Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

LOL D3 SP What? Tourney! SPF's First Official Tourney!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by cheerupemokid10, Oct 27, 2012. | Replies: 243 | Views: 11460

1. cheerupemokid10

cheerupemokid10 IncGamers Member

Welcome to the LOL D3 SP What? Tourney! It's the Live Off (the) Land D3 Single Player What? (for all the flack we get for SP playstyle).

Legend tells of ancient warriors battling against the prime evils relying only on what they find around them. They used what they found and the help of only those they came in contact with on their journeys to support them in their trials. By living off of the land, these warriors became infamous as they were only seen few and far between rather than being in the spotlight like so many others before them. They pursued the quest in this fashion because they saw the need of the greater good rather than the recognition of the townsfolk around them.

Requirements:
    HC, Single Player only, no class or skill restrictions
    MP10 - Create character, move so character speaks in game, log out, set to MP10 in quest log.
    Items are to be self found only in the field. *Wandering Merchants are the exception* See below for details
    No trading, selling items, twinking, crafting, AH, or repairing in town. *Wandering Merchants are the exception* See below for details
    Followers are allowed and may be switched in town only when going through town for a quest related purpose.
    NPC's in town are not to be spoken to unless there is a quest related purpose.
    Multi-pass is allowed on an act at a time. Once you move on to the next act you cannot go back. This is by the honor system.
    All items saved for later use, repair, or selling must remain in the backpack.
    Stashing is only allowed for putting away items for use with other personal characters while in town for a quest related purpose.

Wandering Merchants - No Cheesing! These are found through specific side quests throughout the Acts of the game. They may be used to purchase or sell gear, potions, dyes, etc. They may also be used to repair broken or damaged equipment. You may not cheese or reroll maps/quests just to find a merchant. They must be found as part of a full clear of a quest chain/area. This is by the honor system.

Winning!:
    The winner will receive ultimate bragging rights as the winner of the first ever D3 SPF Tourney. (Sorry, I have no awesome prizes otherwise)
    Winner will be determined as the first person to clear Inferno.
    Extreme bragging rights will be given for any individual capable of reaching the extra goal of Clvl 60 Plvl 100 following the tourney guidelines.
    In the event that no participant clears Inferno, the winner will be determined as the individual with the furthest progression through the Acts. This will take place after retirement of all characters by participants or lack of updates in the thread for one month.

To try out something new, we will be using the D3 ladders site to track progress and compare Clvl's and stats. This also lets us easily see who is using what kind of gear, etc. It's simple to join and only takes a few minutes to login (with your incgamers info) and to connect to your battletag. The link for the private group is here.

After approval to the group it will add all of your characters. You will need to go through and click the "X" by the names of any characters from your account that are not linked to this tournament.

Let us know if you're joining the tourney here on this thread and post updates on progress here. There's also a shoutbox on that group page to throw out some competitive words against everyone else.

I look forward to seeing other people joining the group and battling it out for the top spot in the group!
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

Why is there a softcore ladder already running with various high level chars? Even the hardcore ladder has a level 40 already? :yikes: I've created a char and logged out but eu.battle.net is taking something like 24 hours to update my profile.

When are you allowed to repair? Only at wandering merchants or also when you go to town for quests? If a weapon breaks it's a major problem as you have virtually no DPS. Can I sell gear that I have found at wandering merchants or when I'm in town for quests?

You can't set MP10 when you create the char, I guess we need to wait until we have the first quest, logout, set MP10 and continue?
  3. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I currently have 10 character (5 mules), but I'll try to find one I can delete to make room. This tourney sounds fun.

I suspect that the ladder was not set up to be private. If crunchy joined without having to pm the OP, well, then what's private about it? Edit: after reading the FAQ on the ladders site, this is handled by adding yourself and then the OP accepts are rejects.

Edit: Also, it looks like existing characters were added when someone added their battletag. Shouldn't it only add level 1 characters?

Create character, quit, set MP10, restart?
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  4. Crunchy II

I haven't tried to join yet.

It does rather look like it's adding all the chars when someone adds their battletag rather than the one they want to join the ladder.
  5. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

I applied to join the group last night and got accepted by cheerupemokid.

So it is my existing characters that show up (my battletag is Majo666#2473), there must be some way to remove them from the ladders.

EDIT: I looked around at the ladders site but found no way of removing my chars from the ladder.
    Maybe it's some sort of admin function for the group owner?
  6. entranced

entranced IncGamers Member

The OP says you can repair only at wandering merchants.

It says no selling, except at wandering merchants.

To be clear, there's no stashing right?
  7. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

I'll pass this one... Someone has to die and I'm undecided, plus I'll have to clear 1 mule, probably rage-vendoring items, since after 1.0.5 my 1.0.4 lvl 62 stuff and under became useless trash that don't deserve my time. I have to create a HC char sometime, at least to reach lvl 20 and get the banner, but I'm undecided which lvl 60 mule will die... (hint - wizard, but it's hard to delete a lvl 60 char).

Have fun, everyone!
  8. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I'll try to join today or tomorrow, should be fun. I think someone can remove characters from a ladder on there, not sure if it's an admin or if the ladder creator can do it too.
  9. Crunchy II

I just re-read the OP and there's no mention of repairs, although you can imply it. I have no idea how quickly an item will break, I normally just repair whenever I am at a vendor. Thinking about it even if a weapon went yellow you'd just have to grab the next available weapon to at least be able to carry on till something better.
  10. InteNuIgen

....and knowing my luck, the "next available weapon" will be a cracked axe with 5 dps :D
  11. cheerupemokid10

That should answer that question, I hope. You can only repair at wandering merchants in the field.

No stashing, only what's in your backpack. I'll edit the OP to make that clearer.

Follow the guidelines of create character, logout, set MP10, go. Also will add in OP.

I've been trying to figure out a way to remove the additional characters from the ladder. I'll have to try and contact the ladder support staff to see if we can only add specific characters and not an entire account or remove the undesired ones. Sorry for the confusion on that part. At the very least, we can track everyone's progress using that and then create a leaderboard table using the information from there here in this thread.

It takes some careful planning and prep to make sure you have some back up stuff in your stash.
  12. InteNuIgen

Thanks cheerupemokid10 for clearing that up. I assume by your post that we're good to go?

I created a HC barb named "InteNuIgen" (it's swedish for "NotAgain!!") [​IMG]
    So when and if you find out wether it's possible to remove chars from the ladder, please spare this barb [​IMG]

Good luck to you all!
  13. InteNuIgen

Rules say "no crafting". Does this mean that if i find a gear with socket and a gem,
    i can put the gem in the gear but not remove it?
  14. cheerupemokid10

I believe we're all good now. I tried contacting the support for D3Ladders.com and my e-mail was denied and sent back to me... :/ So I'm not too sure about the status of that. I think we would have to have our own ladder and as of now I don't have the ability to make one of those.

But, we can still do as planned. I'll add in a table so we can get going!

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 700, align: left"]
    Position Profile Name/Battle Tag Character Name Character Type Character Level Act/Difficulty 1 Cheerupemokid10/pizzle#1873 EdTheJanitor Monk 1 A1 Norm 2 InteNuIgen InteNuIgen Barb 1 A1 Norm 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [/TABLE]
  15. cheerupemokid10

Correct, no interaction between yourself and town NPC's unless it is for a quest related event.
  16. kestegs

You can just pm Elly or Rushter about the ladder issue.

Do you have a problem with us taking things off our characters if we're already in town and want to use them for another character later? Like we used to do in D2.
  17. InteNuIgen

Just to be clear: Is it ok to re-run areas as long as they are in the same act?
  18. InteNuIgen

Well, that was short and sweet :ashamed:

Got to level 12 and was ploughing through fields of misery, trying to kill everything to gain XP.
    Was chopping upp a walking tree and didn't notice a poison flower which was hidden behind the tree itself.

Crap.
  19. Crunchy II

D'oh! You still managed to get further than my first HC Barb, he died at level 9 at the Skeleton King because I was trying to do an achievement :eek:.

Can we start a new char if the ladder one dies?
  20. kestegs

RIP. Fields is a nasty area for sure.

I'm sure you'll be fine to start up a new character.