Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder reset?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jampot, Apr 8, 2013. | Replies: 27 | Views: 5747

1. jampot

jampot IncGamers Member

Apologies if this has already been asked or answered anywhere on the forums. Does anyone know if/when the ladder is going to reset? If the last one was in November, surely it's soon?

Many thanks.
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

It should be soon. May 6 or later.
  3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

So, with only a month to go, you better prepare yourself! Empty those useless mules, gather up on ladder-only material and practise with friends to get a headstart on the new ladder!
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Im planning on farming NM Meph within 12 hours! ;)
  5. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

I think the top priority would be to get any character to complete the hell meph quest, then stop working on that one and build up a blizz sorc to get to hell a3 with the durance wp. Then you create a game with that first char, and collect that hell meph quest drop repeatedly with the blizz sorc.

The other option would be to build a classic sorc up so you can start rushing level 1 chars in classic to the hell hellforge and collect mass rune drops. You should be able to build a Call to Arms in a few weeks of doing that casually.
  6. Dawnmaster

You're intriguing, so I'll ask, why NM Meph and not Hell Meph? Teleport goes roughly equally fast and the killing only differs a second or 2?
  7. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Oh a ladder reset? I just started playing again... Do we have any concrete info on this or is this just speculation?
  8. Dawnmaster

Iirc it used to be 9-15 months, now it's every 6 months, last reset was around 6 november, so next will be around 6 may.
  9. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Its far more dangerous and takes longer to find the entrance to Durance of Hate lvl 3, in Hell. And getting through hell takes alot longer than NM.
    And since Im aiming for a pure Cold build.. Ill have problems there!

But its actually alot of fun doing NM Meph, he can drop the items that I want the most. (Goldwrap, Chanceguards, Tarnhelm, Oculus etc..)

Peace
  10. Selexin

Selexin IncGamers Member

Yeh he can drop quite a lot of helpful and valuable gear in nightmare, including but not limited to:

• Arreat's Face
    • Buriza-Do Kyanon
    • Gore Rider
    • Guardian Angel
    • Herald of Zakarum
    • Homunculus
    • Lidless Wall
    • Shaftstop
    • Skullder's Ire
    • The Oculus
    • The Stone of Jordan
    • Titan's Revenge
    • Vampire Gaze
    • War Traveler
    • Waterwalk

Frankly, you can equip most characters to be hell viable with the gear from NM Mephisto alone. This list is just a quick list of exceptional uniques, there are also some great set items and elite items available. Throw a bunch of this gear on a bowazon and you could safely cruise through the game (not necessarily super quickly).

Can't wait for the reset, probably going to tempt fate and roll on hardcore :). If anyone on US West is keen for a run on hardcore at reset, I play at nights Australian time. PM me.
  11. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I'll play again next Ladder I think. I can't start properly until after June 16th though. I still haven't made a good Javazon or an Ice Bowa, so I figure I'll give D2 one last run and then give it up for good. I'd rather watch paint dry than try and play D3... I still can't put my finger on it, but the game seems soulless somehow. Less than the sum of its parts - while D2 is the total opposite, even its flaws approaching feature status (like the cube bug and whatnot). Not to say I wouldn't like to see, say, the manaburn bug finally fixed after 12 years, but hey, I'm just glad they've kept the servers running all those years.
  12. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Miss you at etf mate! ;)

Ill be playing ladder 12 aswell. So if you want a small headstart when you can join in, just send me a pm! :nod:

CANT WAIT FOR RESET!! GAAAH! :jig::jig::jig:
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  13. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Tbh I haven't traded there in ages, and I probably won't except for some specific items. I find Bnet trading is faster, and my skin is thick enough to yell 'LOL NOOB!' right back at 'em. It's just faster to find good deals there, or, erm, rip people off (as some might put it). (Not that I don't get ripped off just as often.)

Any plans for an Etf-exclusive party? I do have time to play for about a week after reset (if it's indeed May 6th as rumored). After that I'll be biking lady Finland from head to toe, and it's a little hard to use a mouse while biking... Although for a fresh stint of D2 I did consider it for a brief while. :D

QFT, except you forgot to add the customary jig smiley, or rather the usual regiment: :jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig: I'll let it slide this time, if you'll add an extra jig at the time of the next reset. :p

(Don't you people ever forget that it was *I* who took the initiative in reinstating
    de djig
    after it was callously and carelessly removed by some non-jiggamagistic personage, a *conspirator* against all things jiggy! Aren't you thankful?! Can you jig it? I knew you could. :smug::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig: (Some might say I've too much time on my hands, but there's never enough time to jig! :jig::jig::jig:;))
  14. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

What do you ride? Bicycle wise? Im quite a veteran when it comes to DBiking myself.
  15. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Dbiking? As in... 'Dirt biking'? (Can't think of anything else.) My bike has no motor in it, just plain old feet and pedals. Makes it even harder to play D2, but hey, if we landed on the Moon... :D

In case I'm wrong and you mean bicycles too (or ride them as well), I just bought a new Kona Sutra. After biking 600 km last year on an old Tunturi 'everyman's bike' towing a huge cart, I decided to invest in gear a bit before my next trek. This one will be 1400 km; hopefully I can make it. Biking's addicting in that you want to make longer and longer trips. I don't care about speed all that much; I like to take my time and admire the views. I think I've seen most that Finland has to offer though: there are just too many forests here to my liking. I'll probably go abroad next time, although hauling the bike along in one piece might be a bit of a conundrum.

Btw are there any routes you can recommend? In Sweden maybe, as it's right next door and I've been eyeing Google Maps already. Seems much prettier in the southern parts than here. I guess it's a matter of perspective; if I was born there, I'd probably not bat an eye to the views. I'm sure a Saharan would be slack-jawed with awe in Finland. ;)
  16. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I meant Dirt Biking, and no!, no engines! ;)

I did a Stockholm-Malmö Tour 4 summers ago(About 700+km), and Southern sweden(Skåne) is sooo Beautiful during early summer!
    Theres not much forests down there mate! Just acres and a few old buildings scattered over miles and miles.. sigh*.. Really beautiful.

Ive also done some biking at the border to Norway, a bit south of "Stjørdal" and the nature there.. Cant explain it!

I made those expeditions with an older Scott Z1 Dirt Bike. But I now own a hybrid instead. (Scott Venture) Been doing less terrain the last few years.

What a beautiful world we live in!
    I really wish for summer now! Here its raining like theres no tomorrow! :)
  17. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Humm I thought dirt biking referred only to the motor sport. That's what you get for trusting Google! :) (Why can't I open the smiley list? These smilies are... Inadequate.) Motor travel is too fast (and noisy) for my taste, while walking's too slow and boring. Biking otoh is just the right speed for me.

So it's probably 'maastopyöräily' in English (not sure if you know any Finnish). I haven't really tried it; many say that once you move from asphalt to nature paths, there's no going back. Personally I prefer to ride smoothly and admire nature from afar. I hate bugs of all kinds and I'm afraid of wild animals. Really the only thing about asphalt riding that I dislike are the constant truck barrages. In Finland there are hardly any cycle lanes outside the big cities, and in many places the roads are worn down at the edges and have narrow space to bike on. I had to give up my brand new bike cart after facing too many dangerous situations. Ofc my bike wasn't exactly properly balanced, but still.

Thank you for the recommendations; I've been thinking of southern Sweden, definitely. Lake Mälaren west of Stockholm looks heavenly in the Summer pictures. I guess I could bring my bike over on the ferry, then head south from there. Maybe go all the way to Copenhagen, see lake Vänern and/or Vättern on the way.

I agree that the world is a beautiful place. Too beautiful really to do anything but travel. I wish I had started earlier, and had unlimited money. Oh well, best make every trip count then.

To think about how many kms I could've biked instead of playing D2 is a bit depressing... But I guess it's just a different kind of journey in the end.

Edit: Don't you dare complain about the weather there! :p We Finns have endured the longest winter in 30 years, and now I'm told the little patch of warm air that was headed this way will most likely stay over Sweden and the Baltics. Really I wish global warming would hurry up so there'd be no more snow here.
  18. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Hahah! But I do prefer snow over rain! ;)

You have my best wishes for your eventual journey! :nod:

EDIT: The smilies button doesnt work anymore for me either!
  19. Dawnmaster

Dang, I ride to work everyday by bicycle and back (10km up and 10back), and go shopping and all (up to 20km, in any weather I might add), and people call me crazy, but I feel like a n00b when I see numbers like 1400 km... :badteeth:

EDIT: sofar I haven't regretted any moment I spent on D2, if anything, I wish I could've spend more time with nice people (my flist seems to be offline quiet a lot these days...)
  20. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Actually, I did about 42km/day traveling between home and my last job. Only during the season though. (April-Oktober)
    And that was just the way back and forth to my job!
    I also had at least 2hours of training, 5 Days a week. And a 3-4 hours terrain training every Saturday aswell.

I think I made about 400km/week at that time.

Nowadays, family, dogs, and another job makes it impossible to exercise that much! (Resulting in an additional 10kilos of weight..) ;)