Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Laptop question

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by Odency, Mar 22, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 1210

1. Odency

Odency IncGamers Member

Laptop question

Hey, i have no clue about pc systems so i found a laptop at a low price about 600$ and gonna buy only for playing D3.Can i run it at high settings or go for better pc maybe desktop?And for gaming u recommend laptop?And for desktop i got ATI Radeon HD 6510 ..is it any good for D3 or need upgrade?Thanks for your answers

laptop system is:

HP
    AMD A6 3400M Apu (1.4 Ghz, 4Mb)
    AMD radeon HD 6540G2 1GB
    4GB memory
    640gb harddisk
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  2. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Re: Laptop question

"Laptop" and "gaming" should almost never go into the same sentence together unless there's a "not" in between them. Unless you really need portability, do not buy a laptop for D3. For that kind of money, you can buy or put together a great desktop that will outperform the laptop by miles.

That said, looking at the supported video cards list alone, the 6540 might be able to run the game on low-medium settings. 1.4GHz on the processor is pretty low though, so not at all sure how it will run with that.
  3. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Your not going to get 70 fps on high setting with a laptop unless you spend a lot more than you are.
    Dell/alienware make some good laptops for games.

I have a dell xps 15
    intel i5 2.3
    Nividia 525m "nividia cards run blizz games best"
    4GB RAM
    720p 1366x768

D3 beta runs at 70fps on low setting on my laptop and 25-30 on high settings "you need at least 60 for smooth gameplay"
    To be honest the quailty difference between low and high is not a lot, in fact I prefer the low settings, everything has a more soft look to it and its easier on the eye.

Check out systems around my spec and the 11" Alienware with a 540m is an awsome little machine.
    If you could see running on my laptop on low settings you'd be impressed.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  4. Odency

Odency IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot for answers...they were really helpfull...then i m gonna go for desktop.
  5. hucca

hucca IncGamers Member

Good desicion. Laptop + gaming is a no-no.