Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Maphack back??

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by I-bring-realm-down, Aug 4, 2005. | Replies: 90 | Views: 5967

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-bring-realm-down

I-bring-realm-down Banned

Maphack back??

My friend was telling me while he was playing last night in a game, two people were talking, then started to list my friends damage. He was not dueling or anything, but said they just started to say, "oh he does xxxx-xxxx dmg" and that it was EXACT. So is map hack back or is there something else going on?
  2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Yes

hackers wasted no time ruining 1.11
  3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

wait, 1.11 was supposed to get rid of maphacks?
  4. I-bring-realm-down

That was fast :( Although I will not be playing till the new ladder comes out (girlfriend is here for a month) I am hoping all this hack/dupe stuff will be gone by the time I start up the new ladder when it comes out.
  5. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

D2 Hacks have always been around, they will always be around. And yet, the legit community endures 5 years after this game was released. Hacks only 'ruin' the game for you if you let them. Play with people you know, play by yourself, the Bnet community at large has always been, and always will be, a cesspool.
  6. rolling stoned

rolling stoned IncGamers Member

there can't be a new maphack out yet. mousepad's maphack is the source code for all other maphacks, be it c3po or what ever. they all get their source code from mouse's, and his won't be out untill next week or so. you should have a week of maphack free play. also maphack wouldn't show you actual dmg, just the weapons dmg that you have on atm.
  7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I guess a few things have been changed with the bnet transfer protocol, so MH, pickit etc. will just need a small update to make them work again.
  8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The hacks always comming back are another reason why I left the game.

WoW - worth the $$. ... well at this point it is, we'll have to see what happens 5 years from now.
  9. MauJ

MauJ IncGamers Member

Maphacks will never be gone from diablo 2. Maphacks go down everytime a patch is installed. A v1.10 maphack can't work in v1.11 so they must repatch it, and as I'm guessing there aren't too many changes in 1.11 only a few changes would need to be made to the MH. I expect them back very very soon if not already.

Such is life :( I enjoyed my 2 days of hack-free play, anyone else?
  10. MickRaider

MickRaider Banned

The only way they could truly get rid of maphack is to make the map file server side, which won't be the case.
  11. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

aragorn, my neighbor downstairs has a little hack for WoW that shows him where all his little target herbs or whatever he is looking for are. so just just follows his map and picks them up.
  12. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I think you are talking about the Gatherer UI mod, located here : http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=277

It tracks all herbs/ore nodes and treasure you find, once you click on the node, it always appears on your map

WoW has several UI's or User Interface mods that are allowed.

More info here : http://ui.worldofwar.net/

I'm also using a few different UI mods myself, including Gatherer, Titan panel and CT_Core mod.
  13. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

yeah i dont claim to know much of anything about WoW, i just kinda gave that a raised eyebrow look when i saw it :)

heh, im afraid to play WoW. the last thing my love life needs, is a game that is 1000% better and funner than diablo 2!! :lol:
  14. Gorny

Gorny Banned

A good sized crowd of us from the OTF here and a few other DII mods including myself have moved to WoW and are causing some havok :teeth:
  15. I-bring-realm-down

My friend wants me to play WoW, however I have built up a few characters on EQ2 and do not wanna switch now :D
  16. brassguy

brassguy IncGamers Member

I do NOT advocate MH but:

MH is NOT back.

Anyone who claims that it is is lying.

It is a hack - but not for maps. It drops your items while making your character spazz.
  17. Volvagia

Volvagia IncGamers Member

Thats been around for ages.

<Irritating Spammer> "GO TO XXX WEBSITE FOR THE NEW MAPHACK NOW!!"
    <Ignorant 12 yr old> "OMG OMG OMG KK!!!"

Ignorant 12 year old proceeds to drop all of his items while running around in circles.

Nothing new.
  18. DumpALump

DumpALump IncGamers Member

People who are saying MH is not back yet, are you talking about the public release? Really any coder can take up the source code and change it so the MH works again. Just because the public release isn't out, doesn't mean there isn't a working MH.
  19. Mim

Mim IncGamers Member

true that. public release isnt out yet, but someone could easily have fun with source and make it work. and keep it for itself
  20. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Agreed. That is THE only way to truly get rid of maphacks. Afterall, if you REALLY wish to hack it, you just have to write your own source, and Blizzard cannot detect it, since it will not fall under the standard scans even if Blizzard decides to scan your memory. Heck, someone can even mod the OS or write an OS emulator so that you don't need to write to D2's memory. (ie. virtually impossible to detect, since you have a virtual machine) Since software like Wine (windows emulator) for Linux already exist, I say that even this can be done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.