Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

List of Monk skill affixes

Discussion in 'Monk' started by HardRock, Apr 24, 2012. | Replies: 15 | Views: 6003

1. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

List of Monk skill affixes

I compiled a list of skill affixes for better readability. All of them are datamined, so they may be inaccurate. I only included the highest level affixes on the list.

All of the skill bonuses are suffixes, so only one can spawn on a Magic item. Rare items are a question mark in this regard, because we don't know enough about the item generator. It's possible, that the number of skill affixes is limited to one even on Rare items.

These affixes start appearing on class-specific items in Nightmare and on generic items in Hell. What's interesting is that some of the highest level affixes can't spawn on the most powerful class-specific items, because their item level isn't high enough, but they can spawn on the generic items with the highest level. I hope this will change.

Code:
    Item Group 1: Spirit Stones, Helms
    Item Group 2: Staves, Polearms, Daibos

Skill                        Bonus                 May Spawn on Item Group

Crippling Wave              +5-14% Inreased Damage                     1
    Cyclone Strike              Spirit Cost Reduced by 1-5                 1
    Deadly Reach                +5-14% Inreased Damage                     1
    Exploding Palm              +5-14% Inreased Damage                     1
    Fists of Thunder            +5-14% Inreased Damage                     1
    Lashing Tail Kick           Spirit Cost Reduced by 1-5                 2
    Sweeping Wind               +5-14% Inreased Damage                     1
    Tempest Rush                +2-8% Critical Chance                      2
    Wave of Light               +2-8% Critical Chance                      2
    Way of the Hundred Fists    +5-14% Inreased Damage                     1
  2. Neinball

Neinball <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

Re: List of Monk skill affixes

Wave of Light effect only on 2H's? All my build ideas are being validated! Thank you for this info!
  3. HardRock

I guess now we know which skills the devs intend to be optimal for two-handers. :)
  4. Theocide

Theocide IncGamers Member

And none of them spawn on 1-hand weapons (including Fist Weapons) or shields? [STRIKE]Seems odd compared to the flexibility of some of the other classes.[/STRIKE] Nevermind, I see the difference now, it's consistent in that none of the classes can double on on a particular affix.
  5. FulItilt

FulItilt IncGamers Member

Only just started to follow D3 now that it's almost release date as I couldn't handle the wait before hand so I'm a little behind. But when you say affixes, you mean items that affect your skills?
  6. HardRock

An affix is just an item modifier and not necessarily one that will boost one of your skills. For example, let's say that an item is called King's Axe of Wounding. Both the "King's" and "of Wounding" part is an affix, or more specifically a prefix and a suffix, respectively, that will give the item a certain bonus. In this case, the bonus will be a flat APS boost (King's) and a flat increase in damage (of Wounding).

Skill affixes will give you bonuses to skills. For example, the "of Domination" suffix will increase the damage of Exploding Palm.

The bonuses of these skill affixes weren't easily readable, that's why I posted this list of them.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
  7. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

I really hope it isn't limited to one for these; I want a damage boost to a spirit generator above all, but would also like a boost to sweeping wind. It just means that items with a boost to sweeping wind will always be inferior, I think, because the +damage onto sweeping wind would be less than +dmg on something like CW or WotHF. Or maybe I've got it backwards...
  8. HardRock

The exact numbers will probably change, they don't seem to be balanced per skill.
  9. Crane

Crane IncGamers Member

Still weird to me that they can't spawn on knuckles. Why not just cut the boost in half for 1-handed weapons?
  10. Coolhwip

Coolhwip IncGamers Member

This confirms 2handers are underpowered and need to have exclusive bonuses to make them competitive with dual wielded 1handers.
  11. HardRock

Maybe one-handed weapons have other advantages. The Monk is not alone with this, DH bonuses can't spawn on hand crossbows either.

I kinda like this, since I'm a huge fan a dual-wielding and this way a stray skill bonus won't affect my skill choices. :)

12. WhiteGiant

WhiteGiant IncGamers Member

pretty boring properties :/ i would have hoped they go more out of their way to create some enticing properties for each skill. stuff that puts emphasis on the strengths of the skills not just boring flat increases

eg; eg i think Cripling wave should get more AE radius
    Fists of Thunder should get a higher attackspeed modifier
    Deadly reach; chance to trigger bleed ? i mean its the only skill which requires no physical contact ; so it has to be wind / Chi is lancing through flesh

you know just some creative stuff which puts emphasis on the dissimilarity of skills ... not just "this skill deals 14% more dmg now ..."
  13. HardRock

We may still see things like that. I don't think these bonuses are final in any way, shape or form. I think they will change in both power and even in function or at least I hope so. I wouldn't mind generic bonuses like these too much, but the exact numbers don't seem very well balanced to me.
  14. Donax

Donax IncGamers Member

When Bashiok talked about affixes which were modifying the power of skills I thought of something interesting and which could really make a difference between two identic choices of skills. Instead of having "+50%dmg for Tempest Rush", which would make it really interesting to fight with, we have a poor "+2-8% Critical Chance"... Yay...

And the worse is that not all of the skills are concerned by those affixes... Nothing for the mantra, the ally nor SSS for example.​
  15. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

It would be VERY useful if that +...8% crit chance was additive. Just like 60% + 8% = 68%. Then it would be invaluable.
  16. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

They need to leave plenty of space for powering up items with later patches. This ultimately will have the effect of nerfing old items which is exactly what happened in D2. They don't want gear to appear in the early version of the game which remains op for years. They want to give us a reason to keep playing the game. Yeah, those stat's are pretty lame I agree. Nothing to get to possessive about.