Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Making a BM Town Bear... help?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by MrOzio, Apr 4, 2008. | Replies: 19 | Views: 2868

1. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

Making a BM Town Bear... help?

I know most people hate these things, but I love to mess with people who NK and its seems like this would be a hillarious way to take down those melee people.

I know I'll need a source of Thorns Aura so should I go with a merc that uses an Edge bow or should I risk it and build Bramble (lvl 15-21 Thorns).

What're the differences that I'm looking at between the two? Which would be better for a BM Bear set up?

I also plan on making my little druid a Vita/DR tank so he can just sit there and let thorns do his work... So what other gear do I need?

(If there is a good guide out there I'd appreciate a link as I have 4 different projects going on right now in the character department and it's easier to just Fav a guide than constantly checking updates in the forums)

Thanks!
  2. CursedYew

CursedYew IncGamers Member

Re: Making a BM Town Bear... help?

Since 50% DR is the cap and even with over 6k health you still get 1 hit ko'ed by a hammerdin (a good one)...
  3. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

4. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

Thats what I have my little bear for --- just cast him infront of the pally.

I'm fairly certain that nothing can tank more than 2-3 hammers from a good (haha?) hammerdin either way.

Thanks BAMF, thats perfect!

----Edit----
    Well, it was perfect for stat distribution but it lacks the Bad Manners portion that I want from a source of Thorns aura. So still up for suggestions here.

Also, could I stack thorns aura from Edge AND Bramble? (15 + 15-21) How much damage would that reflect? If its worth it that might be awesome to just let things smack my bear around and die horribly.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  5. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

Question: why are you concerned about tanking hammers? Isn't the whole idea of a town lamer summon druid to stay in town so you can't die? If you're really wanting to grab gold or something, just find a rare ring with telekinesis charges. :rolleyes:
  6. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

Where did all this business start about me wanting to tank hammerdins? I dont. I want werebear to tank in PvM.

For real dueling I'll get a real character! (of which I have plenty) =P

7. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

equip bramble and and 'edge' bow on yourself, since auras from items stach (like dual dream builds) for a nice level of thorns, I'm not sure if the spirit of barbs stacks with thorns aura, but I still think oak will be better for the added life.

Also, you might find this amusing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDJQb3h8Xc

About tankyness, just slap on SS and dungos for max %dr (or at least close to if you have a lower dungo), high resists, and all the pdr/mdr gear you can find, nice life from wereform and oak helps of course, for nice pdr/mdr guidelines, look up the paladin abbot guide, just think druid instead.

Hope any of this helped :tongue:

I am currently building a summoner in single player, and a piece of adive for pvm is to utulise shockwave rather than making yourself a tank. That way neither you or your summons/merc will need to tank much, even a low level shockwave is awsome sicne you can spam it, unless you want to hit stuff yourself I don't see a problem spamming shockwave with decent caster geat :smiley:
    Ofc, there might be a reason you wanna tank, it's not like your grizzly couldnt do it for you in the first place :grin:

EDIT: if I didnt make myself clear I suggest you being the thorn source yourself, since a merc (I'd use a act 2 nm combat with bramble instead of a act 1 with edge/bramble, sicne you can boost his 'natural' thorns with +skills). Keep in mind that a merc might feel like wandering out of town and try to tank someone(we all know how intelligent mercs are), and die... There goes your thorns.
  8. BAMFSpecialOps

Or have a doomz for the holyfreeze aura to slow people down even more ; )
  9. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

The Abbot guide is a source of wisdom, I have it printed out to refer to incase I get bored...

The only reason I want to go werebear in the first place is so I dont punish my poor Grizzly 100% of the time. I figure with SS + Dungos and the insane life from Lycanthrope would be more than enough to just sit there and let things wail on me.

10. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

shockwave > this whole build.
  11. BAMFSpecialOps

How well does shockwave work in pvp?
  12. superjayson

not as useful as in pvm, but it has its uses. i just love running into people who think this build is good. one shockwave and their bear and the rest of the build is useless.
  13. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

mb > this whole build
    Tgers > this build
    Caster > build
    3 meter away > build
  14. superjayson

everything but naked chars > this build. and even then i could probably argue that a naked char > this build.
  15. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

Ok, well some people are obviously missing the point here. I just want something that when melee attackers smack the bear, they die. Thats pretty simple, right? PvM I can handle myself. I was just asking about gear for him. I dont plan on running around to get killed.

Thanks though.
  16. BAMFSpecialOps

Well you will want to pump your bears level up as high as you can for more life/dmg.
  17. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

As many +skills as you can for Prebuff then Edge/Bramble? Seems like a pretty straight forward build if you ask me.
  18. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

zzzzz.... just read my guide. read my guide. It's in the stickies, you'll have everything you need to know, and you can bea force whether you leave town or not... your choice/. Shock-Summoner, funnest build ever do ::stamps approval sticker on::
  19. PacoQuerak

PacoQuerak IncGamers Member

I like what me and my friend do. Two summoners, two setups.

I use edge and bramble for level 36 chambers of the shaolin Thorns aura with 2 bks, marrowalks, +3 summon +100 life ammy, jalals unfortunatly (want a pelt with +6 to bear and +5 or so to oak sage) arachnids and mage fists. Spirit+hoto on switch. My merc has a etherial last wish collosus blade as well as ebug fort and eth arreats. My friend (were both named emil and met randomly wierdsss) wears beast with spirit and beastz as well as shako, 2 sojs, mage fist, enigma, marrowalks, +3 druid summon or something amulet etc... His merc has epride with blessed aim.
    two bears chow down on the duel.
    as for skills of course max all the forest friends, but i max oak and he maxes how. We both put one point each in werbear and shockwave and then max lycanthropy.
    Now when we get **** talked a lot i go to stash and put bramble which is etherial on my act 5 merc and put on storm shield with max block, teleslam someone with bear, move down slightly and shift into bear at virtualy same time and instantly name lock shockwave the crap out of them lol 99 fcr would be nice i just through this together and only telestomped for the hell of it. I wouldn't think you would want the next breakpoint cuz your power is in your plus skills.

Sometimes we would camp outside teleslamming naked people, if they were also bmers lol... We also allways respectfully say gd if we get killed or if our bears kill you LOL
  20. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

Good stuff here, thank you for the input!