Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Let's Discuss Breaking Bad! (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BipolarChemist, Sep 22, 2013. | Replies: 65 | Views: 4599

1. BipolarChemist

BipolarChemist IncGamers Site Pal

WARNING TO ALL: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

With the finale just over one week away and the second last episode tonight, I figured it's about time to get a Breaking Bad Discussion thread going!

Conceived by Vince Gilligan, former show runner with The X-Files, Breaking Bad stars Malcolm in the Middle's Bryan Cranston as Walter White, scholar turned teacher turned meth cook. The show follows Walter White through his decent into the drug world of New Mexico leading him through countless explosive situations, with unexpected twists and turns.

The show has received numerous awards, being nominated for 46 Primetime Emmy Awards, it has been universally loved and has been hailed as one of the greatest shows to ever air on television.

This thread is both an appreciation thread and a spoiler thread. There will be some rules for the thread so spoilers don't ruin plot for others. The rules are as follows:

1. Spoilers are allowed in this thread. Any spoilers of the most recent season should be denoted by season number and episode number (or name). The first 4 seasons are fair game to be discussed without warning in this thread.

E.G For Season 5 Episode 11 the proper format would be [5-11]. ​

Please place this tag at the beginning of a post if you will be talking about spoilers from that episode. The other option is to use spoiler tags: [ spoiler] Text [/ spoiler] (Without the spaces of course).

2. As the most recent episode is airing, please refrain from posting about it. The show airs at 9pm EST on Sundays and airs for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Once the episode has ended, feel free to discuss but please remember to denote spoilers with the tag above.

3. Discuss to your hearts content! Everything is free game past the two above rules.

These rules are simply so people don't get things ruined for them! Please follow them so others can enjoy the greatness that is Breaking Bad!
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. BipolarChemist

To start this off; a small questionnaire!

1. Who is your favourite character?

2. What is your favourite episode?

3. When did you start watching?

4. Are you caught up on the most recent episode?

5. ​How freaking excited are you for the finale?!?!
  3. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

OMG *bites fingernails

How on earth is he going to get got???
  4. BipolarChemist

UGH! I wish I had cable! I can't see this episode until it comes online.
  5. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

No spoilers in this video. But it will ruin Walt's "panache".

6. BipolarChemist

Oh god I've seen this, but it's still so good.

I remember watching Malcolm in the Middle a year ago and thinking this scene was the best thing I had ever seen.

Also, fun fact Aaron Paul was on The Price is Right!
  7. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

Wow. Such acting in that clip! Such drama! I bet he tried to dissolve Bob Barker in a barrel of acid after the show. HA!
  8. BipolarChemist

[5-15] I just got done watching the most recent episode and holy crap. It's all coming together! Walter's coming back to town!

Also I gotta say I loved the 'vacuum' sales guy. He was in Jackie Brown, such a great movie. Also, I like Walter with hair and a beard, kinda mountain man-y and hot.
  9. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

Hot if you are into homeless guys dying of cancer and depression, I guess.

I hope Jesse blows up the lab and takes Opie with him and all those others. How could Jesse ever recover from the ordeal he has been through?

And how about Jr? Wow has he manned up.

Very slow ep tho, not that that's a bad thing.
  10. Skjolde

Skjolde IncGamers Site Pal

1. I really liked Gus. Great actor and such a good character.

2. Really hard to choose. So many great episodes. Although, when Hank discovers Walts true identity, WOW. Great episode.

3. Right from the start.

4. lol

5. I'll say, I wouldn't be a Nazi...
  11. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Site Pal

1. Who is your favourite character?

Jesse. Pinkman.

2. What is your favourite episode?

S5 E 14 Ozymandias

3. When did you start watching?

Streamed through season 3, been watching live since season 4

4. Are you caught up on the most recent episode?

YES!!!!@#!@#!

5. ​How freaking excited are you for the finale?!?!

No words
  12. Bad Ash

Anytime you are in this thread just listen to this (no spoilers, maybe in the comments) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKvOvwXah3g

Spoilers [S5 E15]

This show is the greatest show in history of TV. The last seven episodes have cemented this fact and the only way they lose this is if they severely botch the finale. Ozymandias was the greatest episode of any tv show I've ever seen from start to finish. Just heart breaking. And last night Andrea was the most uncomfortable I've ever felt watching anything lol.

CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THIS SHOW?!
  13. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

BRILLIANT THREAD!!! HUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of the show right here!!!

1. Probably Jesse. I just feel more of a gravitation towards him. It might also be because I feel very Team Jesse right now and feel everyone needs to die. Except Jesse. XD OH! OH! what about Mike? Mike is (was. /sad face) ****ing awesome! He might be my second fave.

2. I don't know. I really like them all. I have favorite moments, but those aren't episodes. All? Lol.

3. I started watching a few years ago with Marahumm. He didn't finish the first season and we started watching. Never stopped. Might have been second season or third season sometime but I'm not sure.

4. **** YES!!

5. ****-EN-A!!!!!!

:rolf: That was the best thing I have seen in a while. Awesome!! Thanks!

I KNOW!! Like, I was watching last night and my down moment (I felt truly terrible for Jesse! I felt pain, anguish) was when they shot what's her name. And the most ****ed up thing wasn't even that! Old Neo Nazi Dude (don't know his name) was like, "Hey, calm down! We still have the kid." WTF?!

Seriously, Todd is the most polite serial killer you will meet. "Hey, this isn't personal." BANG! And creeeeepy!! Do you see how he is with Lydia? Ack!

I seriously hope everyone dies. Esp. Todd, his uncle (aka Old Neo Nazi Dude), that whole gang, Lydia, even Walt's friends who were like, "Yeah, the only thing Walt came up with was the name." Man, eff that! Kill 'em, Walt! Lol!!

Any theories on how this will end? Walt comes in blows Todd and Crew up and then it's a facedown between him and Jesse? Jesse kills Walt? Walt kills Jesse? Walt ends up dying of his lung cancer on the way there?!?! WE FIND OUT ON SUNDAY! SUNDAY!! SUNDAAAAAY!!

/monster truck advertisement voice

EDIT: Thank you, Bad Ash. Andrea was her name. Sad as ****, dude. Like, Jesse is having a huge dog pile of poop raining down on him. :(
  14. Bad Ash

Spoilers [S5 E15]

My prediction for how it ends with a LOT of caveats.

I have two theories with a third in parenthesis (Has Walt ever run a plan and been successful? He's the epitome of bumblin, stumblin meth dealer so no I don't expect him to learn how to fire an automatic rifle and be successful, but if he is...)

Theory 1:

The Ricin is for Lydia, the gun is for the nazis. When Walt watched the television broadcast of Grey Matter they say that his only contribution is to the name/color Grey. Demeaning his entire work and discrediting any real contributions he may have made. What is currently happening? He has one contribution to his meth empire right now: The color blue (similar to the color grey). Seeing that revived Heisenberg from the dead and he had a choice: Turn himself in and let his genius go to waste ala Grey Matter, or ensure that people remember his name. Heisenberg will do what Walt couldn't and make sure he isn't left in the dust for his contributions. Jesse will either kill Walt or kill himself.

Theory 2:

Walt takes the Ricin from the house just as a security measure if he is caught by the police but doesn't smoke it (I mean, the dude is dying of cancer, he shouldn't smoke it himself ever) and goes to reclaim his money and his empire as his final act. He gets the job done but is sloppy and gets shot to **** as well. Not knowing Jesse is still alive he hears screaming after wiping out the neo-nazi's. He crawls over, body filled with bullets, and rips the tarp off. He sees a beaten, destroyed Jesse. His last dying act is to pull the Ricin cigarette out of the pack and drops it through the gated cell in the ground to Jesse who strikes a match and inhales finally getting exactly what he wanted: Death to end his torment.

/scene
  15. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I haven's seen anything beyond season 4 or 5 (the last episode I've seen was about Walt and Pinkman hunting a fly in the lab), but I think Hank will find out Walt's secret during the first half of the season. Later he will arrange himself with it like Walt's wife did.

The series will end with the death of everybody who slided into sin during the time the series covered. Walt might die of cancer or he's been cured again, just to die violently like the others. Pinkman was in the business before and Walt's son will never find out, so I guess these two will survive.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  16. Skjolde

Walts take the Ricin before engaging with the Nazis. It is said that it takes some time to work (days), and he takes it because no matter what, he has nothing to live for.

^The above is so unbelievable, that I just had to write it down. I don't hope that the ricin is for Lydia, that **** was the reason the nazi dudes went to walts old house and threatened Skylar, although he doesn't know that now, he will realize that Skylar is in great danger, since Lydia doesn't believe Todd when he says, that she is safe. It needs to be personal and very up close.

And to be fair, Jesse should be the one killing Todd.
  17. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

I don't quite understand the sympathy for Jesse. I sympathize with him too, but it's against my will. As my hubby puts it, Jesse is just as much a piece of **** drug dealer as Walt is, but he cries a lot more about it and he's cute. But he has gone along with everything that Walt has done and, let's not forget, meth is a horrific drug that destroys people and communities and Jesse doesn't seem to have ever really tried to get out of it.

We can see that he comes from money and that his parents have tried really hard to save him and have had to give up on him. I thought that was very poignant, especially as I'm a parent myself - to have to turn your kid loose because you can do nothing to stop him from doing drugs or going bad.

I do find his arc interesting though. When we first meet him back in season 1, he is very "gangsta" - the silly website, the clothes that are too big, the silly way of talking. It's all very stylized, very posed, and very much in the image of a drug dealer. Now that he is actually in the real thing, it has destroyed him and there is no glamor in it at all. The higher up the food chain for drug lords, the less "cool" they are. Tuco was pretty in line with the gangsta image, but he was a rabid dog. Lydia is like a Harvard MBA student.

One theory is that Walt will poison her tea with the ricin - after all, the show has gone out of its way to point out her tea (chamomile with soymilk? she really is a monster!)
  18. Skjolde

I could imagine Walt putting ricin in Lydias tea, and after she drinks it, he sits down in front of her: "Hello Lydia".
  19. BipolarChemist

I disagree. Jesse is still a drug cook yes, but the one important difference between him and Walt is that Jesse shows remorse. Walt has been using him and controlling him, so Jesse's actions are more Walt's actions.

His parents did seem to try to help but the entire time they seemed to blame Jesse, just making him more pissed off and resentful towards them. Then they would flaunt his brother, the supposed 'good' one.

On why he hasn't left the drug trade, I guess that goes back a ways to him trying to find an actual job and coming up pretty empty. He's mostly uneducated and already in his late twenties, the world has basically begun to give up on him. And you may have noticed at this point, Jesse has had a lot of people give up on him, everyone except for Walt. Walt not giving up on him is what keeps dragging Jesse back in, not the money. Jesse has shown time and time again that he doesn't care too much about money at this point.

Finally, I think a lot of the sympathy for Jesse comes from the fact that out of all the ******* characters on this show, he's at least shows some remorse for the bad crap that he's done.
  20. BipolarChemist

[5-15] I think the ricin is for one of two people:

1. Lydia: Obviously poisoning her tea, but that may be a bit too obvious, which is why I'm more inclined to think it will be option two.

2. Jesse: Walt will give Jesse the ricin, giving Jesse the option to kill himself over cooking for the Nazi's.

I think Walt is too vain to kill himself, that or he is so vain that the only person that should be able to kill Heisenberg is Heisenberg. None-the-less I cannot wait for Sunday.

For the questionnaire:

1. Probably Skinny Pete and Badger, simply because they are freakin hilarious and I hope they make it out okay. My fav main character may be Skyler at this point. I used to hate her, but in this last season that has changed dramatically.

2. My favourite episode is probably Face/Off, the last episode of the 4th season. Oh god so good! Also Gus' Theme (Spoilers).

3. I started watching just when the second season had ended, when I first went to university. Ever since, I've been watching every week!

4. Uh Duuuh!

5. Words can't even express. I'm also pretty nervous and sad. I don't want it to end.