Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF chest runs

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Erfel, Jun 18, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 2663

1. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

Hi everybody!

My new sorceress is still unable to clear areas in hell without spending a lot of time, and so i want to make some chests mf runs.

Of course lower kurast is the place to be... but what else?

I know where superchests are, but i'm looking for groups of chests, or for chests close to waypoint.

Also accepted easy runs for a fire sorc... i tried with andy and her -50% fire res, but his minions are tough for me
  2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

If Hell andy is tough, you may want to try NM andy. Best odds in the entire game for SoJs, she's also a very good target for things like Skin of the Vipermagi, Shaftstop, Kelpie Snare, Peasant Crown, Tal Rasha's Adjudication (amulet), Nagelrings, Goldwrap, Frostburn, Chance Guards, String of Ears, Waterwalks... Basically a bunch of gear which will make life easier for you and your merc, even in hell.

Also try leveling up a bit. NM baalruns are good up until the low 70's, and aren't too dangerous. Hell Mausoleum (by Blood Raven) is a level 85 area with no natural fire immunes and fairly slow and few monsters, so that might be worth checking out too.

Generally, chests aren't good *MF* targets, they're more for runes, jewels, charms, gems kind of things. The superchests can't even drop anything unique, set or normal quality.

Hell Mephisto (using meteor and getting him stuck) can be a very rewarding run too. Even if he has 75% fire resistance, if you run him with no merc and get him stuck, you're still good to wear every bit of MF you can muster.

Ultimately, Hell LK could net you the runes for Infinity, and by then you should move on to lvl 85 areas for the best exp and the possibility to find Tyrael's, or maybe Pindleskin for reasonable exp and any item but tyrael's, azurewrath and Arach (but meph can drop the latter two).
  3. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

What do you mean when you say "getting meph stuck"? o_O
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Search either the forums or use google, search for the "moat trick"! ;)

Its where you lure mephisto closer to the "moat" (river) that you teleports over. Standing as far away from him as possible, unabling him to move alot. And Meteor/Blizzard users will get a free kill this way.

He wont attack you from that distance, but your merc will probably die if you have one.

Peace
  5. Tigro

Tigro IncGamers Member

When I am Mephi-running with merc, I usually pull Mephi to moat, then teleport to the south part (like normal moat-trick) and then teleport a bit furhter, so the merc will get interested in that party of ghoul lords. After that, i WALK back to see Mephi and start bashing him with Blizz/Mete. The thing is, that the merc wants to be close to you, but wants to attack ghoul lords as well, so he will be safe from Mephi. Or if i need, I reteleport to the spot, so he will stay at me if he is in trouble. With this tactic, the killing speed is just like 5-10 seconds slower and my merc dies like every 10th run.(which is better than dying every run :D)
  6. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advices... anyway, i finally got my second infinity :D

If you play much with sorceresses, please take a look at "sorceress advices" in soso section :)