Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

leviathin barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Hew, Jun 30, 2012. | Replies: 16 | Views: 1584

1. Hew

Hew IncGamers Member

leviathan barb

just curious. for some reason when i first stated playing, i always thought this was a cool armor, leviathon green barb looks cool imo and not as popular obviously. anyone have any good builds around this armor? just curious, or am i the only dork who likes this armor. i just found a new one, so thinking of new barb... :wink:
  2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

It's outclassed by a lot of other armors (****ing Bashiok is a useless pos when it comes to balancing D2), but it's still workable. I wouldn't consider using one at all unless it had a high roll, to be honest.

Socket it with a 40% ED/15 IAS or 40% ED/filler and it should work out nicely.
  3. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Bashiok :scratchhead:

It's not really suited to any specific build so you can pretty much do anything you want with it. Titan (all or most stat points into strength) conc or WW build with SS maybe?
  4. Hew

Hew IncGamers Member

yah i know it sux lol, just wondering if anyone liked it besides me. im not all about perfect char with strongest builds obv. i play alot of hc sp, and barb are so flexible with the extra bo'ed life that i was considering a new toon. im thinking 'green machine' would be a cool name :)

5. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

It is cool looking. I wish uniques were not so generally out-classed
  6. twillight

twillight IncGamers Member

It has a build of merc if not player char. Give it to an Act 5 merc along Crainte Vomir (Amn rune for leech) and Gaze, and you have a cool and unique merc who can barely die, and slows hugh mobs.
  7. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

A Titan WolfBarb/Whirler with 40% DR (gotta get the best rolls on it on both Leviathan and String of Ears).

You'll also want a 3 socket Tomb Reaver, filled with Shael runes. The rest of the standard Barbarian items fills out the rest of the item slots: LoH, Highlords, Gores, etc, etc.

In your stash, you could keep a pair of War Traveler boots and a Shako (P.Topaz or Ist socketed) if you want to MF The Pit or somewhere.

That's pretty rough, and requires a lot of items to work... and Leviathan doesn't really do anything special for it. It's just a Barbarian with a big green armor that you can't see because he's wolf shifted. :p
  8. Ulfus

Ulfus IncGamers Member

I had a barb with it years ago. Its suited better to 2h barb because pvm barb should always use string of ears.
    If you use something other than an ebotd the strength might be partially useful too.
  9. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Pair it with a Vamp gaze and an ethereal zod'd viperfork (hit's last ww breakpoint and range 5) and be all green eco-barb :D
  10. Necronium

Necronium IncGamers Member

you could wear it and vamp, or some other green helmet and Just jump, shout, and beserk or Concentrate with glitched weapon so you look unarmed and be Incredible HULK.
  11. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

+2 Barb skill helm like a slayer guard would be a nice touch (with +3 to BO would be even cooler)
  12. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Bul Kathos set swords are also green, and very underrated for pvm.
  13. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

AH! I like the way you think.

14. Korlic

Korlic IncGamers Member

Yeah make a barb named Bul-katho and wear Leviathan and the Bul-katho set and ring. That way you have both a green and a giant theme :)
  15. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

You would have to make all your items green, for style of course (lenymo sash and treads of cthon chain boots/tearhaunch greaves), but I don't think green gloves exist.
  16. Necronium

Necronium IncGamers Member

i actually seen some green boots at anya earlier today that could have had potential if it had more than the 1 mod
  17. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

I guess you could always do a grief greatsword (venom turns green) and gerke's sanctuary (best pvm shield imo).