Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc help for Frenzy Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by jerboski, Apr 3, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1141

1. jerboski

jerboski IncGamers Member

Im curious about which merc and merc builds to go with my frenzy barb. I look forward to your thoughts and input

Thanks
  2. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

If you need higher damage, might merc with pride is the way.

Else, if you want your merc to deal damage, act5 merc are the best, give them an eth grief/botd/death and that's it.

Another great option could be again the might merc (to help you) with a more damaging weapon than pride (you will deal more damage than with act5 merc, but your merc will deal less damage). In this case you have many possibilities... botd again, destruction, hand of justice and so on... a very good option could also be reaper's toll (with high chance to cast decrpify).

Last but not least, when i use melee chars, i often like to use act3 merc, to deal with physical immunes. If well equipped they can really help.

What would I use?
    Might + pride ---> if you need a help (your damage/ar is too low)
    Might + reaper's toll ---> if you need another source of damage and a help in survivability.
    Act3 cold/light merc ---> if you barb is really strong enough to fight alone

Andy + fortitude in the first to cases, enigma + spirit sword + spirit shield + shako for act 3 merc (eventually lawbringer/azurewrath to help his survivability)
  3. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

it really depends on your equipment and kill speed imo

if your barb is really strong, you´ll be far ahead of your merc most of the time, so (s)he will be following you doing nothing most of the time. that scenario reduces him/her to a pure aura carrier. nothing should be immune to you in that case (berserk for PIs) so i´d go with a rogue with something fun -> harmony for running extra fast, wrath for a lot of curses, ice for aura, faith for fana or wws for amp procs

for pure damage nothing beats an act 2 might mercenary wielding reapers (in case of no other source for curses)
    however a BA merc might be more helpful...
  4. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

If you don't do standard act 2, Zon is Great but the Old version +3 skills Chain Lighting Zon was so cool
    Sigh...

I have a frenzy thrower that uses a zon with a Wrath Bow, fun things are fun.