Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc problem

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Marthax, May 4, 2007. | Replies: 7 | Views: 427

1. Marthax

Marthax IncGamers Member

Merc problem

Hi everybody!

Didn't when where to put this thread so I hope I made the right decision. Anyway, on to my problem.

I have a lvl 85 act2 freeze merc that's currently using Infinity,Leviathan and Tal's mask. That gives him 235str and +64 all res.
    My problem is that I want him to have +90 all res which means I have to go with the Guardian Angel and that doesn't seem that hard. Well the though part is that he doesn't have enough str for it because the Leviathan gives him 49. Without it he has a base str of 186. To be able to get +90 all res I have to socket two um's, one into the armor and the other into the helmet and that would give him +93.
    How do I give my merc enough str to carry infinity, but at the same time make him +90 all res? I'm not letting go of the infinity so forget it :tongue:

Thanks guys! :wave:

Marthax
  2. xdhavoc

xdhavoc IncGamers Member

Although Tal's Mask is a descent choice for mercs, you might want to try a different helm that gives + Strength.

Andariel's helm gives more strength, if I remember correctly, but -fire resistance. You could get a andy's helm and socket it w/ a rune that gives +% fire resistance, (I forget which one it is). That might solve your problem.
  3. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Fort and andy's helm (+25-30 strength) socketed with Ral for fire resist or cham for cannot be frozen. Fort armor gives resist and damage.
  4. Marthax

Marthax IncGamers Member

That sounds like a really good idea except one thing. If I socket a rune (Ral gives +30 fire res), I loose the space for a Um rune which means I won't be able to reach +90 all res.
    One more thing, without my Tal's mask I loose +all res 15 which means I land on 49 all res as a base and that's way too low to be able to hit +90. I need a helm that gives +all res and at the same +str.

EDIT: Just figured it out! I'll just use the Veil of steel which gives +50 all res (completely satisfies the res. need without any um's) and then lvl 3 lvls which will then give my merc 210 str. :smiley:
  5. yetidiah

yetidiah IncGamers Member

Hmm 210 for infinity... I am assuming its in a CV... I suggest getting a GPA or giant thresher with infinity in them, they may be more expensive but they are faster and have lower requirments. You could then use a guardian angel socketed with um and veil of steel with a cham socketed to reach 90% res
  6. Amendir

Amendir IncGamers Member

That's not exactly a cheap solution for him... Getting such a socketable item as you propose and making an Infinity in it ain't something everyone does.
  7. Marthax

Marthax IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input guys. I got it figured out now :smiley:
  8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

210 ? It seems your Infinity runeword is made in a noneth CV. First, use an ethereal one instead, it will deal 1.5 times as much damage and have a str and dex req of 10 less. Second, use a different base weapon. I suggest an eth thresher. The problem is that it's hard to get one with 4 sockets (Larzuk will give it 5), so you might have to try the cube recipe with a couple of unsocketed ones (1 in 6 chance) or to buy one for a few HRs. The price depends on the realm you are playing in.