Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc polearm weapon range

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Gabrielle, Apr 9, 2008. | Replies: 7 | Views: 2050

1. Gabrielle

Gabrielle IncGamers Member

Merc polearm weapon range

Hi,

Is there a cap on weapon range of mercs? Suppose that I have an infinity CA with range 4 and an infinity tresher with range 2, the CA would have alot more weapon range like it would have wielding yourself? This is actually the main point which I'm concerned about a new infinity I'm aquiring, I think I like the +2 range more than the little bit of extra dmg per second.

Can also someone give me IAS tables for both infinity weapons, can't seem to find alot of info about this :tongue:

Cheers,

:smiley:
  2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Re: Merc polearm weapon range

IIRC mercs don't use the range property at all, so go find those breakpoints and you're set.
  3. Gabrielle

Gabrielle IncGamers Member

Is there perhaphs some source where I could verify this cause some people say it matters while others say it don't ? I tried searching but no luck so far :embarassed:
  4. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

I think Krischan tested this once. On merc, all polearms seem to work as if they had range 2. So, for range issues, it doesn't matter what you give him.
  5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

That range thing is a bit strange. I originally concluded that their range is something between 2 and 3 because the can attack certain water snakes in Travincal, but they generally fail at it. Then I discovered that my GF barb with Ali Baba's (range 1) can attack them, at least in nightmare, even though I'm sure that I failed to attack them with other weapons before. I never failed to attack them with range 3 weapons.

In any case, mercs have a fixed range, whatever polearm they use. I just don't know what it is :azn:
  6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

They should have range 3.
  7. Jambe

Jambe IncGamers Member

Is there any definitive answer to this? I'd quite like to know, as I'm looking at trading or using an ethereal thresher I just found, and it has the shortest range of all polearms (2).
  8. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I thought this thread was pretty clear, but it can be summarized as "Fixed range of 3"