Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder reset announced! Hell yeah! 26 november!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Archone, Nov 14, 2013. | Replies: 18 | Views: 3149

1. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

That means I have a little under 2 weeks to get me a decent computer ^^

As for the date, they couldn't have picked a worse date!
    (reset usually occurs around 00h30 in Belgium, I have to get up at 04h30 to get ready for work...)

Guess I won't be getting/needing any sleep if I want to kick in those first 4 hours ^^
    Perhaps I can squeeze another extra half hour orso if I use the car to get to work (otherwise bike :p )

But in anyways, very pleased!
  3. Grobe

Grobe IncGamers Member

Sort of mixed feelings, actually. After playing the last few ladders, I think the ladder duration is too short if you're not 'trading' for high runes. I'm lucky if I can get together a Jah, a Ber and another couple of other highest runes in that time, and that's with some serious playing hours put in. I missed a month or two of this last ladder, so I've only been half-playing as I knew there wouldn't be enough time to do much. In that respect I'm glad of the reset I suppose, but I think this next will be my last. Too many dupers and bots, and people pretending to be legit whilst trading dozens of high runes and uber gear.
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

@Dawnmaster, Im sry to hear that! But theres plenty of stragglers this ladder reset aswell, no doubt! To play with I mean! ;)
    Fyi, your accounts are up to date! :thumbup:

@Grobe, players that feel like playing ladder, like myself, only enjoys it for a few months. This ladder I enjoyed for a whole 10-12 weeks! (sarcasm)
    It was ridicolously easy to get high runes, so I was done with my characters by then!

If you think the ladder season are too short, and refuse to trade for high runes (understandable), then why not play SP? I play that 2-3 hours a week. And I love it!!
    Also, Non Ladder is just one long never ending ladder season. Its not even hard to get the ladder only runewords there.

Im about to create a thread, gathering peeps for some ladder reset team. If enough players are interested, and if I feel like it, Ill join aswell! Last ladder completion, took 12 hours.. And I started of with a Conviction PAladin. Which was a mistake, so this ladder reset, Im sticking with my plan on making the perfect reset Static/Teleport Sorc instead! ;)

Beating my own record at 6h 45min, to beat the game, will be impossible! But 8-9 hours should be no problem! :jig:

Peace and love
  5. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

Yes it is to short for self-found casual. 6 month ladder works for:

1. hardcores (people who play a TON) who trade.
    2. hardcores who are self found.
    3. casuals who trade.

However, there is a playstyle for casual self found and a lot of people do it! Non ladder! There are tons and tons of non-ladder players. There are usually lots of games going on in that bracket. What a lot of self found casuals like to do is assume their non ladder account is their "main account", and they play ladder seasons to acquire ladder only runewords for that account when the season ends.

Once you adopt that mindset, the pressure is off and you can enjoy the game a lot better imo.
  6. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

Yay finally! Oh wait it's after my week vacation:ponder:
    @ Grobe: consider myself a casual and got a Jah + Ohm last ladder selffound (beside heaps of other highrunes they threw at me for scraps). 6 months is OK, lets pray for a dupebot-calm Ladder with Jah/Bers for +15 Ists to keep the game intresting longer
  7. Andyhasit

Andyhasit IncGamers Member

Why a two weeks warning? They are late of the 6 month deadline already..
  8. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Blizzcon what I heard.
  9. Vindici

Vindici IncGamers Member

Hmm, I've already given my stuff away to the needy and now I kinda have a withdrawal. Which is a good thing. The longer the wait, the fresher the impressions. Looking forward to playing at the start of a season for the very first time. I wonder, will 40 pg still be worth an Ist?
  10. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

I'm going into this with a new mindset, a new philosophy of d2. We have to strive for higher loot than your old fashioned shakos and common rw's. We should be after those insanely good items like perfect uniques, perfect eth items, godly rares, blue items that grant the most skill bonuses possible for particular builds, and all those wonderful sc's (which I think should become the new currency because every class wants a huge inventory of godly charms). There are ways of forcing these higher end treasures out of the game. After ten years, there are no excuses; so much knowledge exists now on how to farm, become overpowered with cheap gear, etc. It's time to create a new league, gathering items that are timeless. Everything else must go!

I've developed a method of farming 40 pgems per hour of play (no trading needed) which I tested years ago. I will use this to roll at least one of the coveted artisan's tiaras. You can calculate how long it should take to get one using knowledge that's been available for years. I also have a list of strict rules, like one mule only, one character only, toss certain socketed items if I fail to trade them in one game, no standing around waiting for Baal waves (seriously, you could be clearing many screens of baddies in the total time spent with a thumb up your *** in the throne room), etc. I've also made and memorized a flowchart for my one character, showing what cheap rw's to make every few levels for early progression, specifically what to keep, etc.

Needless to say, I'm psyched.
  11. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

My mf'er last ladder ended up at lvl 96. She didnt even do 10 Baal runs in total in hell. ;)
  12. Grobe

Grobe IncGamers Member

@Archone - yeah I know SP can be okay - I used to play it a lot waaay back. But what drew me back into the game after many years was the promise of new runewords, many of which turned out to be ladder-only. I've only managed to make a couple of these in the last few seasons.
    I forgot to mention that I only play hardcore characters, which may explain to some of you why the season is too short for me. I do play a lot of hours, but the extra caution and higher life requirements for HC, along with the occasional lost character make it very difficult to amass many High runes (Lo and up - I find plenty of Ists). The trouble with HC is that it's much more addictive than SC and makes SC seem kind of pointless (to me at least), so there's no going back!

I coped up until this last season, but this last one has been pretty bad: the GBR channels have been full of Level 1 amazon bots with catchy names like 'AFXFGSTSDTWFDYUA' (I counted over sixty of them yesterday filling the first 4 chat channels almost completely) so that you can't even find the few other players. I find it difficult to believe that anyone at Blizz is even looking at D2 Bnet these days. The only popular games left are normal-level 'Enchantobot' games...

Oh well, enough griping. It's just that I still see D2 as one of the very best games out there after all these years (and yes I think it's still better than D3), and it hurts to see it still beset by so many problems simply because of greed and cheating.
  13. kmathieson

kmathieson IncGamers Member

For me, just going to enjoy the fun :) Very casual player.. Most often couple of hours a week. Always a challenge to even get one of the nice runewords... If it were too easy, we'd all give up!!
  14. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

Tbh, I never made it past 96; it gets tiring from 96-97, and I could never stand Baaling. The drops have been lessened, and it's a whole lot of waiting around. This ladder I hope to get further perhaps by joining bot games and finding places to clear solo.
  15. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

I've signed up on the player matchup thread :thumbsup:

Just finished installing D2X and am ready for a little training, after all, it's been a while ^^
  16. Andyhasit

Andyhasit IncGamers Member

Anybody playing europe classic hc? My account is Andy. you can add that when reset begin
  17. HolyDiverDiablo

HolyDiverDiablo IncGamers Member

18. Zoi

Zoi IncGamers Member

LoD: EUHCL.

If by "classic", you mean vanilla or original D2 (sans LoD), no dice!
  19. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Nevermind, wrong thread!