Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

McClellan Gone (we've gotten lazy around here)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DrunkCajun, Apr 19, 2006. | Replies: 55 | Views: 1422

1. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

2. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

I saw it - but really - is it news?

The press secretary is a person who deflects questions and repeats the mantra of the president while providing no real information. It is a sham made to make the United States feel as if the press has a representation of what the president says.

In my mind - no news. He'll be replaced with another robot to deflect and redirect.
  3. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

I'd say it's news coming on the heels of other WHers losing their positions or stepping down, especially given the fact that this looks like the White House cleaning up it's image ahead of the midterm elections and taking into consideration the pressure being put on the administration over Rumsfeld's job.
  4. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

I would say press secretary is not big news. Rove - now that is news. this guy has made a career out of dirty politics, and for him to step down to concentrate on the 'other tasks' ahead...that's scary. Bush's nickname for him is 'Turd Blossom'. This guy is as dirty as they come, and the textbook definition of sociopath. If he is not in the headlines, I'm scared...
  5. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

I'd have to agree that this isn't really a big story.

The price of gold & oil however......
  6. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

it's about time, he lost his nerve during the seven days and let the virginians slip through his fingers at sharpsburg
  7. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

You're a fine one to talk, accusing us of slippage - just not much point in rehashing the same argument 15 more times. Didn't you read the various conservative (including Dick Morris in this category) opinion pieces saying that a meaningless cabinet shuffle is just what the doctor ordered for this administration? Smoke & mirrors, good for what ails ya!

I think McClellan just got sick of this in his face...

EDIT - besides, members are whining about my posting habits. Otherwise, I would have trotted out these gems far sooner:
    Iran prez arrests 4 over text message
    *and*
    that Clinton believes the 'enlightened mullahs have made Iran into a much freer nation than the United States will ever be.'
  8. Nerf-Herder

Nerf-Herder IncGamers Member

Mervster, such a fine Republitarian... Way to stick up for your buddy!

All this will do is give a new face to the lies. (the resignation of McClellan)
    Klassic Konservative Kill the messenger...
  9. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

God, that must be a crappy job. I feel sorry for anyone who has to stomach it on a regular basis.
  10. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Why do I have to re-deny my political affiliation with every thread? It isn't like I'm calling <all of> you commies. These are nothing but a deliberate distraction, if they're even meaningful.

I don't really get you here. About all there has been was some fluff-up about discrepancies between Scotties' statements and later official positions. How is that (or Thomas' pug-ugguly mug) "kill the messenger?"
  11. Nerf-Herder

Nerf-Herder IncGamers Member

Just sayin McClellan isn't important, he is just the messenger.

And... also sayin that you seem to lean very much to the right, in spite of your claims of being a Libertarian.
  12. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

13. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

He's such a loser. I've only ever seen him at press conferences and he appears to be of no use (probably the job he holds rather than himself).
  14. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Thought that was what <I> was saying. If I were more leftie, I'd be using the old saw about "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic".

Well, you're not paying attention then. :cool:

I'm extraordinarily conservative about a few issues (mostly military ones), very liberal about a couple (economic), and mostly centrist on the rest. One of the silly Internet tests put me square center politically; it is just that the OTF is and always has been markedly left-of-center for the U.S. Another thread (think one of the Bush competency ones) showed a substantial number of non-American participants, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I appear very right wing.
  15. SaroDarksbane

Here's the quote from the article:
    The quote J-man posted was a quote on the part of the article, summing up Clinton's quote (in their opinion). Unfortunately, his doesn't seem a whole lot better.
  16. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

No, that was a right-wing paraphrase. Thought you were big on reading? :laugh:

But what he did say is still pretty asinine -
    "Iran is the only country in the world that has now had six elections since the first election of President Khatami (in 1997). (It is) the only one with elections, including the United States, including Israel, including you name it, where the liberals, or the progressives, have won two-thirds to 70 percent of the vote in six elections: Two for president; two for the Parliament, the Majlis; two for the mayoralties. In every single election, the guys I identify with got two-thirds to 70 percent of the vote. There is no other country in the world I can say that about, certainly not my own."

When BJ is saying that the guys he identifies with won in Iran, one really has to question his self-identification.

Or maybe he just thinks the "totalitarian theocrat who can sleep with minors & be excused" gig sounds really cool! :cool:

EDIT - looks like Saro's faster on they keyboard than I. Original source has been pulled, of course... but there's others, including some that include sound. The mullahs are making hay with it, of course.
  17. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Good god, so defensive. I wasn't attacking, I was observing.

I tend to agree that a shakeup is what the administration needs--whether it'll help or not is another question, but it's not surprising. I'm still trying to decide whether Rummy'll last the weekend or not. Seems to me that the last two times Bush said he had complete and total faith in someone they were out the door a few days later...Harriet Meier comes to mind, as does a certain former FEMA director who was doin a "helluva job".

Question really is though, will it help? Cheney set a historical record yesterday for polling lower than any VP or Prez since polling was around, dropping lower than Richard Nixon. IIRC, he bottomed out at 17% approval yesterday, which is bloody deplorable.

Just some interesting observations to note as we come up on the midterms and as the GOP fights to hold a slim majority.
  18. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

Is he lying or is this the case?
  19. SaroDarksbane

I wonder if the majority of the populace even knows why they don't like Cheney.

I'm willing to bet they don't.
  20. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Well, it depends on what "Is" is. :laughing: He's in effect calling the mullahs fellow liberals.

If his self-definition doesn't offend you, then on your head be it. But he also doesn't seem to grasp the full dimensions to his claim, including that the elections are at least somewhat of a sham.