Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Let's talk about level 60 prefixes & suffixes not dropping

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Diabble Bobble, Jul 19, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 5851

1. Diabble Bobble

Diabble Bobble IncGamers Member

Why?

Like, I know how it works out in the code, but why? Why would they include modifiers in the game that are too high level to drop, and too expensive to be bought (at least on anything worthwhile). Was it a mistake? I mean, there ARE level 60 monsters in Hell/Hell. Technically they could drop this gear if the drop formula actually used the right monster level.

So here I am modding this stupid game, lowering all the qlvl 60's to qlvl 31-34, so I have some chance of finding them. You know, to spice up my next playthrough. Yes, it's cheating, but it's still the most legit way to cheat.

Has anyone ever tried this before? I feel like I'm doing something that people would have done ages ago.

(No one talks about this game anymore, so I had to register here. At least this place has threads from 2013.)
  2. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

I always figured they had those high qlvl's that are basically only available via Wirt, so that they could go on crappier items and make them somewhat competitive with the better base items with crappier mods. I dunno. I feel your frustration. I always wanted a Godly Plate of the Whale.
  3. FireIceTalon

FireIceTalon IncGamers Member

The most legit way to cheat? ROFL. That's like saying the most truthful way to tell a lie - there is no such thing! You are either legit, or you are not. Now, there are some grey areas in the game that some people consider legit and others dont, and it comes down to personal preference, but what you are describing would not be considered legit by consensus in the community.

The reason level 60 items can't drop is due to limitations within the game. Whether this was intentional or not is up for debate, but from my own point of view, I believe it was. Affixes like "of the Whale", "Strange", etc are very high end and should NOT be easily attainable, which is probably why the creators made them Wirt only. King's items were originally going to be level 60 (or close) I think, but Blizz decided against it during the making the game and lowered it to qlvl 28 so it was a bit easier to obtain. If they did this with every item though, we would all be running around with decked out chars in no time. High level chars with top-end gear are meant to be rare and special, and SHOULD take a long time to build. Yea, shopping Wirt is a pain in the arse, but putting him closer to town square would be a better solution than making qlvl 60 items be able to drop from monsters. Making them drop from monsters would make them too easy to obtain and thus reduce their overall "exotic" quality. And not just level 60 items, but even something like an Obsidian Helm of the Mammoth (Mammoth is qlvl 34) is only obtainable at Wirt with a lvl 20-22 char and is one of the most exotic and sought after high-end items. Imagine if it could drop off monsters - it wouldn't be the same. Jewelry is the same way but the other way around - you can only get jewelry by killing monsters, and high end jewelry of course can only drop off very specific monster types. This was done to make these quality items more special when you actually do find them.

@Clervis - I don't think that is really the case either, since you can only get "Godly" up to a splint mail or breast plate onlyl, and it would still give you much less net AC than an Awesome full plate - hardly competitive unless you never take a char past normal difficulty. Theoretically a Godly full plate mail of the Whale should be able to be bought but it far exceeds Wirt's price cap. Game limitations, once again. But this is the way it should be - some items that cannot be legitimately obtained would make our chars too powerful, and this game is easy enough as it is really.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  4. Romeo Rogue Julietta

Romeo Rogue Julietta IncGamers Member

I do gladly talk about this game with any nice person.
    I would like to talk to you about this if you'd gladly reply to me
    :smug:
  5. Romeo Rogue Julietta

Hello.
    I am gladly talking Diablo 1 with you.
    So you know how to deal with the game codes.
    I would love to learn too.
    I am playing Diablo 1 nearly everyday & I have to say
    it's a pain to reload the game & go back and forth
    several 100 times for trying to spawn high quality items.
    And even so you won't get the best item quality modifiers (prefix/suffix).
    If you could & would kindly tell me all steps of how to exactly modify them.
    & I also would like to fix Diablo's %To Hit; Nightmare & Hell difficulty because
    it is so sadly low, he should be a true challenge.
    Would be so kind of you if you could help me, or if anyone else for that matter
    :girly:
  6. Romeo Rogue Julietta

Would love to see you play in Hell on Hell difficulty with Warrior:smug:
  7. FireIceTalon

FireIceTalon IncGamers Member

www.youtube.com/fireicetalon

Hell/hell is np for my warrior.