Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lashing Tail vs Wave of Light

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Tikanjiah, May 13, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 5909

1. Tikanjiah

Tikanjiah IncGamers Member

Wondering if anyone had experience (or educated theory) on Lashing Tail Kick versus Wave of Light for aoe leveling? Wave of Light seems to pack a punch but looking at the spirit cost/time/dps ratio, is lashing tail better for grinding purposes? Difficult for me to judge based on the descriptions and people that seem to favor one over the other don't explain why.
  2. WhiteGiant

WhiteGiant IncGamers Member

for leveling purposes I am pretty much convinced that lashing tail kick is more convenient. Wave of Light covers alot of space but if you think about the dmg / spirit ratio is kinda horrible ;

also consider this, mobs that are able to die in a 1 single wave of light are likely no threat to you anyway, atleast at normal

so i rather pick out the bigger mobs out of the pack with lashing tail kick and be content with the collateral dmg it deals to the surrounding targets and punch the small ones faces in with generator along the way. that being said i think that wave of light is a horrible skill for the level you get it on ; but than again you don't get many skills as monk anyway so i guess thats a theme for the monk ...
  3. Autti

Autti IncGamers Member

we haven't seen the WoL runes yet, but Lashing tail kick with current information is better. 30vs75 spirit
  4. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

5. redrach

redrach IncGamers Member

Hmm, judging by that video Explosive Light might be good. It lacks the lengthy animation of the other varieties, and hits everything around you. Good combo with Cyclone Strike (if you have the spirit to afford it).

Sadly, I think LTK would still be better. Even Explosive Light costs 2.5x as much as LTK and does only ~1.4x the damage of unruned LTK. The only "disadvantage" of LTK is that it knocks away enemies it doesn't kill, which means it'll take longer to kill them. But even that can be avoided with Scorpion Sting.
  6. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

What the video doesn't really show you is that WoL has a huge range, about 25 yards. I think against huge mobs it will be the better choice.
  7. kizaru

kizaru IncGamers Member

IMHO only Empowered wave is better than LTK (hoping in holy dmg)
  8. Naxu

Naxu IncGamers Member

I don't like LTK. It's just not convenient to use for me :(

Actually running with Wave of Light (runed for AoE) atm. The spirit conversion is indeed pretty horrible, but my generators and Bladestorm cover my single-target damage completely, so i just use Bladestorm and Wave of Light to cover my aoe needs.

Actually aiming for a build with really high Spi generation, so that i can use Wave of Light more often. Full screen knockback and damage is really powerful in both offense and defense.