Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Bowazon - viable in WSK?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by inkantuj, Apr 9, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 3755

1. inkantuj

inkantuj IncGamers Member

Hello!
    I decided recently to create a MF character who would clear lvl 85 areas (opposed to boss hunting). In the same time, I don't want to play fishymancer nor javazon, plus I've got bored of running Pits/Ancient Tunnels. Worldstone Keep seems like a good place to break this routine. However, do you think that PURE bowazon would make it there? Just bow skills, MS/Strafe + elemental attacks, very good killing speed, some safety and ~250% Magic Find? I have little experience with bowazons, especially when we're talking about efficient clearing of such dangerous areas. What skills and items do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your input!
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I doubt it will work, since imo, BowAmazons arent that good in Hell. Unless shes built for dmg, and not mf.

But hey, its just my opinion.

Peace
  3. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

Of course bowazons are not like hammerdins.

Still, my bowazon with strafe can easily clear WSK... monsters usually die before getting close enough to hit me (valk and decoy are a great help).

That's my gear

Circlet 20% frw 3 socket (with ias/ed jewels) ---> really hard to find those jewels, but still a great help. It depends on what can you buy... stealskull? 50% mf
    Weapon ---> Witchwild string upped. Not that high damage, but high percentage of critical strike and also to cast amplify damage. 2 free sockets, you could put 2 ists in them (60% mf)
    Armor ---> I use fortitude, of course... if you're looking for magic find you could use skullder's socketed with ias jewel (let's say 90% mf) or enigma (85-90% mf)
    Belt ---> I think nosferatu's coil is the only option. Without the socketed circlet you need some more ias
    Gloves ---> Whatever with 20% ias... i have some great 20% ias 3 PM skills (thanks archone :p )
    Boots ---> The usual option is gore riders... but since you're not killing any boss, and since you have huge percentage of critical strike, you can throw them away and look for some rare mf boots (let's say 20%)
    Amulet ---> I use atma's scarab, and i wouldn't ever change it. Still with critical strike, your damage is not that high (especially 'cause you wouldn't use forti and the circlet), so you would need some more chance to cast amplify damage.
    Rings ---> You don't need more leech, so i use 2 ravenfrosts

Now you should have about 250% mf using a gheed or eventually some 7% mf scs (but you shouldn't need many). You may want some more resist charms (but you still have more than usual bowazons), and absolutely some more damage. +3/20 scs and poison scs can be a great help.

Merc
    I use act1 merc with faith. This will give you a lot of ias, giving you more choice about your gear. Andy/forty are always good.

This build would require some attention, of course, but should be enough to clear all WSK. The real danger is (as always) caused by burning souls. You have low res and low life (a good CTA is needed). Pay a lot of attention if you find them, and use decoy :)

P.S.
    I only use strafe, nothing in elemental, but that's me of course :)
  4. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

I made a WSK bowa a while back and it worked quite fine. On lower psettings atleast, on p1 its a blast, on p3 it still works but don't go higher.

Here's the approach I took.

I made it elemental bowa ( ie FA/Strafe ). I like physical bows generally but not in WSK, for many reasons. First I tend to build them like glass cannons and you can't really survive with low resists and life in WSK. Second so many of the monsters in there have high DR%, like burning souls with 90% dr, or immune. Amp from atma's etc helps but its not enough.

Silence crusader bow is the key to this build. For good reasons
    -It has +2 skills, good ias, dmg, 30 MF and 75 allres
    -It has 11% manaleech which really helps with freezing arrows.
    -Strafe with it and all the monsters on the screen are blinded and slowed or running away. Amazing crowd control.

For the armor I would get CoH. +2 skills, 25 mf and resistances will be maxed just by this and the silence.
    Fill in the rest of the slots with standard mf gear like shako, war traveler, MF charms. I would suggest 2/20 gloves and razortail though.

You will get enough dmg, survivability and 300+ mf to blast through anything the WSK throws at you. It's quite a lot of fun- on lower psettings anyway.
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Checked on the Silence rw.. Was suprised Id missed that one! I dont usually experiment with weapon rw's though! Thanks for mentioning it! :)

zaphod really has a nice setup there, he is correct about the PH resistant monsters. And that you cant really survive without resistances.
    I know resists make a huge difference there, I have a JavaZon for that area.

Silence is really great due to the %chance to make monsters flee, and blind. Doubt it would work well otherwise.

Peace
  6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

Strafe/Frozen arrow is nice for freezing some of the critters in WSK, although some of them will be cold resistant. Lke said above, use Decoy and try to place your merc and valk on them. IMO, it can be done but it will take longer than many other classes so be patient, attentive and watch for Souls. Strategize about your placement and always have a path of retreat if necessary.
  7. inkantuj

inkantuj IncGamers Member

Thanks for all responses, folks!
    I haven't tested all your ideas yet, but I will before the end of current ladder. Build presented by Zaphodbrx looks like a safe alternative, but I'm still not sure about killing speed there. On the other hand, Erfel's itemsetup could be vulnerable, but life leech and physical damage should be sufficient for most mobs. I'll tell you more when I finish my so-called strategy CE/Bone Necromancer :)