Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Median XL general chit chat

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by IncubatorJones, Aug 12, 2012. | Replies: 112 | Views: 16591

1. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones IncGamers Member

The drop thread is getting pretty cluttered with OT, thought I ought to make a separate thread to avoid spam.

http://modsbylaz.14.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=15

Third link from the top is a build compilation, there are a few sorc builds.

Perfect gems can be useful while leveling, but they're mostly crap compared to jewels and runes. With the exception of the ones not found in regular D2, bloodstones, turqoise, onyx etc. are very useful if you need resists. There are a gabillion runewords, and I don't remember the stats on any of them, I just search through the list once I find a rune and see if there is anything useful.

And another thing I always like to point out to newcomers, there are a couple of level challenges in this mod. You need to do certain things before certain levels to get some really nice bonuses. Lvl 50 is the first milestone, click on the challenges link here to find out more: http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/ (if you already read it, just disregard me)

Edit: Oh and another tip, you said your inventory is cluttered with runes, if you cube a single rune, it returns a lower one. I usually keep a few highest runes, that way I can easily break them down if I need something for a lower runeword. Likewise, two of the same runes cubed returns a higher one.

2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Thats it!!

I will return when Ive played some Median! :D

Time to reawaken the lvl 120 Assa I guess!

Peace
  3. IncubatorJones

Success!

I've never made an assa, even in D2. Maybe I should try one out soon. :scratchchin:

Edit: I started a wyrmshot amazon the other day, man she's powerful, even with untwinked gear. I just did the Judgement day uber, and the bonus aswell. Only took 3-4 tries too.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  4. IncubatorJones

One of the first Duncraig runs after I thinked my amazon with some MF, oh look, one of the best bows for her!

[​IMG]
  5. PKRizzla

PKRizzla IncGamers Member

I want to make the level 30 unique amulet.

Fren Slairea
    Amulet
    Required Level: 30
    +1 to All Skills
    +(31 to 40)% to Lightning Spell Damage
    +(17 to 20) to Flash
    Decrease Maximum Mana -25%
    Lightning Absorb 10%

But how can i craft these? Find a area with level 30 monsters and use their drops? Can a amulet become white?
  6. IncubatorJones

I've never been an expert in crafting, and a quick google didn't give me any results. :/ I guess you just need to create unique amulets until you get what you want.

The recipe is simple enough, catalyst of disenchantment + unique or sets creates an arcane shard. 5 arcane shards = arcane crystal, 2 crystals + oil of echantment any amulet (can be rare or magical, white ones don't exist anyway) = unique amulet. If you are in normal, Meph is a good place to farm uniques since he always drops two.

Edit: I guess if the amulets item level is 30 it would make it. But I tried to google the monster/area levels and didn't find anything :/
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  7. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

This looks pretty sweet. I should give it a try I think.
    Do you need LoD as well, or just vanilla?
  8. IncubatorJones

Well there are runes in the mod, so I'd say yeah LoD is needed.

I'll just make a quick list of the things about this mod, should make it a bit easier to new players. I haven't got time to write a proper guide, so just making a short list. I'm probably forgetting some important things, feel free to add if I missed anything.

- There are 3 level challanges, at 50, 80 and 90. http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/ Details from the "challenge" link. Those give some very nices bonuses, remember to do them. Last time I did the lvl 50 challenge, I hired a Bloodmage merc from A3, it was a great help.

- Procs are good (chance to cast spell on attack/kill) since some spells are based on weapon damage. It's not piddly 1-8 lightning dmg from LoD, the better your damage is, the more damage procs do.

- From FAQ "Unlike in classic LoD, the strength and dexterity bonuses make a noticable difference at high levels, especially if you have no skills that add +% damage (bowazon)."

- You can make non-sacred uniques with a cube recipe. There is only one non-sacred unique for each base item, so it's pretty easy to check the list of uniques for something you want and make it. Sacred is the last tier of item, it would be silly if you could make them, you need to find them instead and they can only drop in hell.

- The number behind the base item is the tier of the item, that can be upgraded with a recipe. Just remember to unsocket it and double check if you meet the new str/dex/lvl requirements. (I learnt that the hard way.. several times)

- Unique/set + catalyst of learning gives you +1 stat point, up to 500 times. Do don't throw away those useless drops!

- Walking speed is alot faster than in LoD. For those who don't know, defence is 0 when you run.

I'm sure I forgot something important :scratchchin:
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  9. IncubatorJones

Yes, perfect for my melee sorc!

Edit: Hmm, I was so excited that I moused over the defence, it's ~12k

[​IMG]
  10. Malevolent

Malevolent IncGamers Member

wait,, does go-mule work with median?
  11. PKRizzla

PKRizzla IncGamers Member

Unfortunately it does not :(
  12. IncubatorJones

No, but PlugY does. I don't use it since there are so many references to it in the crashes and errors faq

13. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Only PlugY? What about atma? :p

Is there a way to mule? Since I cant go online I mean.
    But the more I think about it, the sweeter it sounds with an untwinked char.. :)

Anyways, I love my lvl 22 amazon so far! Its 50% new, 50% old for me! So much fun!

I looove the crafting! :D

Peace
  14. IncubatorJones

I don't think ATMA works, it only says PlugY in the FAQ.

There is a way to mule if you have to keysets. Just make a TCP/IP game with the char you want to mule from and start joining with mules. It's a bit fiddly yes, but it's not too bad. Sandboxie stores the character files on its own folder btw, you won't find them in the folder where you installed D2. I think the standard path is C:\Sandbox\etc.

Edit: Or, you know, go the easy route and use PlugY

Shrine crafting is genious, why wasn't it in D2? All that mucking about with jewels and runes and pames.. Ugh :yuck:
  15. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I dont know PlugY, I dont use any hacks for d2 normally.

So I can use that for muling? Then I go for that. (But Ive got sandboxie and 2 sets of keys aswell)

Peace and love
  16. IncubatorJones

I don't know it either, I know that it can be used for muling. Or alteast I'm 99% sure it can. And I know it's banned by the SP community here, though I don't know why. I should probably try it out myself
  17. SunSet

SunSet IncGamers Member

This sounds stupid... What's the best class? :D
    I want to give a try to this mod, and I don't know which one to pick xD
  18. IncubatorJones

The strongest untwinked char I've played is wyrmshot amazon. Here's a pretty good guide for it: http://modsbylaz.14.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=23177

I managed to get all but the hardest charms with her, pretty easily aswell. I used slightly different skills than in that guide, I used estatic frenzy, which gives you nice bonuses but sets your defence to 0. But as a bowzon you shouldn't get hit anyway so it's really not that big of a tradeoff imo. Also I highly suggest putting enough points into phalanx so its spelltimer is 0, that's a really really good skill in certain situations and places.
  19. SunSet

SunSet IncGamers Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try then :D

EDIT: Great Mod, I think I'll stick to it for a while. The build you gave me is perfect! :D But I think that if you have enough gold in this game, it's easy to get OP...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  20. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

I think its banned in the SP community because it allows you to do the ubers. But they aren't the "true" ubers because the AI isn't correct, and its something that wasn't intended to be in single player by blizzard so its not allowed.