Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Male Wizard 3D fanart

Discussion in 'Fan Creations: Art, Music, Wallpapers, Fiction' started by FuriousMing, Oct 1, 2013. | Replies: 2 | Views: 849

1. FuriousMing

FuriousMing IncGamers Member

This is a fanart I did based on the male wizard concept art by Wei Wang (Whose art I am a big fan of).
    When Blizzard first announced the concept for the wizard I fell in love with its design immediately. Despite the initial controversy surrounding its design, I found that the snobby expression, the whole far-eastern influence, the mixture of ornate metal armor and fine robe really sold the upper echelon spell caster image to me. I went about to re-create the character in 3D, please let me know what you guys think!

There are a couple more images that can be found on my website at www.cobolyu.com
    You can also check out the Diablo fanart I did earlier at the gallery section too. Thanks!

Model and Rigging: Maya
    Sculpt and texturing: Zbrush
    Render: Mental Ray
    Composite and touch up: Nuke/Photoshop
  2. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

All i have to say on this piece is that attention to detail on the armor. That HAD to take some time. Major props and I like the end results. I hope to see more Zbrush works in the future.

HK
  3. Asteria

Asteria IncGamers Site Pal

That's incredible. I love his face too.