Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Link your profile

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by liquid_mage, Sep 19, 2012. | Replies: 29 | Views: 5478

1. liquid_mage

liquid_mage IncGamers Member

I'm not going to do the silly rate the barb above you crap, but I was wondering if the frequent posters here minded linking their barb profiles. Sometimes I think looking at other players profiles helps give me a direction I want to go with my barb with gear upgrades.

Also when linking your profile if you have a second build you like to play to mix it up let us know.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bulvine-1904/hero/3306320

Typically I run Double Tornado, but I did enjoy mixing it up with Hota/Smash for a bit.
  2. powpowboom

powpowboom IncGamers Member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  3. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Please see the link in my signature and click on Karsh. Looks like I logged out without Warcry or Battle Rage up, so those numbers are unbuffed, but with the Enchantress.

This is my main build. I've tried the WW/Sprint build, but just didn't like it; doesn't flow with my playstyle. I've tried some new skills here and there, but I really like this set up. The biggest change was switching from Revenge to Rend; it was awkward, at first, not having a spam button anymore, but stuff just melts with Rend. :D

My progression over time was from a pure tank build to clear Inferno to Dual Wield survivability/DPS mix. I just started upgrading pieces to keep/increase survivability while focusing on increasing DPS. Only thing that has really decreased over time is the Life stat, but pulling the Amethyst out of the helm was the main cause there. All of my Legendaries are self-found. I'm saving right now to buy a really good Vile Ward or a really good Frenzy-oriented Immortal King's Tribal Binding.
  4. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

My barb was parked on act 1 inferno since the end of may, iirc. After beating the game with WD last week, I want barb to be my main character. It's a work in progress, since I'm learnig how everything works. And I plan to at least beat the game wearing an archon gear set:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Baron-1545/hero/948780

(Maybe he's kinda bad compared with other barbs, but I think he's ok for a one week guy)

Edit: enchatress buffed
  5. Insicor

Insicor IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Genotype-1597/hero/797838

2H Schaefer's barb. 44k DPS isn't counting the lightning procs, which tick for 50-100k on crit while healing with life steal on the weapon. Not as effective on single targets, so I usually switch to a Scorn on bosses since it increases my DPS to around 90k.
  6. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

7. Goldwrap

Goldwrap IncGamers Member

My hammer charge build with massive aoe.
    Leap charge and warcry provides the Fury needed for my 12 fury HotA. The Real difference here is the bloodshed Rune in battlerage, with crits ranging from 800k to 1m before wrath of the berserker. I get massive aoe and single target with just the one skill. Charge is primarily for mobility and the fun of charging into a pack and single shotting 30+ monsters- i occasionally use the smash rune instead of thunderstrike in HotA simply because i love seing even greater numbers :)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Goldwrap-2301/hero/2926317
  8. celanian

celanian IncGamers Member

9. Drytchnath

Drytchnath IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drytchnath-1291/hero/232276

Budget Rend build, can clear Act 3 up to Siegebreaker but after that I start dying in solo games. Buffed Damage is around 44k...I think. May pry myself away from BL2 after 1.05 comes out, until then I just can't work up the desire to play DIII at the moment when BL2 feels much more rewarding (plus it's funny as ****).
  10. Sentarius

Sentarius IncGamers Member

11. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  12. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Heh, your Strength bonus from gear is 1337. ;)

It's pretty cool to see such a wide diversity of builds and specs for the Barbs here. Also interesting to see who is incorporating what set/Legendary pieces and whatnot.

I'm very curious to see how 1.0.5 will affect some or all of what we are currently doing in terms of skills used and gear.
  13. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

14. Aud

Aud IncGamers Member

15. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Curious as to what your final APS is with your build and also why you opted for swords with IAS versus daggers and their innate speed plus possibly rolling IAS on those as well. I imagine you must have a lot of fun with this. :) I'm trying to find a faster/more powerful offhand so I can get closer to 2.00 APS myself.
  16. EoB

EoB IncGamers Member

Here is my main - standard WW/Sprint build. Not sure how I am going to adapt for 1.05 but I did purchase an offhand dagger for cheap the other day with some LoH and 3% LS. Now I just need to figure out where to get the other 3% without breaking my bank. Haven't tried PTR yet though to test out how I will do. Too scared to see how ineffective I will become I guess...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/EoB-1878/hero/1563601
  17. EoB

EoB IncGamers Member

I'm actually curious about your build myself since I LOVED my frenzy baba from D2. What throws me off though is your build. You have BR/Into the Fray on spec, but you don't have any fury spenders. What are you using it for?

Assuming you don't have a fury spender anywhere, you should switch out weapons master passive for Zerkers rage. You would gain an additional 10% damage.
  18. thewoodshed

APS is 2.22/2.20 without any buff or the enchantress.

As for why I picked swords over daggers is simple: I am prejudiced. I have a certain image of what a dual-wielding, in-your-face barbarian should be and it doesn't include pokey-pokey. That's for thieves, mages and assassins ;)

Swords were the next fastest in the group. For pure min-maxier, daggers are the best choice.

And you are right- it is tons of fun. I did a solo act 4 run with one death, and the shadows in the Diablo fight are not an issue. I know most will want a WW barb from a pure efficiency perspective, but I can't play them at all. Usually I run Act 3 in a full group, and I have found running a WW barb in group play is not a good experience.
  19. thewoodshed

Actually, Battlerage IS my fury spender. I have it and Revenge on side-by-side buttons. Once I pop WotB, I spam them both. I am spending 20 and gain 15 back almost instantly through crits. Admittedly, it is not eternal WotB like a WW build, but I usually last longer than the packs I encounter as long as I keep hitting them. But that is the weakness- you gotta keep hitting them. I stand in all the crap. Easy enough to dance out of the desecrates, But I stay in the laser light show,l and watch my heath globe bob up and down. If things get too hairy, I pop Ignore Pain. I stand directly in the black gunk all the way through Azmo, and have no issues (no bragging, I know other build can to, just saying it isn't an issue).
  20. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

AHH forget itStupid formatting problems (see what I mean)