Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LV9 Bowzon needs help with DEX, ST points management

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by CanonDev, May 20, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2350

1. CanonDev

CanonDev IncGamers Member

I asked this mainly for my Bowzon, I didn't get so confused when I train my Meteor/Orb Sorc. At this point, since it's still very early in the game, deleting the character is still an option. I already leveled my Strength to 50, I don't know if that's good or bad, it felt bad because when I switch to bow my damage is pretty weak, and I know DEX pumps my bow's damage.

One of the guide I found suggest saving points to pump strength till it match a gear I have, use the rest of the points to pump Dexterity, dump some points into Vitality until I feel safe. I need some suggestion on character points. Should I pump points into dexterity in my early game? How does one decide this?
  2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

50 points n strength isn't going to kill your character. Bowazons have low damage in early game. Yes, pumping dex will help but trey too find a better bow at this point. I am not sure what you're using, but you might be able to gamble one or even shop for a better one at the beginning.

Look for gear with dex and + to damage early on.

What are your goals with this character?
    Are you goign to use a Valk? Decoy?
    Merc choice? Might merc from act 2 nightmare will help your damage a bit.
    Are you playing untwinked or will you transfer gear as you level?

Remember bowazons take patience and strategy. It is not a heavy duty killing machine like a hammerdin or a lightning sorc, or even a lightning javazon. It is a different way of playing.
  3. Whitering

Whitering IncGamers Member

There are lots of ways to go about this, and this is a tough, tough answer lol

My toughest characters, the ones I will walk into a stair trap, or 4 boss gloam packs to help people get their bodies back in HC are my Hybrid Zons. The primary key there is TGods.

Probably the best legit bow in the game (as in the easiest to obtain given the runes for the bows that beat it), is Windforce, 134 Strength. Most people find themselves the best -req/IAS or -reg/damage jewel they can find and slot it in there, even so, you will need 115 strength to put it on.

Having 60 strength as you level is pretty huge if you are not twinked, and heck, even if you are you get a 4 slot belt very early, better armor and boots as well. Your best bow to level is a 3 socket fastest bow you can find with level appropriate Sapphire and 2 Rubies. Your dex won't overcome that damage for a long time even if you built a dainty glass cannon.
  4. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

most would place just enough points in strength to equip end game gear with all bonuses and charms taken into account...it all depends on your build though.

i wouldn't delete her...find a build that will work for you and keep leveling.