Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Legendary overdose

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Console' started by Scaboda, Sep 30, 2013. | Replies: 38 | Views: 3657

1. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

Well, let me start by saying i am primarily a console gamer. I am 29 years old have grew up with a controller in my hand since atari. With that out of the way...given the amount of my life i have dedicated to videogames should i get shortchanged on long term commitment because i am a "console gamer"?

The short answer is hell no. I am sick of getting handed legendaries because blizzard thinks that the casual market is in consoles and they want to hyperwarp you into massive dps so you can play wii bowling. I bought this game becausd i love the grind. I have lived for the grind. I purchase jrpg's because of you guessed it...the GRIND.

As of now i love d3. As of now im afraid i will be burnt out in another 30 hours because of the insane drops i receive so very frequently. I want to play this game years from now, if i am equipped with all legendaries, have 200k dps, easily burn through master 3 (already) only at paragon lvl 8 i just have to ask how much longer will this be fun?

For now im just going to lay in my own vomit with a needle dangling from my tied off arm with a steady flow of legendaries still streaming through my veins. Thanks blizz.....?????

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 4
  2. Lestat

Lestat IncGamers Member

While I get my share of legendary drops it's not often that it actually replaces what I am currently wearing. I'm only lvl56 and just hit Act 2 on hell mode.
  3. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

That is a really good point, im just upset with the loot 1.5 drop rate i guess.

4. Elly

Elly Administrator

When Blizzard were talking about the increase in quality of drops, reducing the whites, increasing legendaries etc I had a sneaking suspicion this might happen. That they'd over-compensate and treat the market as too casual and end up showering you with riches that end up sucking the sense of achievement out of item hunting.

How many hours have you clocked up?
  5. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

Id say i probably have 80 hours in but yeah i assumed that was gonna be the case as well. Its a good thing of course but i mean on the other hand its overkill. Idk hopefully with patches and more endgame it will resolve itself. I still have to hunt for set items so that will keep me entertained.

6. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

I just finished the game on Inferno and I have yet to find one single set item! I've done Inferno pretty much on Master I entirely, but: nothing! The Legendaries that I've found so far seem to be mostly jewelry and two-handed melee weapons (which I don't want to use on my Monk for role playing-ish reasons), so there's still plenty to be found for me.:thumbup:
  7. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

Ik right! Lol i just want a zuni set, i have a ring so far. I am actually glad they are low rate drops though, im gonna have a long farming session here soon i will post if i get lucky. Inferno m3 act 3 and FoM i believe.

8. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

On which console are you playing?
  9. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

Ps3 but offline unfortunately, i just got the infernal machine plans to drop about 3 minutes ago so that was sweet. Bout my 6th try

10. Lestat

Lestat IncGamers Member

Man had a good night last night...finally a bad *** one hander I think its the butcher axe with awesome min/max damage and life steal and my first legendary ring I can use. Has over 100 all stats with 90 resist all..

One thing I do hate and I assume it's related to smart loot is all the other legendary weapons that drop for me ALWAYS have int.

So much for trying to trade stuff for my wizard.

Know any barbs looking for a mighty 2 hander with huge int? Haha
  11. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

Yeah that does suck, it even makes gearing your followers a ***** unless you are matching main stat usefullness with them. Being a WD im running with a enchantress instead of the preferred templar because the odds of strength gear dropping are the same as the odds of a barb dying lol. Very slim

12. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Two things here.

1. The complaint about the Legendary glut. I get it, but you have to consider two factors here.

First, there is no AH. That means trading as a general rule will happen less frequently for a majority of players. As a result, these same players need to be able to find items that are useful for them and that keep the upgrade grind rewarding. Should it happen at a certain frequency? That's to each player's discretion, I suppose; we all have our different levels of threshold for grind.

However, the second point complicates the matter: All Legendaries can scale up. Now, imagine if the rate of Legendary drops was lower than what it currently is and you were searching for ONE specific Legendary ring. Do you know how many Legendary rings there are at end game now that they all scale up? My guess is probably in the 30s to 40s without going and actually calculating it. The game NEEDS to throw Legendaries at you so that this scenario isn't an endlessly frustrating one. With the droprates as they are, you'll see that ring that you want hopefully sooner than later and when you see it for the 3rd or 4th time, it will hopefully roll with the mods that you wanted.

2. The complaint about smart loot. You just lobbied a complaint initially that you're worried about your grind time being cut short. However, the, perhaps, unintended effect of smart loot actually INCREASES your grind. Want a sweet Strength based one hander for your Templar on your Demon Hunter, but only finding weapons with Dexterity? Alright, roll a Barbarian and have fun with him/her for a while until you get some sweet one handers in Inferno. Then head on back to your DH and revel in your Templar's new found might! Guess what? You just added another 20-30 hours to your playtime because you were that concerned about the gear on your follower. It may not be a "clean" solution, but it does sort of "ask you" to play the game more by utilizing other characters with a different main stat.

Just my two cents. Katniss out!
  13. Lestat

Lestat IncGamers Member

I do like the smart loot.. I hated D2 because I never got any good drops and hanging out in games just so little bobby could stop in and show me his insane gear for trade and just laugh and call me a noob.

at least this way I have a chance to get what I want..

please smart loot drop me a skorn with life steal.
  14. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

I understand how they must throw legendaries at your character relentlessly. I enjoy the game im not trying to downgrade it.
    As far as the followers go i wasnt really "that concerned" about them, it was just a random comment. Im actually playing right now so obviously i enjoy it good sir.
    Hardcore i think will be the key to holding my interest. The possibility of death is enticing, maybe thats why i smoke cigs lol...who knows

15. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

Im rootin for ya ;)

16. UnicronV

UnicronV IncGamers Member

3 things

First, part of the longevity in the console, in my opinion, is that because it's difficult to find legendaries for the other classes, now you're required to actually play them if you want the items. You can use int gear from 1 of the other int classes if that is your main, or the same for dex. Obviously strength, well you're a barb so you don't need good gear.

Secondly, the drop rate has picked up significantly since I hit paragon 6 and went into Master 2, in Stonefort with 3 stacks I found 3 legendaries (1 set piece) in about 5 minutes, stroke of luck yes, but still... Also first time this has ever happened (and I played over 900 hours of PC D3) I found 2 legendaries off the same pack... That was pretty awesome.

Lastly, the hardest part about finding gear for other chars is the loot arrow system, instinctively everything is junk if it has no green arrows, but if you look at each item regardless of arrows, you can typically find 1 or 2 per run that have the other stats.

1700k + sock + 600str Messerschmitd's reaver on my barb, 1450k Azurewrath on my enchantress. (It's been hard to gear her, but through careful watching I've found some decent int stuff.)
    Best run of A3 so far (Keeps/ToC>Witch/CoA>Boss/Stonefort) 7 legendaries M2 PLVL6
  17. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

Thats awesome getting multiple legendaries from a single mob! Im focusing on my hc monk now. Im p8 in softcore but its really became stale for me so i think im primarily gonna be playing hardcore. Build up my chest.

18. Nagafen

Nagafen IncGamers Member

The game becomes way too easy as a consequence of these hyperinflated drop rates. I was able to faceroll speedrun the entire game from scratch to Inferno Diablo without ever meeting the slightest challenge. You can handicap yourself by setting Master III or something, but that shouldn't be necessary right off the bat. I was burning down act bosses in ten seconds on progression runs, it's just beyond silly. I found a 1130 DPS one-handed weapon in Hell A2! Half an hour after starting Inferno, I found a 1600 DPS weapon in a vase! It very literally feels like you've activated cheat codes, and I really feel quite cheated. None of the reviews mentioned this at all, they only sang praise for the good controls and mechanics, which is true enough in and of itself. This excessive loot festival makes the game so easy that it's broken and unsatisfying.
  19. Scaboda

Scaboda IncGamers Member

Im with ya and agree completely. Although ive found that hardcore has made the game fun for me again. I dont even touch my p11 softcore wd anymore. Currently 42 monk in act 3 nightmare and i think the sense of danger alleviates some of the overcompensation of loot. Im only rolling hardcore now and i believe by the time its patched and RoS comes out alot of issues will be adressed and fixed. Until then have fun and play hardcore!!!

20. Lestat

Lestat IncGamers Member

I disagree on the difficulty setting though. That's what's suppose to make it challenging.

I play a somewhat off build but I'm just now in master 1 act3 and surviving fairly well.