Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Let's speculate on 1.06!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Maclowery, Nov 7, 2012. | Replies: 35 | Views: 10150

1. Maclowery

Maclowery IncGamers Member

Let's speculate on 1.07!

I haven't heard much talk, and certainly none from Blues, regarding the next patch. So, now that 1.05 is somewhat wearing off on our collective interest, let's talk future! What do you guys and gals think we might see?

I don't think they'll add any events/bosses/etc. Perhaps a new system, although I cannot think of what. I don't think major requests like PVP or a fully-fleshed out rune socketing system will make it into the next patch. I figure PVP will be 1.1, which won't be until Blizzard thinks it's ready, which will coincidentally (tin foil hat on) when sales of Panda Pack have dipped enough after the holiday season.

Honestly, I somewhat wonder if we'll even see a 1.06 before the hopefully-big 1.1.

I'd like to see a redesign of the Monk for all those of you who play them and want to use more than a couple standard skillsets. I'd certainly love to see a few dozen more legendaries get released, ranging from more crap to some unique ones that allow for weird builds. One specific thing, although I don't use a 2H'er, would be a damn legendary 2 hand weapon other than Skorn that can roll well for end-game type players. Skorn Skorn Skorn, it's tiresome.

tldr; if we see 1.06 I'm guessing:
    -Monk skill balancing/buffs of weaker skills
    -Possible barb nerf
    -New look to bnet menus, more group-creation flexibility to allow specific things to be done. ie mp4 keys. mp1 speed run. mp8 Ubers. Etc
    -Fix the [blanking] [blank] [redacted] [explective] [blank] chat thingy where my chat scrolling is absurdly fast and I can only see the very top and last 5 messages in my chat box
    -Fix the very frequent Lost Connection games I see with my new WW barb, which I never, ever saw with my DH
    -Fix the weird graphics glitch in a3 Rakkis and some other spots that causes massive FPS loss in some instances
    -Moar legendaries!
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

I expect .06 to largely be focused on balance, mainly on buffing/redesigning all the skills/runes that are use by nearly no one. I don't expect much more than that from the next one, but as long as they do a good job at the re-balancing, I'll be content with that.
  3. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

I read that reflect damage will be a temporary affix in 1.0.6 or 1.0.7
  4. Crensh

Crensh IncGamers Member

Hard to guess. Many say there will be some love for Monk in next patch and I too hope this gossip is true.
  5. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

Some changes/buffs for wizard. No it doesn't have to be for the CM build. In fact I hope it isn't. Atm I see too builds working well without CM. Arcane orb (often with hydra to boot), and blizz/hydra (venom or arcane). I'm getting a bit tired of arcane orb, and blizz/hydra is a very safe build, but doesn't have the same damage output as arcane orb.
  6. unReaIity

unReaIity IncGamers Member

Hoping no 1.0.6, and the next patch released is 1.1.0.

PVP pleasethx.
  7. slevin kelevra

slevin kelevra IncGamers Member

I'm holding out for some sort of nerf on the reflect damage monsters.

Those are slightly tough and mildly frustrating.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  8. Nagafen

Nagafen IncGamers Member

I don't give a **** about PvP. The game's design would have to fundamentally change in order for it to accomodate PvP in any way. As it stands, it'll be a complete pay-to-win joke, and I don't think the skills and mechanics are made for PvP anyway. I think PvP will be DOA since the game is so completely not made for it.

Instead, I think Blizzard will start to seriously consider ladders. I'm sure they're aware that they'll need to do something to extend the longevity of the game, and one of the most iconic things about D2 was its ladders. It can attract players to this very day -- thousands of people came back to play when the ladder reset yesterday, and I expect Blizzard were watching and aware of how good this mechanic is for the game's culture. It is the perfect cure for stagnation.

Other than that, I'd like to see a heavy nerf to Run Like the Wind, general buffs to WD/DH/monk, changes to a few of the more irritating elite affixes, and maybe buffs to some of the many useless passive abilities. Other than that, I think the game is starting to become genuinely good.
  9. Maclowery

Maclowery IncGamers Member

This is not as much of a guess on what will happen, but my idea that I'd love to see happen (but won't):

I'd like all the purple named mobs to have their own unique item. The ones that we see often on our current runs (keys, a3 areas, etc) would have to have a pretty darn small chance to drop the item, on top of their rare spawn. I don't necessarily want people actively trying to farm a single rare spawn for an overpowered shield or something. But it would be cool if there was a slight MMO feel to seeing a purple and thinking "ooh! He can drop this cool monk hat!" I know that item creation is a lot of work to keep things balanced. So it's a pipe dream. Alas.
  10. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

I really hope for some monk changes so more of the skills become usable. Would be nice with at least one passive focusing on some more dmg output (those that exist now are quite useless, not worth it with using 2 spirit generators and the other one only working while healing in multiplayer... and both of them are booooring.) I guess they will only try to fix things with a few damage buffs to some skills and that in the end it wont really affect the builds in any way, but you can always hope for some fun changes!
    I do believe that the OWE nerf will come now. They've warned us 2 times before patch 1.04 and 1.05, the change should come in this patch.

Also hope that they fix it so that it's a little better to play at higher MP, not only for hellfire. Killing speed is by far king, the extra 25% MF doesn't make any real difference if you kill slower when you go up a level of MP if you already have 300-400 MF with neph valor.

And I do hope for some more legendaries to choose from, now everyone is running around with Vile Ward and inna's pants and there are pretty much no good legendary or set gloves. Tasker and Theo can get quite good rolls, but it's quite uncommon.

I would love for an update from the blue guys, hasn't been any real info the last few weeks since 1.05 so should come something soon!
  11. Capt Goodman

Capt Goodman IncGamers Member

I really hope the OWE nerf is fair, and isn't something ridiculous like 50% of highest res, or something like that. If it was 75-80% maybe, but anything more than that = me selling all my gear before the patch releases, and quitting the game. Knowing Blizzard, they'll increase the affix values of the single res rolls, up from 60 to maybe 100 or so, then change OWE to be 50% of the highest res or something. That way, all monks are forced to find or buy new gear, anyway. They've already made my 60 Wiz unplayable to me, if the monk OWE nerf is too stiff, I'm done for good.
  12. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Is OWE really even necessary anymore? I know barbs are dropping defensive passives left and right even in HC, simply because the content is so easy.
  13. Capt Goodman

When you gear your entire character around it from the beginning, it's pretty necessary. It's a lot easier for barbs to have higher effective AR and armor than monks, and as it is right now, so dropping defensives can be a lot easier for them. Monks have maybe 5 or 6 passives that aren't totally stupid, and most of those are only useful for different purposes (fleet foot for speed running, the DPS boost heal spell for ubering, etc), and the flexibility is realistically limited to only 3 or 4 passives for each specific task. In regards to OWE, since basically nothing else is appealing, it's basically a static in all monk's builds. If anything, they need to buff all the other passives to not be stupid, so that there is a reason to switch off OWE, and try something different.
  14. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

This is indeed what they need to do. Decreasing the effectiveness of OWE with 50% will only make every monk weaker, because most people will still keep OWE as it still will be better than every other passive.
    Tbh, Ive started phasing out OWE. In the last two weeks, Ive gone from 400 OWE resist to 160. Gonna get rid of the last also, I want to fool around with the other passives. Even if they're useless :p The effect is mostly that I do not do as much dmg as other monks because I need more other survival stats instead of pure DPS, but I do not care. Still more fun!
  15. Capt Goodman

I was doing that for a while, but couldn't do anything end game related (ubers) and said "screw it, I'm going all out DPS". I was at 1050 unbuffed AR, 5500 armor, and like 78k HP, but only had 30-40k DPS. I never died, but it took me about 20 years to kill anything. The problem with swapping from my one res (cold) to AR on all my gear at this point, is that it's so insanely expensive. For comparison, almost all of those Inna's pieces, if that was AR subbed in for cold res, cost insanely more (roughly 3x per piece - estimating based on what it was when I was buying these).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Josh-1947/hero/10546378
  16. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I'd like to see a Witch Doctor rewamp. The current WD feels like Summoner Druids felt like in D2.

Any sort of AoE Dots would need a massive damage boost to be worth anything.
  17. MrRandyMarsh

MrRandyMarsh IncGamers Member

i hope they put in more random events and mini missions like "can you go into this cave and find my lost blablabla"... much like they do in torchlight 2.

never gonna happen tho
  18. Death_StrikeR

Death_StrikeR IncGamers Member

DoT skills be more useful. Like Disintegrate! That skill hooked me up to play Wizard at release. And now its basically useless in inferno and in real farming, i really want to see it get boosted in some way, damage or something that procs for prolonged use.
  19. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I think that's what they will do. They obviously have statistics about which skills/passives get used the most, it's a pretty simple thing to do to buff everything that is underused.
  20. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

I do think I read they are changing how reflects is going to work. I am also fairly sure that pet damage is going to be taken out of the reflect equation and this includes Hydra for Wizards.

I would like to see more content added, but I think that with the earnings call that let us know about the XPAC development I doubt they are going to add much in the way of content until next year.

My guess is the next patch will be more along the lines of balancing and tweaks. the following patch after that will be PVP.