Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Long time gone having since returned

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Patsy, Jul 9, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 4664

1. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

Fellow Necromancers,

I've been away for about... seven years? Something like that. Been trying my hand at other games for a while and found that I've long since gotten sick and tired in general of the sociopaths in many MMOGs, and returned to D2, noticing yet another update, 1.13.

I've tried searching for what it means to Necromancers, but found what little information revealed to be lacking. Also, I see that a new type of clutter, some thingy involved with 'suffering' has taken up a spot in my inventory.

So can anybody clue me in since patch 1.11, aka the 'Death of the Marrowwalk's Bug'?

Any new cube recipes? Any tweaks to the revives AI/timer? Any new runewords?

Old farts like me want to know... oops, there goes my memory.

"De Dwead Piwate Wobarts has come foh yoh SOOOOUUAAH!"
  2. chenw

chenw IncGamers Member

Well, assuming you already know of the Torches and class specific rune words in 1.11, then the only things of real interested post 1.11 are:

1. Corpse Explosion Damage was boosted by about 20% overall (cant remember the exact %).
    2. Essence now drop from act end bosses in hell, when you obtain all 4 essence (Suffering from Andariel or Duriel, Hatred from Mephisto, Destruction from Diablo and Destruction from Baal) and cube them, you get a 'Respec Token' (the exact name elludes me), which when you consume it like you would a potion, immediately resets all your skills and stats.
    3. The above respec is now also available with Den of Evil quest, once per difficulty if your character was new, if it was older, then you only get 1 respec for the hell quest.
    4. High rune drop rate have been improved drastically. General consensus is that Hell council are great for them. Also, if they didnt implement it in 1.11, lots of rune cubing now only requires 2 runes to upgrade, rather than the usual 3. I think it starts from Lem to Pul recipe and all recipes thereafter.

Other than that, not much have changed in the world of Diablo, unless you want to count the current state of Diablo III a 'Change'

EDIT: oh and avoid USEast, they 'upgraded' the old bnet on it and doesn't play nice at all with D2. It's the only realms so far receiving that treatment
  3. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

Thanks for the heads-up on the Essence of Suffering things for what they're used for.

For the class-specific runewords, that I wasn't aware of, might've missed that right after hearing about the torches from the 'ubers' (I still think that term is awfully silly).

Also in regards to rune-cubing, for me that means changing 3 of the lower ones to one of the higher one, was there some change to the higher-levels of crafting beyond using three AND some ever-increasing grade of gem, is now altered? I'll need to look into what the crafting recipes are now.

And as far as D3....

AAAAHAHAHAAHAAAHAHAHHHAHAAAA... ahem. Sorry.:crazyeyes:

Thank you for the information.

"Why is Diablo 3 becoming unpopular?":banned03:
  4. chenw

chenw IncGamers Member

The rune cubing, as far as I am aware, was indeed 3 of the lower runes and a gem to cube into a higher one across ALL runes.

But now, everything below Um (my post was mistaken) still requires 3 runes, but Um and above only requires 2 of the lower runes and the gem to upgrade. Check Arreat's summit for the exact recipes.

Yeah, I know the feeling with D3. I bought the game, but I am gonna wait for the updates and see where it is headed towards. But right now I am pretty preoccupied with Civ V :p
  5. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I think it was always 2 pul to an um and only 2 runes from then on, but I could be wrong. I just remember reading those charts about the rune recipes years ago, so I assume it was a 1.09/1.10 thing.
    CE went from 60%-100% of monster life to a whopping 70%-120%(130%?), making it even more OP, and higher player settings a little friendlier, too.
  6. chenw

chenw IncGamers Member

^ it was never in 1.09, the best you could do with them was cube them to Thul, everything else above Thul were dropped only.

1.09 was the dark ages for Runes. There were basically no useful RW's (apart from Fury, and even then it's debatable), and the HR's effects by themselves were very subpar. The ONLY HR that found any use was Ber for its DR%, and to a much lesser extent, Ohm (which was only used in 3os CCBQ). Other than that, nothing were used much beyond Ist. (Ist was probably just as valuable, if not even more so than Ber due to everyone going crazy with MF% back in the day).