Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Meteorb vs. Blizz (pure cold): which to choose?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by thewoodshed, Mar 27, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 2256

1. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

Meteorb vs. Blizz (pure cold): which to choose?

looking at guides, and it seem a bit confusing. Back in the day the pure blizz/orb sorc ruled the MF roost, and now I am leveling a new sorc untwinked (except for the few items I find with my now lvl 40 barb) and was wondering if the meteorb would be a better choice for killing efficiencies due to the cold immunes in hell.

So, what are your suggestion pleas?

Thanks,
    Ted
  2. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

Re: Meteorb vs. Blizz (pure cold): which to choose?

If your goal is to farm bosses like andariel and mephisto, pure blizz is the way to go. If you want to clear zones or generally just be able to solo everything in hell difficulty (though not necessarily quickly) meteorb is better.
  3. thewoodshed

So maybe I should go meteorb while leveling, then reskill/restat to blizz sorc when I begin farming bosses maybe?

I remeber I used to drop an blizz, and then orb, orb, orb and drop another blizz....wash, rise repeat and boss was dead.
  4. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

the first couple sorcs i started on SP with, i did similar. farmed meph and a couple other places (cant remember) getting gear enough to push through to baal using hybrid build (blizz/nova on one, cant remember the other) then respecialized to full single tree build to use on specific targets (nova for countess, orb for meph/LK). doing it this way got me the tasty act 4 and 5 quests, a few needed levels, and the Guardian title.

5. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Sounds like a terrible idea, because a) blizzard and orb are both timed spells b) frozen orb gives no synergy to blizzard. Better use ice blast.

6. thewoodshed

Now, it certainly is but then it worked beautifully. I would do hundreds of MF runs with that build.