Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

masterazn's Charge Variant PvP Auradin Guide [DRAFT I] ifr

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by masterazn, Jan 20, 2006. | Replies: 69 | Views: 62598

1. masterazn

masterazn Banned

masterazn's Charge Variant PvP Auradin Guide [DRAFT I]

Masterazn’s Dual Element PvP Charge Variant Auradin for v1.11b DRAFT I

Introduction to the Dual Element PvP Charge Variant Auradin
    Hey all,

I’m masterazn, I currently live in China and I’ve been playing Diablo II for quite a while, from 1.00 on single player until I hit the realms in1.08. I currently play on the US-West Realm on Non-Ladder Softcore exclusively.

I strongly urge you all to read this guide thoroughly so that you can understand the workings of the Auradin in detail. The Auradin is unlike many classes, you must have full knowledge of how your Auradin works to be efficient in PvP. Gear changing is vital to the Auradin’s survival and killing ability depending on opponents.

I have recently completed my Charger Variant Aurading (CVA) and have decided to make a guide for it. Although this resembles raffster’s Auradin build, I believe mine will shine in the sense that it will be detailed with what gear choices and also, something that most guides do not do, fully explain why such gear was chosen. In addition, raffster’s guide is quite outdated and I believe mine will offer insight on more recent information.

Note that this guide is my personal opinion on how the build should be done. If you disagree, your comments are welcome but I’d appreciate constructive debate over this build. I will gladly respond to your questions, your PM’s, your suggestions as long as we keep this civilized. Once again, this is how I built mine, if you disagree, then you are free to stop reading and do as you wish. This is purely what I believe should be done to make this build as successful as possible.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Charge Variant Auradin is most successful in public duelling rooms. One of the greatest advantages (if not the main one) is that the Auradin is able to deal damage from afar without the need cast or attack. At the same time, the Auradin is equipped with top-end gear and obtains his damage from those items. As a result, many items slots are left available for defensive gear. Hence, the Auradin tends to be a great public game dueller.

Please keep in mind that the Auradin is not as efficient as many other build versus melee opponents. I built my Auradin to fight casters and other ranged opponents.

The Breakdown of the Auradin
    The first question that comes to mind is, why the Auradin? This section will simply list the advantages and disadvantages that I have found in my PvP and PvM experiences. These are my personal opinions, you may or may not agree with them.

General Disadvantages
    -The CVA leans on the higher-end of cost for a character build.
    -Non Ladder players will have a harder time acquiring items.
    -The CVA is very item-dependent.
    -Auradin’s in general are often frowned upon and insulted as a “cheap†or “noob†class due to its ability to slay opponents quickly by doing nothing more than moving about.

General Advantages
    -The Auradin can be for the lazy. If you enjoy seeing monsters and opponents suddenly die, the Auradin is for you.
    -Very apt at PvP with low-speed connections and/or high ping (My ping is 800ms on average and I am able to clear out many duelling games on Battle.net).
    -The Auradin is a very impressive build to opponents who are unfamiliar with it. You may be accused of cheating (I have been accused of using Auto-Aim countless times).

PvM Disadvantages
    -Unable to kill dual resistance monsters (Fire and Lightning).
    -Slow killing speed compared to most other builds.
    -Inability to defeat the Ancients in Hell Mode.
    -Inability to lead experience runs (the Auradin levels mainly by leeching).
    -Inability to complete all quests alone.
    -Inability to defeat Diablo Clone.
    -Inability to complete Uber Tristram quest.

PvM Advantages
    -Fast killing speed in Normal Mode and parts of Nightmare Mode (I have never cleared the Den of Evil so quickly before).
    -Requires little monster targeting, moving through an area usually clears monsters.
    -Gear setup allows for extremely high resistances versus elemental damage.

PvP Disadvantages
    -Ineffectiveness against high-life, high-defense, and/or high-block opponents.
    -The CVA is geared towards duelling casters and ranged opponents (mostly Sorceresses, Amazons, Necromancers). To read more about PvP, please see the respective section.
    -Requires large amounts of dexterity to reach 75% block rate due to shield use (see Equipment section).
    -Easily slays “naked†characters attempting to retrieve body (in other words, the Auradin will “NK†chars without you even trying to. I suppose this could be an advantage but I dislike this behavior).
    -Relies on “BM†equipment.
    -Requires stash space to store optimal gear for various opponents.

PvP Advantages
    -Ability to stack resistances and use absorption gear.
    -Very effective versus casters.
    -Has the ability to use charge as a secondary source of damage for opponents with stacked resistances (Important concept note on this later).
    -Deals damage from two elements (Fire and Lightning) in addition to physical damage.
    -Ability to outrun or run just as fast as teleporting opponents (due to charge).
    -Deals large amounts of elemental damage (very effective against Energy Shield Sorceresses).
    -Does not require low-ping connections.
    -Ability to damage multiple opponents repeatedly without the need to worry about targeting.
    -Able to deal damage while evading opponent’s attacks (Aura pulses are strong than one would expect).
  2. masterazn

masterazn Banned

The Charge Variant Auradin’s Armoury
    This section will discuss and explain the different gear choices available to the Charge Variant Auradin. The following will be the gear I am using on my Auradin, equipped and stashed. The final section will discuss other equipment that I have considered.

Helm: ‘Dream’ Bone Visage
    Not much alternative for the helm slot of this build. You need a ‘Dream’ helm to provide your Holy Shock aura for damage. However, this helm should not, in anyway, be underestimated. You may feel as though you have no choice in using this helm just for the aura, but I invite you to look at the stats more carefully (I have underlined the desirable mods for PvP):

As can be seen, a lot of the stats on ‘Dream’ are ideal for PvP. Life boosts, mana boosts, hit recovery, resistances, and defense. What more could you want?

The type of helm here is not too important. I myself use a Bone Visage simply because it is the helm I got when I traded for it. I basically recommend a decent defense helm with okay strength requirements (around 100 strength is a good target). I have seen dreams in Demon Heads and Corona’s as well, although I dislike the first because of the ugly look and the second due to insane strength requirements.

’Dream’ Kurast Shield
    Same as the helm, not much choice here but to use it to stack your auras. Similar stats to the helm, hence I won’t go into detail. But here’s the shield version of dream:

The only difference here is that the shield has a life bonus of 50 hit points instead of a 5% increase.

For shield choices here, I would go with anything you can find that has a good resistance bonus. Mine has a total of 56% all resistances. However, you could go with any type of shield, it is up to you. I recommend sticking to elite Paladin shields for their inherent resistance mod.

‘Dragon’ Archon Plate
    Another obvious choice, you have to stack Holy Fire to get the damage. Same reasoning as with ‘Dream’, the stats on this are not bad either. Note the massive strength boost.
    Mana boost, lightning resist boost, massive strength, defense, and a minor attribute boost are all the lovely stats that come with this more than decent armour. I used an Archon Plate simply for the defense. You can use whichever type of armour you want but I would not get anything that requires anymore strength than the Archon Plate.

‘Hand of Justice’ Berserker Axe
    Yet another obvious choice to stack your Holy Fire aura for damage. I chose the berserker axe for optimal physical damage and the range of 3. Note that with Charge, the speed of the weapon does not matter but the range can help you hit first. Unfortunately, the stats on this runeword are not as impressive as the ones on the Ladder Only ones previously mentioned.

So here we have the IAS, the ED, and the negative resistance to enemies that are obvious pluses for this weapon. Unfortunately, due to our rather low physical damage, we don’t benefit much from the 20% Deadly Strike. However, I have found that in many cases, the meteor that rains down after I die kills my opponent, which is very amusing, really. In any case, the Freezes Target mod helps against those Sorcs with no “Cannot Be Frozen” mod. I would not suggest using any weapon with a range of 2 or less, 3 is the way to go if you ask me.

Raven Frost Ring
    Obvious choice again, this will give you the invaluable “Cannot Be Frozen” mod, the dexterity boost for max block and some nice absorb. I don’t think this will be disputed, however, see my gear switching section for more information on my different setups.

Wisp Projector Ring
    Try and get as high of a % absorb as possible but don’t fret too much over it. This ring will save you from the insane lightning damage that trappers, FoHdins, and lightning sorceresses typically have. Once again, see my gear switching section.

Tearhaunch Greaves
    Dexterity, resistances, strength…the perfect all around boots for this build. Do not got for Gore Rider like other Auradin guides suggest. The truth it, even if you hit with Deadly Strike or Crushing Blow, your damage will still be minimal. If the opponent is affected by physical damage at all (for example sorceresses), then your damage will be more than enough to kill them. Hence, I strongly recommend you grab a pair of these. More on gear switching later.

Metalgrid Amulet
    You’re probably thinking: “What in the hell?” Well, yes, you’re reading it correctly. I’m suggesting you use the Metalgrid amulet. However, ensure that it has at least 30 resistances (so that you actually gain from it when comparing with Mara’s Kaleidoscope). The reason for this is that it gives a nice AR boost that helps you hit your opponents with charge. I do believe the Angelic Combo is also an alternative but I have not chosen that path as I feel Metalgrid’s resistances are unmatchable. Hence, I do not mention the Angelic set in this guide as a choice.

Thundergod’s Vigor War Belt
    Considerably strength and vitality boost with an increase in lightning resistances. This is the belt of choice for the CVA as it will help you boost your stats but also raise your defensive ability. Remember that the idea behind this build is that your ‘Dream’ helm and shield along with the ‘Dragon’ armour and ‘Hand of Justice’ weapon are to provide the damage. The rest is to be all defensive.

Carrion Grasp Heavy Gloves (Rare Item)
    +24% Enhanced Defense
    +10 to Strength
    +15 to Dexterity
    Cold Resist +29%
    Poison Resist +20%
    51% Extra Gold from Monsters

Yes, this is a pair of gloves that would seem mediocre at first but in fact matches the CVA build perfectly. Forget your Dracul’s Grasp, your Laying of Hands, and whatnot. A glove like this pair is the number one choice without a doubt. You are looking for resistances and attribute bonuses. Once again, this is the defensive part of the build. The more you save on Strength and Dexterity, the more Vitality you can pump. So look for a similar pair of gloves. If you cannot find one or trade for one, then I would suggest Trang-Oul’s Claws for resistances.

Inventory Items
    -Paladin Hellfire Torch Grand Charm
    -Annihilus Small Charm
    -Captain’s Grand Charms of X (+1 to Offensive Auras, good secondary mods would be resistances, stats, FHR)
    -Life charms
    -Resistance charms
    -Attribute charms

Do not bother with maximum damage charms as your physical damage will be weak anyway. They make little difference. Charm with AR could help a lot but I find them unnecessary. Do not bother with Faster Hit Recovery charms either since your ‘Dream’ items will likely make you hit a reasonable breakpoint. Run/Walk is always good but not required. Also, do not stack on tons of Offensive Aura Charms, you only need a level 25 Conviction at all times (see Skill Placement section for more on this).

Switch Items
    -‘Call To Arms’ Weapon
    -‘Spirit’ Shield (or Lidless Wall, Sigon’s Shelter…anything that will give +X to All Skills)

Stash Items
    -Lightsabre Phase Blade (Mine is socketed with a Lightning Resist and replenish life jewel)
    -Snowclash Battle Belt
    -Hellmouth War Gauntlets
    -Infernostride Demonhide Boots
    -The Rising Sun Amulet
    -Dwarf Star Ring
    -Dwarf Star Ring
    -Raven Frost Ring
    -Wisp Projector Ring
    -Gemmed Archon Plate ‘OrtOrtOrtOrt’
    -‘Grief’ Berserker Axe
    -‘Fortitude’ Archon Plate

These items are for versatility. I know stacking resistances and absorb is BM but my paladin was made to play BM in public dueling rooms. The ‘OrtOrtOrtOrt’ is my signature armour because I have a hatred of FoH Paladins. See the Gear Setups and PvP Strategy section later for more info.
  3. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Stats Distribution

Strength: “Enough for all gearâ€--Pretty much the standard for any PvP build. However, I recommend pumping a bit more than you expect since you will be switching gear around a lot if you follow my guide by the word.

Dexterity: Enough for 75% Block with Holy Shield

Vitality: All spare points go here

Energy: None, you get massive mana boosts anyway from items.

Skills Distribution
    20 into Resist Fire--Not only does this synergize your Holy Fire damage but it also passively increases your maximum fire resistance (give 1% to maximum for every two point invested, meaning you have a natural 85% maximum fire resistance if you max this skill)

20 into Resist Lightning--Same deal as above but with lightning.

20 into Salvation--This synergizes your aura damage further.

X into Conviction—This is your active aura when dueling. I suggest you do not max this. Conviction is capped at a maximum of -150% to all resistances to your enemies. This cap is at a Skill Level of 25, further points above 25 will only increase the radius of the aura and the negative defence (which we don’t really need). Hence, you should tally up your skill items, such as charms and whatnot, and ensure you have enough points in this to have a level 25 Conviction at all time no matter using what gear setup (see section below for gear setups). Remember that Battle Command from ‘Call to Arms’ also counts as +1 all skills.

X Charge--This will be your secondary source of damage, try and max it if you can (will depend on your poins into Conviction).

Pump the rest into Holy Shield or Might, depending if you want more defense or more damage with Charge.
  4. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Gear Setups and PvP Strategy

Against Lightning (Trappers, Javelin Amazons, and Sorceresses)
    -‘Dragon’ Archon Plate
    -‘Dream’ Bone Visage
    -‘Dream’ Kurast Shield
    -Lightsabre Phaseblade
    -Wisp Projector
    -Wisp Projector (Use a Raven Frost Ring here if the Sorceress has cold as a secondary element)
    -Thundergod’s Vigor War Belt
    -Carrion Grasp Heavy Gloves
    -Tearhaunch Greaves
    -Metalgrid Amulet

Probably your easiest duels, you can usually charge around for a bit and they will eventually drop and die. However, this setup allows you to fool around. I found that I can walk into fields of lightning sentrys and dance in Lightning bolts and actually heal from my previous encounter.

Just a few special notes on some cases: Energy Shield sorceresses are very tough and you may have a hard time killing them with just pulses. Charge at them directly and they will go down pretty fast (usually). Also realize that one a Javelin Amazon has namelocked you and hit you, they will probably use the ‘Far Cast’ bug and hit your with Charged Strike. You will probably die very quickly then. Hence, do not charge at Javelin Amazons but rather charge around them. Change directions often, run in random patterns, and use the fact that you may look like you’re teleporting (on their end) to your advantage. Try and desynch, just keep charging.

Against Fire (Trappers and Sorceresses)
    -‘Dragon’ Archon Plate
    -‘Dream’ Bone Visage
    -‘Dream’ Kurast Shield
    -‘Hand of Justice’ Berserker Axe
    -Dwarf Star Ring
    -Dwarf Star Ring (Use a Raven Frost Ring here if the Sorceress has cold as a secondary element)
    -Hellmouth War Gauntlets
    -Infernostride Demonhide Boots
    -The Rising Sun Amulet

Another easy duel: apply the same strategy as above for Sorceresse and Trappers.

Against Cold (Sorceresses)
    -‘Dragon’ Archon Plate
    -‘Dream’ Bone Visage
    -‘Dream’ Kurast Shield
    -Raven Frost Ring
    -Raven Frost Ring
    -Snowclash Battle Belt
    -Tearhaunch Greaves
    -Metalgrid Amulet

This can be either too hard or too easy. If the Sorceress is using Frozen orb, you will have no problem annihilating them with just pulses or a few hits with charge. If they are using Blizzard, however, watch where you charge. I have had moments where I charged through three fields of Blizzards and died instantly. You cannot absorb or resist 16K of cold damage. Once again, if they are an ES variant, charge them. For Blizzard Sorcs, I usually name lock them and just charge until I hit them. They will usually be too scared to stop teleporting and cast a blizzard on themselves for protection. Also remember that while you’re chasing them, your aura pulses are still damaging them. Hence, if you play it wisely and dodge their blizzard fields, you should really win most of the time.

Against Bow Amazons
    -‘Dragon’ Archon Plate
    -‘Dream’ Bone Visage
    -‘Dream’ Kurast Shield
    -Wisp Projector Ring
    -Raven Frost Ring
    -Tearhaunch Greaves
    -Metalgrid Amulet

I find this one to be really hard for me. You can out-charge arrows, I have done it over and over again. However, the moment you stop charging, chances are you’re going to eat 30 arrows at once, which will ensure your dead along with the lovely message in red lettering on your screen.

I find that there are two man strategies here.

If the amazon is standing way out of town, then try to get to them and circle them with charge. You will be chased by a ton of arrows but do not stop charging. You may have to charge away in one direction and then back to make sure the arrows don’t “cut†in your charge circle and hit you. If you charge around long enough, the amazon will likely die from aura pulses.

If the amazon is standing near town or standing somewhere near a corner or any area where you cannot walk into, it is best to charge directly at them. Make sure you are walking when you duel amazons as you will be more likely to block arrows in between your charges if you stop.

In all cases, most amazons cannot take more than two to three hits of your massive elemental charge (I deal 9K to 10K with charge). Just be aware of their fast arrows, they do hurt.

Against Others (Druids, Non-Elemental Paladins, Melee Barbarians)
    -‘Fortitude’ Archon Plate
    -‘Dream’ Bone Visage
    -‘Dream’ Kurast Shield
    -‘Grief’ Beserker Axe
    -Raven Frost Ring
    -Raven Frost Ring
    -Tearhaunch Greaves
    -Metalgrid

This is probably your hardest fight. Your aura pulses are a joke for Druids with Cyclone Armour. Paladins have massive resistances and probably think you’re a joke too. Barbarians have so much life that you’re just tickling them. These classes have high defense ratings and your rather low AR does not help you hit often. For this duel, you must make every hit count. Hence, I recommend using ‘Grief’ and ‘Fortitude’ and forgoing the Holy Fire aura. I have tried this slight tweaking and I have been somewhat successful. All I have to say here is do not expect to win too many duels against strong opponents.

ELEMENTAL DAMAGE NOTE:
    In raffster’s thread, many people argued that the Auradin was useless if the opponents stacked resistances. I find this to be true, but I still do not think you can stack Fire and Lightning resistances without sacrificing a lot of damage on your own part and physical damage reduction.

Hence, I have made this the Charge Variant Auradin, which deals a considerable amount of physical damage while it still uses its auras. The ‘Grief’ and ‘Fortitude’ combination is really for extreme cases versus melee opponents where you have no choice but to try your best to dish out the physical.

After reading raffster’s thread, I was quite discouraged and almost gave up on this build. However, I decided to go through with it and found my suspicions to be true. In fact, to completely negate the elemental damage of an auradin, you really need to be carrying specific items. I doubt that there’s people out there with gear just out to get auradins. And it seems to me this has been true so far. I truly believe this is an excellent build.
  5. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Conclusion
    Well, that is it for now. I know this might be lacking. I am quite tired at the moment. This is the first draft of my first guide and I hope you can all give me feedback. Ask questions, send me PM’s, or whatever. I could use any information, help, suggestions. I will finalize this guide in the coming week or so. I have much more to add on the PvP Strategies once I get the time (busy right now). I’d like it if you guys gave you inputs on it if you have an Auradin or just have some opinions. I will likely include them in my guide.

I know this is a long-winded guide, it’s not the clean cut “max this” and “use that” guide. I was hoping to provide a complete understanding of this wonderful build that is still uncommon. Yes, “auradins are cheap”. “Auradins are the cheese.” “Auradin’s are lame.”

If you ask me, I don’t mind being lame as long as I’m winning.

-masterazn

(Excuse me for the multiple posts. Putting so much text in one made my browser time out).
  6. HeavAngel

HeavAngel Paladin Moderator

WOWZA!
    There's a lot of time and work you're invested here.

Thank you for honoring the Pally Forum with you're Guide.

I look forward to the final part of your Guide.
    :thumbsup:
  7. meeker

meeker IncGamers Member

My Auradin:

Dream BV
    Dream Sacred Targe (highest %chance to block)
    Dragon Dusk (Suggest this over Archon for str req)
    HoJ Zerker
    Bloodfists
    Dungos
    Waterwalks
    Raven x 2
    Maras
    Resist charms with life (as much cold as you can)

this gives 90%fire resist, 90% light resist, 80% cold absorb. Also reaches 86%fhr even with lower rolled dream fhr. Basicly you wont need to change gear...
  8. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Hrm, that's interesting meeker. I will definitely try it out when I get a bit more time.

Just a question, your gear doesn't seem to deal with lightning absorb, which I think it one of the most important absorption gears for survival in public duelling games. You can't tank 40K damage lightning and FoH is just plain irritating. Frozen orb on the other than deals around 1.5K maximum damage. With 95% resistances and PvP penalty, that becomes practically nothing. Slap on some absorb (Snow clash and maybe one raven) and you're pretty much set. Of course, as I stated in the guide, Blizzard Sorceresses are a different story.

But I do see how your setup deals much better with melee opponents. Are you able to kill barbarians? What about smiters? And how do you deal with hammerdins?

-masterazn
  9. DonKeydic

DonKeydic IncGamers Member

Hello

Thanks for the detailed guide Master; looks like an amusing build for pvp. I have a few questions for you though. First of all do you think the higher str equipment pays off compared to the vit sacrificed? By this I mean would the build be less effective if you used dusk shroud instead of archon, a sacred targe instead of kurast, and maybe a caduceus with skills instead of the zerker? It seems like most of the advantage these items give you is in the melee duels, which you switch equip for anyway, and would allow quite a few more points for vit. Is the extra dmg and range of the zerker really needed to be effective? Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks.
  10. masterazn

masterazn Banned

hey Donkey (I remember trading with you!)

You bring up a good point. I made a mistake on my guide and I'm actually using a Dusk Shroud 'Dragon'. I think the armour doesn't matter at all, since your defense is mighty low anyway. It's up to you completely. As for the Berserker Axe "Hand of Justice", I made it in that because it's the only weapon people will buy later if I ever trade it. Everyone seems to be stuck up on the Berseker Axe. I do see how you could use a Caduceus for skills, I should have considered that as well.

Overall, I doubt the type of item is really that important. Your pulses usually kill low-life opponents and your charge is based on your weapon, which again matters little because most of the damage is elemental.

Thanks for replying!

-masterazn
  11. theHATERSclub

theHATERSclub IncGamers Member

I use either a Dreamadin or Torchadin, I have not considered combining the two. My Dreamadin's gear for pvp:

'Dream' Bone Visage
    'Dream' Kurast Shield
    'Duress' Archon
    'Doom' Zerker
    Drac's
    Gore Rider
    T-Gods or String
    2 ravenfrost, 2 dwarfstar, or 2 wisp
    Highlords or Rising Sun
    Pally toch, anni, poison, res, life, +elemental dmg charms

This set up gives me 87%fhr, 93% ow (a huge helper), 68% ds, and 30% cb.
    He's lvl 90 and has max res in hell, 1500 life before bo, 15k def, 75% max block (wearing 1 ravefrost).
    He does really well in pubs til 3-4 people party and proceed to rape me. I do have a hard time with bone necros; bone prison usually spells the end for me. Any suggestions on those?
    I did my skills a lil different: 20 lit res, 20 salvation, 20 conviction, 20 holy shield, rest into zeal. I usually charge around and then through someone, switch to zeal and proceed with the beatings. Is more points in charge that much more beneficial than zeal? You said yourself that your CVA will not be doing much physical dmg so charge = 1 hit, zeal = 5; the more swings the better I think to maximize your bonus to elemental melee dmg.
  12. ForsakenEmpire

ForsakenEmpire IncGamers Member

I just built an auradin after seeing this build and i have a problem... my ar isnt good enough to hit most people... this is what i use

Dream Helm,
    Dream shield,
    Hoj zerker
    Dragon dusk
    Angelics
    Treks
    Dracul
    T-Gods

my resis suck but i am getting 6 15 resis charms today so ill be maxed... thats not my problem as stated above...

i am 74 and havent done hell skill quests but my skills r as follows...
    maxed resist fire
    maxed resist light
    10 salv
    maxed convic (i dont have many + skill items just torch and anni) so i hit 25 with my BC...
    10 in charge

i am planning on stopping at lvl 85... so i have about 15 more skill points to use...

my dex is 150 for block rate...
    i have nothing in str because of str charms...
    and i have like 300+ in vit.. something along those lines...

my ar with charge is only 7.8k give or take 1k...

can i get some advice about skill points and how to get the ar i need to actually hit people? thanks
  13. masterazn

masterazn Banned

I don't seem to be having problems hitting opponents.

I recommend using metalgrid as your amulet along with 2 raven frost (20 dex, high AR).

Also, replace you HoJ with a beast zerker. If you need to charge and hit, i'm assuming your aura pulses are useless. Hence, use a beast and you should have enough AR to hit most people. If you're trying to hit barbs or paladins, you might as well give up and make another build.
  14. ForsakenEmpire

now how is it my aura pulses are useless if i am using exactly what ur guide says too for dmg... i maxed the resist frie and resit light... i have maxed convic... and i am working on salvation?

and how would 2 raven frost + metalgrid be better than angelics?

(if i come out sounding rude i dont mean to and im sorry, i appreciate the help)

15. masterazn

masterazn Banned

I guess you could go with one raven frost and one angelic set. However, I don't know what's giving you so much trouble hitting things. If you're trying to hit barbs or paladins, as I said, give up. I've tried getting as much AR as possible sacrificing a ton of gear, it's still hard to hit them. Casters should not be giving you any trouble, on the other hand.

What I meant by aura pulses being useless was that if you needed to hit something, then that would be because your pulses didn't quite cut it. For me, I can usually just kill assassins, sorceresses, necromancers, amazons with the pulses.

The only exception above is an ES sorc, which you can easily make mince-meat out of if you charge her.

Hope this clears it up. If not, keep asking and thank you for looking at my guide!

-masterazn
  16. ForsakenEmpire

it cleared most things up... any idea why i cant kill anything will my pulses lol? only people that had crapy resis to begin with? i am thinking it might have to do with my salvation being only lvl 10... ill try to beef that up...

17. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Yeah max salvation, it'll help a bit. What level is your conviction? Are they stacking/sorbing?
  18. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

Doesn't conviction lowers enemy defense to 0? If that's the case why would you need attack rating?
  19. masterazn

masterazn Banned

If that were true, Conviction would be the number one Aura for all characters and builds. Conviction reduces some defense but not all.
  20. ForsakenEmpire

convic is lvl 24