Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Magic Find vs Extra Experience Per kill?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Gnome, Apr 26, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 1109

1. Gnome

Gnome IncGamers Member

Magic Find vs Extra Experience Per kill?

I’ve been playing the beta and given the temporary nature of the beta the only item suffixes I really cared about were MF and Extra Experience per kill. MF for obvious reasons and Extra experience for levelling faster to unlock the cool skills.

Being a noob I need some guidance for when the game comes out.

Should I go for MF or Extra Experience?

Is extra experience per kill any good? On some characters I managed to get this quite high i.e. 10+

My thinking re Extra Experience is that if I level up faster when I do find magic items they will be of a higher level / quality to match my inflated char level.

Does the magic item formula take into account your char level? Or does it just match the monster level / map level ?

Is anyone going to go for extra experience items? Shouldn’t this make the game easier by levelling up faster?
  2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

Re: Magic Find vs Extra Experience Per kill?

i wanna start by saying that gold find is the best suffix in the beta. if you wanted to fully equip your char getting gold was the fastest way to do it

in full version its my opinion that bonus xp will be worthless. i see it as a dead stat. bliz has laid out the leveling path for us already and i see no reason to try and go faster than it. in the full version i plan to mix in some mf to my other stats but nothing too serious
  3. Gamekk

Gamekk IncGamers Member

Having experienced both builds (many times), i can tell that its simply a question of priority.
    If you need +exp, having an (almost) complete +exp gear with mostly magical items in the beta made me reach level 13 at about 75-80% of the time i used to get to level 13 without any +exp gear.
    You can keep your leveling gear to bring your next characters to 60 in a somewhat optimized way

Other then that, I'd suggest having both MF and GF gear if you want to go "gathering ressources". When you don't need to specially level fast, you can choose MF and GF, to find, craft and buy gear. Item finding can be done when you can't get pass a certain point in the game, or when you're level 60.
  4. Gnome

Gnome IncGamers Member

good feedback thanks. I guess I wasn't considering the value of GF because the Blacksmith / crafting level ups were capped in the beta and I normally found better items in the wild than I did by crafting them, i.e. there was nothing to spend gold on so didnt opt for GF.

@ Apoc : How is it that Blizard has laid out the levelling path - i understand this in the context of the 3 game difficulty levels, normal, hell, inferno etc but not within a diff level. Blizzard cant stop us from levelling up faster?
  5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

no they cant stop you from leveling faster but if you are intended to be at X level at Y point in the game anything over that is pointless imo. just a personal opinion really, i think out leveling the content is not that much fun
  6. Gnome

Gnome IncGamers Member

yeah guess you're right, having it too easy would make it boring like the beta.

Can someone answer this - Does the magic item formula take into account your char level? Or does it just match the monster level / map level ?
  7. JohnnyC

JohnnyC IncGamers Member

If it works anything like D2 (which it probably does, but don't quote me on this I haven't been in the D3 formula talks...) then no, item find if pretty much based on the monster / area lvl.