Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LVL 25 dtalon Kicker, yes another

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by RedWall, Aug 30, 2004. | Replies: 19 | Views: 626

1. RedWall

RedWall IncGamers Member

LVL 25 dtalon Kicker, yes another

This is my build thus far, still collecting a few items, she is at the right level, and has all her skill points saved up, along with most of her stat points

base str
    base dex
    60 vit
    base nrg

3x pammy crown
    4x pammy armor 3xx def
    strength kris
    war boots with 20 run walk
    sigon shield w/ eld socket
    rare belt with life/mana
    rare amulet with life
    AR rings, magical
    weapon switch of plus 1 skills 2x claws
    some cold charms

My questions are
    -gloves that i should use?
    -any items i should drop/change
    -how much bos do i need with plus 2 to skills to reach best attack rate
    -how much str should i use, i was thinking of going 60 vit and, dex for block, then mass strength.
    -should i get a different shield?
    -what is the best area to find angelics pieces....

Just 2 things, please for gods sake dont post a link to the repost of pking library, i have looked there, and have used that basic idea, i need more specific answers. And another, Stinger keep out, you dont like pk, so leave this post flamefree
  2. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  3. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

First, I will post any damn place I please and posting bull like this will only make it a 100% chance i will post!

Second, Angelics ammy and rings and yes (2) rings
    Death Sash for CBF
    Sigs shield stinks in block speed, a BSoD should be much better, ELD it if ya like since Maxs dont do you any good. Should be able to shop BSoD in Act 2 at lvl 12+ or so in about 5-30 mins.

Not sure the cold charms are too usefull, maybe one or two, but Strenght and dex sharms as well as lifers will.

not sure, but i dont think mana should be an issue at this lvl, DT is a pretty low mana cost.....unless your mana items are jsut secondary mods to primarys that are needed.

Sure, i dont like PK, it isnt what I liek to see ppl do, but i can handle a legit PK, i have a bit different outlook on the legit PK than i use to, especially wiht the timer (that can be beat). Now if you are an illegit PK in any way than you are lame and sure you can take that personally as i dont care, but if you are legit......go for it, have fun, 10 seconds should be more than enuff time to escape a PK and if not they will leanr fast enuff not to die to many times to legit PKs. Now if you are a lamer and go after lvl 12-20s and even many sub 30s than tou are lame, and you can take that personally also, but if you arent...then kool, go have fun.......

Any PK/LLD build missing Angelics is a gross error......well at least for melee..
  4. RedWall

RedWall IncGamers Member

I knew you would post, i just wanted to see what you would say :clap: hehehehe
    Ok, so angelics amulet and ringsx2, so, anyone know what the BoS level should be with plus 2 to skills. What gloves would be best to get. And why would killing level 30s be noobish with a levle 25? Its not like im a charger.
  5. HAMC8112

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

actually he said sub level 30s, IMO your targets should be 30+ which is what Stinger said
  7. RedWall

RedWall IncGamers Member

Its a KRIS
  8. HAMC8112

Hmm... not sure what the BP are with a KRIS :lol: What attackspeed does a KRIS have?
  9. RedWall

RedWall IncGamers Member

-20 attack speed
  10. Sip

Sip Banned

My guide should answer your questions.

Level 25-27 kicksin:
    Skills:
    Max Dragon talon
    1 point in dragon flight (extra points go here)
    4 in burst of speed (will be 6 with items, giving 39% ias)
    1 in prereq. to these skills.

gear:
    3 perfect rubied
    4 perfect rubied armor OR artisans armor of life with 3x p rubies. (i use 1x perf amythiest 3x perf ruby because i like the cololr purple)
    Angelics amulet and 2 rings
    Bloodfists gloves
    deaths belt
    Sigons tower shield with "eld" rune in it
    "strength" runeworded Blade talon, kris or schimitar (it must be -20 attack speed for the right ias breakpoint to be met) I suggest 2 socket blade talon (runeword is Amn-tir)
    Two +1 assasin skills claws on switch (for casting burst of speed)
    Rare/magical War boots. They must be war boots for maximum damage. You can get a good 20%faster run, +stats rare pair or just grab some magical crap ones.
    Charms:15 life smalls, +5 str/dex larges and a few elemental (cold damage) to suit your needs. Max damage charms and jewels dont work with this build.

Keep in mind that Max damage jewels and charms dont affect kick damage, so be happy you dont have to gather tons of expensive jewels/charms. Elemental damage (from charms) will affect kick damage but it will not show up on listed damage. THis can be verified by kicking things and the elemental attack will show up. Enhanced damage jewels do work with this build, but they add very little damage. I find that if you want a damage boost, Switch from a 3 p rubied helm to a 3 P amythiested helm, this will add about 60 to max damage.

Stats with this build should be....
    125 strengh with all gear on (just enough for boots)
    Enough dex for max block (75%)
    ALL vitality, put the remainging points in here
    None energy.

A few tips when dueling:
    Before a duel, switch to the +1 assasin skill claws and cast (level 7) burst of speed. Switch back to "strength" weapon and sigons shield.

Chargers are easy to kill. There are a few ways of really nailing them. I suggest saving your dragon flight (teleport kick) for the end of the duel, to surprise them. You can wait for them in a corner, when they charge you, block them and Dragon talon them. They should either die, exit, or run away. If they run away, Dragon flight right on top of them then dragon talon as fast as you can. That should definately finish em off.

If you know your opponent uses chicken (Exits instantly when you kick them) just forget it. If you really hate them, get your friend to enchant you, then kill em in 1 hit.

When dueling other kickers, its important to try to dragon talon them at all times. Be the first to attack and be aggressive.

level 30-50 sorcs are very easy to kill, unless they are especially made for dueling. Keep a 3 perfect diamonded shield in your stash to give you max resists against these ladies. They usually have low life and will die if you get a lucky hit.

A good idea is to get a Pimp merc. Act 2 might mercs or A5 barb mercs are my favorite. Give him a high damage ethereal weapon. Honor runeword is level 27 and has amazing mods.

have fun killing everyone with a dirt cheap build
  11. RedWall

RedWall IncGamers Member

Would blood crescent scimitar work better? it too has -20 base attack speed
    All Resistances +15
    +60-80% Enhanced Damage
    +15 to Life
    +4 to Light Radius
    33% Chance of Open Wounds
    15% Increased Attack Speed
    15% Life stolen per hit
    Open wounds could help, along with ED (does ED apply to kick damage?) resistance, life steal, and IAS, but no str bonus
  12. RedWall

RedWall IncGamers Member

In response to sip

I did read your guide, and found it very helpful, i was just going for a more massive damage build. Do ED on items add to damage?
  13. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Weapon ED doesnt help kick and I dont beleve even ED jewels anywhere help.

Bloodfists are probably your best bet, those glooves are frankly godly with thier mods.

Strenght has CB right? you want the CB, OW is good, but CB is better IMO as OW works according to lvl you are for one, and really doesnt help much if ppl are juving and you are low lvl.
  14. dhale86

dhale86 IncGamers Member

the main thing I like about strength is the +20 to strength..you can dump those into dex for the max block, especially if youd rather have +life charms in your inventory than +str/dex charms.
  15. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

I love that avatar, RedWall. I think I could watch that bouncing metroid for hours and be mesmerized. :lol:
  16. Liessa Wyrmbane

Liessa Wyrmbane IncGamers Member

You'll need to achieve 63%EIAS for 7/3 DTalon kicks. If you're using -20 base speed weapon, you will need 43%EIAS more.

According to JRichard's IAS tables level 8 BoS would suffice. That's assuming you don't have any IAS on your gear.

On the other hand, if you use Bloodfists (10%IAS), then you will only need level 4 BoS to get to 7/3 kicks, so you would save 4 skill points that way.
  17. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

You need level 6 BoS to get a 7/2/2/2 kick if you're using strength blade talons (which are recommended) and bloodfists.

As for the shield - stick with sigons... blocking speed isn't really necessary when dueling chargers, you just want it to block the initial hit. However when going against characters like jabbers or zealots, blocking speed becomes MUCH more important.

Stick with one cold charm (you just need initial chill plus it will kick in again as your kick cycle continues), and have the rest as life/strength, and you should be good to go. Just make sure you remember to leave a slot for an ear ;)
  18. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Only problem I see with your build is that with using up all socketed slots with amethysts, your life will be quite low.

Which means, if you're fighting chargers and they actually hit u, u could die 1 hit.

I made a pretty standard kicksin (bloodfist, str blade talons, death belt, angelic jewellery)but used dex and str jewels in a BSOD with Sigon's shield/Angelics sabre on switch. Life is 857 iirc (don't have many charms).

Went to a couple of dueling games - every lamer in there using chicken, and their excuse is: I don't have any rejuvs.

Kicksin just can't kill chickeners.

btw Redwall, i like ur avatar also.
  19. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

my problem isn't getting ears.

Its dueling charmless. 600 life isn't going to cut it when you're talking lvl 25+ characters..
  20. RedWall

RedWall IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the help everyone, i like my avatar too