Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Lower resist and conviction

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by zaphodbrx, Nov 20, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2223

1. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Hey guys I'm trying to find some info on lower resist and conviction vs monster immunities.

If monster has 125% resist.

Lvl 12 conviction = 85% = 17% reduction
    lvl 3 LR = 41% = 8% or so

thus the immunity will be broken

Is that right?

Will lower resist work at full force when monster already broken by conviction?
  2. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

I don't think it would be broken. 17% from convi and 8% (rounded down from 8.2%) is still 25%. If monster has 125 LR it would put him on 100% to resist, and 100% resistant monsters (or higher then 100%) are still considered immune to element.

And no, LR will not work at 100% after immunity is broken by conviction. It will work on 8% rather than 41% (standard 20% penalty for LR when dealing with immunities). All other sources of minus enemy resist other then LR and Convi will work 100% on broken immunity however.
  3. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

I just tried it vs Dark ones ( fire resist 125% ). They don't break under LR+conviction. Damn.
    Thanks!
  4. tbiro

tbiro IncGamers Member

I have a question, I hope somebody can answer it for me! (sry for my bad english)

I wanna build a javazon, and I want to know, how does the merc's enemy resistance reduce count to my attack? So if my merc has a perfect infinity, with -55% res for enemies, with the aura, which gives another -85%, that's -140% in total. This resistance reducing works when I attack the enemy as well? Or it's just on, when the merc attack the monster with his Jab? Please if you know,how does it count, let me know! Thanks in advance guys!
  5. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Conviction aura breaks the immunity (if high enough) all around, the resistance is effectively lower at the monster itself, any other straight resistance reduction will only work for the character that wields that straight resistance, it doesn't really "lower" the monster's resistance, it increases that single character's chance of doing more damage (by means of virtually lowering the resistance compared to that's character's attacks)
  6. tbiro

tbiro IncGamers Member

Thanks for the answer, if you have time, here's another one!

With that -17% which the immune monster will get from the aura, will my javazon can damage the monster effectively ? Or I should use items, which are reducing enemy resistance, to made myself effective ? And how far should I go ? A -20 griffon with rainbow + a 4 sox monarch all with rainbow will give -45 res for the enemies i can raise it with thunderstroke + rainbow up to -65 in total. Is it worth to use these items, or the merc's aura is enough and i can use andariel for IAS, stormshield for Dmg reduce and magic javelin with IAS and skill bonuses?

Thanks in advance, you helped me a lot with your last answer by the way!
  7. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

Lightning Resist -% applied by Conviction (and Lower Resist) applies to the target itself, so resistance to lightning damage from any source is reduced. If the target is Immune to Lightning, LR -% is reduced to 1/5 (so LR -85% becomes -17%).

-% Enemy Lightning Resistance only applies to lightning damage applied by the unit equipping it, and it only applies if the target has LR < 100% (not Immune to Lightning), although if the target is Immune to Lightning and this is removed by Conviction (or Lower Resist, or both) it still applies at full effectiveness (so -55% ELR remains -55%).

So an Infinity polearm's Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped will apply to your Amazon's lightning damage (LR -85% if LR < 100%, otherwise -17%), while its -(45-55)% ELR only applies to any lightning damage applied by your mercenary when LR < 100%.

If an Immune to Lightning target has LR 100%, LR -17% results in LR 83% and 17% damage; if it has LR 105%, it results in LR 88% and 12% damage; if it has LR 110%, it results in LR 93% and 7% damage; and if it has LR 115%, it results in LR 98% and just 2% damage.

It's worth equipping enough -% ELR to reduce a formerly Immune to Lightning target to at least LR 50%: for example, 50% damage is 25 times higher than 2% damage, but the next -50% ELR only doubles damage (100% vs 50% damage).