Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

market jump? did i miss something

Discussion in 'US West Standard - Ladder' started by Shauku, Jun 16, 2011. | Replies: 11 | Views: 465

1. Shauku

Shauku IncGamers Member

market jump? did i miss something

ok i just really need this explained because i think i might of missed something. i was on bnet just now, trying to buy soj's slightly under value as i'm working on a small project for this fourm, and a guy poped in offering to sell me 2soj's for a hr. when i asked him how many ist's it was 7 ist per soj. so i calculated that out and it came out to 14 ist's for 2 soj. when i mentioned that ber's are 10 ist each, he then told me that ber went up to 12 ist, and offered to sell me soj's at 6 ist each.

did the market really go up that quick, or is this guy just trying to play me? i mean i didn't do the trade because i'd be out of runes with little to show for my project

if the market did go up then i'd really need to adjust my point scale to fit that of bnet.

let me know something please. and i'm sorry for posting this here, i almost never get anything back from the trade value section.
  2. MakeLoveNotDupe

MakeLoveNotDupe IncGamers Member

Re: market jump? did i miss something

This forum is very cheap compare to BNet *Public* & other forums (Not all)
    Most people I trade with used Spark's price (Not too sure who came up with it)
    Shako 141 here is Pul... On BNet price is least 1HR or more (I've seen 3HR)
    N/L = Least 3HR in Pub.
    CTA 6BO here is 4HR-6HR... On BNet is least 6HR or more (I've seen 10HR)
    N/L = 10-15HR in Pub. if lucky!
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  3. Shauku

Shauku IncGamers Member

hmm this i somewhat knew its just a shock to me that there is that much of a difference.
  4. mueb

mueb IncGamers Member

i'm not selling on bnet as I usually do not have time, but i doubt the prices are that high. there is also a confusion on the whole hr topic

on the other well known forum the prices are not high either, i mean you can buy 141 shako 1/2 hr easily and i have not seen pul for141 shako here - i would buy a couple :)
    same for 6bo - i would sell my 6/6 for 10 ber any day :)

10ist for ber is on the cheaper side
  5. Spectear

Spectear IncGamers Member

I actually buy SoJ's at 4-5 Ist. I believe market value is closer to 10 Ist for a HR and I do think that 2 SoJ for a HR is fine although still a tad on the higher side and I generally wait for cheaper ones.

In no one's eyes aside from crazy players on Bnet is HR = 12 Ist. The reason I would gather is because players would much rather have a HR rather than 10 Ist as moving 10 Ist takes much much longer. He basically highballed you because you were trying to pay with Ists. I might setup a shop here in a bit if you guys are looking for basic stuff still. I've been lazy about putting a thread up here but I need some currency to have prizes for a DII.net TPK tournament.
  6. MakeLoveNotDupe

MakeLoveNotDupe IncGamers Member

Eeek~
    From here I bought 3 x 141Shako for PUL each 3 x 140 too :whistling:

I skipped last Ladder ...but 2 Ladders ago
    Ber/Jah went 10IST in Pub. *Toward reset!*
  7. Volren

Volren IncGamers Member

Yeah it sounds like this guy was trying to rip you off..there's a lot of fluctuation between individual traders obviously but the 10-11 Ist per Ber/Jah does serve as a pretty good baseline in my experience.
  8. Shauku

Shauku IncGamers Member

see and i'm looking to buy mass soj's, like 15 + at a discount to possibly get a anni hunt going for the people on here to get in on. i have the gear i need for the most part, just need to roll higher stats on some rune words.

i haven't found any takers on a ber/jah for 10-11 ists on bnet. i think i might be getting on at the wrong times but that is currently my main supply of making money as my trading thread on here never took off in any way

9. Spectear

Spectear IncGamers Member

Do you have any currency on NL? Correct me if I'm wrong but last I checked most players walked on NL to get Ladder to roll.
  10. Shauku

Shauku IncGamers Member

i have no nl characters. if that's the case then i might forgo doing this until next ladder when i let a few characters roll into nl
  11. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

People will always try to rip you off in public games. It could be the "here is your item now" factor. There isn't all too much "lowballing/ripping off" on these forums, other than the start of auctions :)
  12. GlassBottle

GlassBottle Banned

FYI Ber/Jah/Lo/Zod are the same now.

Soj is about a Vex

Ber is still about 10ists.