Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LLD in Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by sweetalmonds, Apr 28, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 2800

1. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

any kind of community yet? hld is all dumb luck right now, you either get one shot or someone one shots you. until blizzard decides to add in a pvp penalty like there was in d2, the duels will not be very interesting. even the 3mil plus ehp barbs can't stand up to a full blind sss wol from monk.

2. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I'd imagine LLD being kinda limited by how many characters you can have. If you want to have 5 level 60s, that means you can only have 5 LLD chars... If there's multiple level brackets, you better specialize (or buy multiple copies). And if you play HC too, your slots are effectively cut in half.

I might actually try LLD if it's more balanced than HLD. Do you have any builds in mind, or appropriate lvl brackets? Which level can you start dueling at? I'd imagine lvl 1 is too low for it (might be fun for one time tho :p)...

On the plus side, making LLD chars is much easier in D3 due to there not being any stat-increasing quests in the game. Lvl 30 is reachable in Nm iirc (technically MLD but whatever).

Edit: What's the lowest level that -req weapons can be used at? Any LLD must be done lower than that because otherwise you might as well just do HLD (the bulk of DPS coming from the weapon).

3. sweetalmonds

i ran across this player, seems he's got some pretty nice build and gear for lvl30 llders
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ironside-1736/hero/31248002
    i guess lvl30 is a good lvl to do it at. all primary skills are unlocked at 30 so that gives plenty of options and it was more common than lvl9/18 back in the day anyway. the cool thing is that his damage is 2-3k and hp 7-10k, where as hld damage is 100 times more but hp is only about 10 times more which is why people one shot each other. the gem choice idk, radiant would definitly be too much 600 loh or 130 damage in weapon would break the damage to ehp ratio for sure, maybe regular gem or flawless gem as those are ilvl30/36.

about level reduced, the affix table i looked at says 2-5 at ilvl35, req lvl 33. the rares on that persons characters have 4 or 5 but the unique chest has 7 so idk if it's different.

4. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I surfed around a bit, trying to find info. Apparently - and believe me I'm disheartened to utter this sentence - the Horadric Hamburger can spawn with mad dps and reduced lvl requirement... Unbalancing LLD unless it's banned. Nice. But I suppose it was like this in D2 as well. I never dueled in D2, much less LLDd, but I know that things like excessive absorb and whatnot were banned in D2 pvp.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7909251080
    These guys have a thread going on the official forums. Little names so far on the European list though. As they discuss, the best thing would be for there to be an agreed-upon 'designated quest & MP' for LLD purposes so that people wanting to LLD could easily find each other. Or Blizzard could just give us named games like they should've from the VERY START... But they only just caved in on ID all, so I guess it'll take another 11 months. :p

5. sweetalmonds

managed to snag a scarbringer with reduced lvl req. it doesnt have socket but the vita is nice. idk the max vita on weapon but 123 seems pretty good for that level. trying to buy a lvl req reduce chainmail, no luck so far, best i've seen is 3 lvls reduced
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/King-1853/hero/33140685
    that will be my build. items are a kind of hard to acquire, not many people farm for lld items or they just salvage them idk.

6. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I too have made a lld char now. Unofortunately I'm on Eu so I can't test it against you.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Greizer-2577/hero/27816055

I think that with the mad healing skillz the Monk may well prove to be the best lld char. It would seem that Wizards have the disadvantage (big surprise there), with the best runes/skills available past lvl 30. DHs have fewer viable skills than I'd like, but I simply refuse to play other chars (just a playstyle thingy). Haven't worked out the WD yet. In high lvl pvp they dominate to a ridiculous extent atm. And Barbs, well, all I can say is their synergy and dmg buffs seem mostly unaffected.

It's true that it's hard to find good gear on the AH. No -req Chaingmails (what a stupid name btw) on EU AH either. People seem to know the value of low level gear quite well, but most think it's only used for leveling, hence +xp raising values dramatically. My current quiver cost me 8 million gold, and the plans to make them cost in excess of 1 billion(!) - probably because they only drop in Normal and no one runs Norm with mf.

If and when the lld market picks up (read: better dueling options are introduced), there's lots of profit to be made. Learning the max values of different stats right now could pay off handsomely in the future. Even crafting may be worthwhile, although the Normal level mats are surprisingly pricy on the AH - again probably because only new chars play Normal, and even then they tend to rush through it.

Edit: From what I can tell, crit chance and crit dmg seem to be 'nerfed' at lvl 30 and below, in that they can't really go high enough to matter that much. A ruby seems vastly better in a weapon than an emerald, at least with Flawless Squares (the ideal gem lvl imo, powerful but not too much so). Similarly, I never even saw all res on items apart from a few crappy Legs. What resistances there were seemed to be very low. My char has 29 all res atm... We'll see how much dmg she takes and adjust if necessary, but the gear could prove very hard to find.

I'm not sure how to go about finding dueling partners... This forum is as good as dead now. Maybe I could try the official forums; but right now I've had my fill of social interaction for a month or two. They should just let us make named games ffs... It's like selling a car that cannot turn left - who the hell does that? Just let me make "Lvl 30 LLD flawless sq no HF", and I'm in Heaven... -.-

Last edited: May 18, 2013