Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Area-Levellist 85+/84/83/82

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by melianor, Jan 28, 2004. | Replies: 50 | Views: 142190

1. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

MF Area-Levellist 85+/84/83/82

This is a vey useful list to find all those nice MF-ing areas, once you get bored of boss-running. Though these areas might take some time to yield good items, the poitive aspect is, that they can drop ANY item in the game. Basically you are running through an area crapped to the top with Pindles ;)
    Another nice thing is that you will gain exp when running those areas, even when you are lvl85+

To explain why these areas can yield all items in the game:
    ... The highest TC in patch 1.10 is TC 87, which includes all items from qlvl 85 to 87. Previously, a TC 90 still existed, but all items of this TC have now been included in TC 87. ...

When the monster level has been determined using the area level, the monster properties and the treasure classes for the monster type will be recalculated and reassigned. If a higher treasure class has been calculated for a monster, it will now drop items of that new class. What is interesting in this regard is that the treasure classes will only be upgraded and not downgraded, which means that the monster will drop as originally specified or better after the level adaptation. In the game difficulty "Hell", there are now (from Act 1 on) various areas with the very high level of 85, which promise excellent success for "Magic Find" (see the following table with the area levels). ....

Bosses in those lvl85 areas will mostly have lvl86/87

[I know i missed some information here, so maybe you Borlag can repost that here too. I just forgot what it was :/ ]

I think that kind of summs it up, so here's the list :D

Code:
    Name                        HELL LevelName                   Notes
    Act 1 - Cow level              81        Cow level   
    Act 1 - Cave 5              [highlight]85[/highlight]        Pit Level 1                 
    Act 1 - Cave 3 Treasure     83        Underground Passage Level 2
    Act 1 - Cave 5 Treasure     [highlight]85[/highlight]        Pit Level 2
    Act 1 - Crypt 1 A           83        Crypt
    Act 1 - Crypt 2 A           [highlight]85[/highlight]        Mausoleum
    Act 2 - Tomb 3 A            82        Claw Viper Temple Level 1
    Act 2 - Tomb 2 Treasure     82        Halls of the Dead Level 3
    Act 2 - Tomb 3 Treasure     83        Claw Viper Temple Level 2
    Act 2 - Lair 1 A            [highlight]84[/highlight]        Maggot Lair Level 1
    Act 2 - Lair 1 B            [highlight]84[/highlight]        Maggot Lair Level 2
    Act 2 - Lair 1 Treasure     [highlight]85[/highlight]        Maggot Lair Level 3
    Act 2 - Sewer 2 A           [highlight]85[/highlight]        Ancient Tunnels
    Act 3 - Travincal           82        Travincal                   
    Act 3 - Dungeon 2 B         82        Flayer Dungeon Level 2      
    Act 3 - Dungeon 1 Treasure  82        Swampy Pit Level 3          
    Act 3 - Dungeon 2 Treasure  83        Flayer Dungeon Level 3      
    Act 3 - Sewer 1             [highlight]84[/highlight]        Sewers Level 1              
    Act 3 - Sewer 2             [highlight]85[/highlight]        Sewers Level 2              
    Act 3 - Temple 1            [highlight]84[/highlight]        Ruined Temple               (In Kurast Bazaar)
    Act 3 - Temple 2            [highlight]84[/highlight]        Disused Fane                (In Kurast Bazaar)
    Act 3 - Temple 3            [highlight]84[/highlight]        Forgotten Reliquary         (In Upper Kurast)
    Act 3 - Temple 4            [highlight]85[/highlight]        Forgotten Temple            (In Upper Kurast)
    Act 3 - Temple 5            [highlight]85[/highlight]        Ruined Fane                 (In Kurast Causeway)
    Act 3 - Temple 6            [highlight]85[/highlight]        Disused Reliquary           (In Kurast Causeway)
    Act 3 - Mephisto 1          83        Durance of Hate Level 1     
    Act 3 - Mephisto 2          83        Durance of Hate Level 2     
    Act 3 - Mephisto 3          83        Durance of Hate Level 3     
    Act 4 - Mesa 1              82        Outer Steppes               
    Act 4 - Mesa 2              83        Plains of Despair           
    Act 4 - Mesa 3              [highlight]84[/highlight]        City of the Damned          
    Act 4 - Lava 1              [highlight]85[/highlight]        River of Flame              
    Act 4 - Diablo 1            [highlight]85[/highlight]        Chaos Sanctum 
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 1          82        Crystalized Cavern Level 1  (Crystalline Passage)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 1A         83        Cellar of Pity              (Frozen River)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 2          83        Crystalized Cavern Level 2  (Glacial Trail)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 2A         [highlight]84[/highlight]        Echo Chamber                (Drifter Cavern)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 3          82        Glacial Caves Level 1       (Ancient's Way)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 3A         83        Glacial Caves Level 2       (Icy Cellar)
    Act 5 - Temple Entrance     83        Nihlathaks Temple           
    Act 5 - Temple 1            83        Halls of Anguish            
    Act 5 - Temple 2            [highlight]84[/highlight]        Halls of Death's Calling    (Halls of Pain)
    Act 5 - Temple Boss         [highlight]84[/highlight]        Halls of Vaught             
    Act 5 - Hell 2              82        Hell2                       (Pit of Acheron)
    Act 5 - Hell 3              83        Hell3                       (Infernal Pit)
    Act 5 - Baal Temple 1       [highlight]85[/highlight]        The Worldstone Keep Level 1 
    Act 5 - Baal Temple 2       [highlight]85[/highlight]        The Worldstone Keep Level 2 
    Act 5 - Baal Temple 3       [highlight]85[/highlight]        The Worldstone Keep Level 3 
    Act 5 - Throne Room         [highlight]85[/highlight]        Throne of Destruction       
    Act 5 - World Stone         [highlight]85[/highlight]        The Worldstone Chamber

2. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Thank You - it is very useful contribution :) ... especially after... thread storm
  3. melianor

thx =) and before i forget. MODS PLEASE STICKY THIS!!! =)
  4. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Sorry Melianor, don't have the list anymore as my home comp was set to delete everything upon closing browser :( Will double check if I forgot anything at work computer (btw reposted your post earlier, as I found that one at work comp, along with some other stuff)

I do have this though: http://www.lap.ttu.ee/one/d2/arealvl/

The explanations for the area levels (If I remember right):

alvl 85, all monsters have a good chance to drop from the TC87 which is the highest now. All monsters can drop all items.

alvl84, all monsters have a moderate chance to drop from the TC87, only uniques and champions can drop all the items

alvl 83, all monsters have a small chance to drop from the TC87, only uniques can drop all items.

Act bosses ignore alvl, this explains why Mephisto cannot drop all the items.
  5. Celandro

Celandro IncGamers Member

mephisto did drop an azurewrath for me. Dont know if this disagrees with your alvl thing though.
  6. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Act Bosses aren't affected by area lvl.
    -X
  7. tl998

tl998 Banned

I'm trying to get a list of all monsters and their levels. Where can I find such a list?
  8. melianor

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/

Under "Monsters" you will find a very comprehensive list. But in concern of the areas in hell this does not matter since ALL monsters in those specific areas are lvl85 all the time!

For Nightmare or Normal that might be useful.

From the Bossmonsters Ball and Pindle on Hell can drop all items in the game if i remember right.

@borlag thx for adding that info again :)
  9. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Here's the information salvaged from "another place":

85 Pit Level 1
    85 Pit Level 2
    85 Mausoleum
    85 Maggot Lair Level 3
    85 Ancient Tunnels
    85 Sewers Level 2 (Kurast)
    85 Forgotten Temple
    85 Ruined Fane
    85 Disused Reliquary
    85 River of Flame
    85 Chaos Sanctuary
    85 The Worldstone Keep Level 1
    85 The Worldstone Keep Level 2
    85 The Worldstone Keep Level 3
    85 Throne of Destruction
    85 The Worldstone Chamber

84 Maggot Lair Level 1
    84 Maggot Lair Level 2
    84 Sewers Level 1 (Kurast)
    84 Ruined Temple
    84 Disused Fane
    84 Forgotten Reliquary
    84 City of the Damned
    84 Drifter Cavern
    84 Halls of Pain
    84 Halls of Vaught

83 Underground Passage Level 2
    83 Crypt
    83 Claw Viper Temple Level 2
    83 Flayer Dungeon Level 3
    83 Durance of Hate Level 1
    83 Durance of Hate Level 2
    83 Durance of Hate Level 3
    83 Plains of Despair
    83 Frozen River
    83 Glacial Trail
    83 Icy Cellar
    83 Nihlathaks Temple
    83 Halls of Anguish
    83 Infernal Pit

The 85s - all monsters will be able to drop from TC87 with a "good" chance, and champions and uniques will be able to drop all items.

84s are not quite as good, all can drop TC87 but with a "small" chance, only uniques can drop all items.

In the 83s, all monsters can still drop TC87 but some unique items cannot be dropped.

This basically means that in my previous post there were some major flaws, especially with who can drop what. But this one has the correct info.
  10. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Actually they scale in NM too, but there aren't any high-level areas in unexpected places there. Normal is unaffected by level scaling.

Pindle is able to drop all base items (TC87) but he's only level 86, thus he can't drop Tyrael's Might, Azurewrath or Arachnid Mesh.

Unique monsters (and their minions) have mlvl = alvl +3, Champions have mlvl = alvl +2.

Any monster with their own special TC (including but not limited to The Countess, Griswold, The Smith, Hephasto, Nihlathak, all Act Bosses) will drop only from their own TCs. Other bosses who drop from the 'normal' TCs (including Pindle, Thresh, Eldritch, etc.) will be calculated for as normal Unique monsters.
  11. Mr_Grimm

Mr_Grimm IncGamers Member

plz sticky this :D
  12. melianor

bumpersticker please! "Dont mind my bumping if you aint sticking!"
  13. rummy

rummy IncGamers Member

Thanks for the great post :clap: . This should be on the first page for sure :thumbsup: .
  14. Mule

Mule IncGamers Member

15. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

It doesn't. Mephisto actually has the best effective chance in the game to drop Azure.
  16. melianor

17. cky

cky IncGamers Member

my memory is a bit hazy but i remember seeing a mf drop rate chart from somewhere back in 1.09, does anybody know where to get a 1.1 version of that chart??
  18. melianor

You can get that chart still at d2items.net i think.

and *bump* since not stickied.
  19. melianor

Good reason to look here for information concerning Pit runs and other lvl85 areas...
  20. djnoj

djnoj IncGamers Member

Now that Master Melianor has the power, this here is a bump to remind ya to sticky it :)