Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Marrowwalk charges are useless now. Fate of the bone necro?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by RetroStar, Aug 1, 2005. | Replies: 25 | Views: 1966

1. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Marrowwalk charges are useless now. Fate of the bone necro?

Good I saved up some stats for my bone nec :) I can probably stuck the rest into bone prison now :/
  2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Actually the way I read the Path Notes:

It means that when a character other than a Necro equips Marrowwalk and say Bonehew, the Bone Spear on Bonehew will not be synergised.
  3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Have you tested this? I havn't been able to get on so I couldn't see if my bonenecro has suffered.
  4. Mad Mantis

If I tested it I would yell it from the roof tops. I can’t test it since I don’t have Marrowwalks. I didn’t like the buggy boots.
  5. compubuy

compubuy IncGamers Member

No, I think it means that marrowalks were officially judged as being bugged, along with other such items. But you could be right Mantis.

What is true now, however, is that the "feature" vs "bugged" debate will officially end when we can log on in hour or so.

Fate of bone necro is fine if indeed marrowalks are bugged; boots only added about 15%. The leftover skill points were really not that important imo.
  6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

It appears that they don't consider them unbalancing if they weren't going to fix it. In that case I think it's dumb that they "fixed it" for other characters. Those Strafing Brand bow zons looked really promising. I wish Bliz would stop eliminating build potential for no good reason.

Hmm.. can somebody test this? I just saw a Bnetter claim that he tried it and that his marrows no longer gave the synergies on his necro.
  7. Beneathnoise

Beneathnoise IncGamers Member

OT, Pherd, contact me, i wanna set up a leveling crew for east ladder. when it DOES reset.

others can as well.

Aim=beneaththenoise
    msn= i_judas@hotmail.com

If you don't have either, send me a PM on the boards.
  8. Tenken

Tenken IncGamers Member

marrowwalk bug fixed

Just thought you guys might want to know. It's official the bug has been fixed. I just checked right now.
  9. Mad Mantis

Sure, screw over about half a dozen unique Necro builds, but don’t do anything about those Hammerdins.

Oh, I don’t know if you have any skill points left, but could you do another little test? Could you place 1 point in BP and then see if the bug works?
  10. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

what does 1.11 change in necro builds? Can anyone tell me how it all works (marrowalk bug, fixed bug, necro before 1.11, after 1.11...)?
  11. MauJ

MauJ IncGamers Member

Marrow's no longer work. I have officially checked it on my necro, and his dmg is down to 3800...1600 less than I normally do.

Goodbye Marrows.
  12. Mad Mantis

We have a thread on the Marrowwalk bug in The Mouldy Tome: Necromancer Guides, Tips and Tests. Right now it looks like that bug is no longer available. That means that certain builds will disappear or be very underpowered.
  13. Pherdnut

I hear in patch 1.12 they're just going to drop all classes and skills except for the ones necessary to make a Hammerdin. :D

Shouldn't patches actually create more build possibilities by balancing skills better? Fixing the charged synergy bug doesn't bother me but the fact that we have more stuff and fewer possibilities does.

On the plus side, we should be seeing a heck of a lot more bone prison spamming. :lol:
  14. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

well, the Boner shouldn't be finished yet. It will take 20 Points into Prison to get the damage back up near to where it was. But all the High level Boners are now screwed.

Probably still a viable Cow trunner with the Confuse CE strategy.
    might try to Hybrid the Boner with a Poison Buid using a Venom Fanged Knife to switch off to PN. Might make up the Dam Difference.

Time will tell.
  15. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

I made up my bonemancer without using the marrow bug, basically you accept lower damage for better crowd control thanks to a 1 mana bone prison and curse investment. At least now the boots can be safely stowed in an ATMA grail for everyone to see.
  16. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

Their won't be as much bone necros anymore. Bone necros are just 1-2 frame slower fire sorcs now with a weak spread attakc and a slow move that can potentially become invisible. Your bone armor is weaker now so you're move vulernable to barbs, wind druids, bowazons, and ghost ww sins. You can pump into dex for more blokc which will help vs 3 of those 4 classes that are more of a threat to you. If you have enough 75% blokc though you'll be weaker vs casters.
  17. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

ahhhhhhh back to being necromancers, lets trim off the fat, all the lazy people git!
  18. Pherdnut

I don't think losing 13 synergies is going to make pure bonemancers completely worthless. They still have a stong irresistable magic attack with mad potential for +skillage.
  19. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that we have Merman boots now which can absorb necs.
  20. Taishaku

Taishaku IncGamers Member

*Continues to watch my BS bounce off people*

Yea... Boner is dead. My build needs to be lvl 101 to max Bone Prison. -_-