Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Key of hate"?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Ariadne, Apr 21, 2013. | Replies: 26 | Views: 5553

1. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

Probably embarrassing, but I'll ask anyways.

Single play as usual, my amazon is the only one who's ever gotten this far at Hell level: she's just killed the Summoner. Yay me.

Now the Summoner dropped a "key of hate". What the blazes is that? I cannot trade it, so it says. Cain is very unhelpful too. And at first glance I can't find anything useful on the Arreat Summit.
    So - what do I do with it?

2. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Keys (There are three of them that drop from 3 different bosses), are used on the realms to open red portals to the mini ubers (which then leads to the ubers themselves). However the ubers are only available on the realms over battle.net, without installing a mod that isn't approved here. So in single player, they serve no purpose other than to take up space.

3. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

That's quick! Thank you!
    So if they're useless why do they drop in a single player game?! Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston pie.

4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Maybe like a teaser? They did want you to play online. Thats why Ladder only rw's exist.

5. Pyrotechnician

They might have thought about allowing single player to complete the ubers at some point, but it was never implemented. I think they drop though because they were built into the drop possibilities of those bosses and they just applied it to everything (i.e. lazy coding).

6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

A few years ago, someone created an uber version for SinglePlayer. I know, because my bro tried it out.

The Uber versions however, did not act like they do on Bnet. And so took away alot of fun killing them.
    Since they couldnt spawn minions, and spawned too far away from eachother to be able to work together.

Sry for that mod talk!

Peace and love

7. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

Hmpf. If they wanted me to play online, they should have made the battlenet better. Despite a good internetconnection it kept throwing me out, and I could never find players to play with (of the sort that aren't miles ahead of me leaving me baffled and feeling small).

The idea that they wanted Singles to play Ubers but never got round to it makes sense.
    Thanks for clearing it up everyone!

Not sure what to do with this useless item. Can't trade it. Nobody wants it. Maybe I'll drop it at Gheeds, he might pick it up when no one's looking.

8. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

:worship:

But you can always consider playing with a closed group of friends from here? And when they're not online, you can still solo private games?

9. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

I wouldn't know where to start! I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't understand any of the on-topic Diablo topics. Every single forum just confuses me further - every bit of text just makes me wonder what the hell everyone is on about. I've often wondered if it's about the same game, at all.

10. Pyrotechnician

If you wanted to, you could vist the single player forum. It has a Multiplayer subforum in which people play together using either IP addresses or Hamaichi, but it hasn't been extremely active other than some Hardcore players like myself.

11. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

I done that, esp during my earlier days on this forum, and I couldn't understand a single bit of what anyone was on about. To spare myself humiliation and to make myself not feel even smaller than I already do, I never returned.... *embarrassed*

12. Pyrotechnician

Well, then you can just do multiplayer with me! Its easy I swear!

P.S. You play hardcore mode right? :p Kidding.

13. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

You have magic powers that stop that endless "your connection has been unconnected" or something like that? Cos I got that a lot too.

And there's the stupidity of killing a monster in spot A and the loot shows up in spot B, the odd few miles off.

But thanks for the offer.

However, despite you having me blush over ending up in your sig, the quote it is not mine. As usual, and I might aswell say this before Bob does, it's by the great Terry Pratchett.

14. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

LAN playing is so much more stable than Bnet play. Closer to SP then bnet actually.

15. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

Oh hang on. LAN mode etc, is that that multiplayer option? Aye, done that. My ex bf (who I used to play with at times) called that "multinerding".

16. oup

oup IncGamers Member

i am using tunngle and its pretty good. i played every game over tunngle with friends or whoever. lan/single play is the mod for me.
    internet is mostly for the competitive play. those days are over for me. i like to compete in more family oriented environment :D
    too bad they didnt implement more of diablo2 stuff into this. side quests etc..it couldnt be that hard. if like that guy said, some folks created a mod, how the hell the designers could do something legit to keep us entertained. oh well...
    i am saving those keys just in case *sips coffee*

17. fudoshin

fudoshin IncGamers Member

hmm i stopped bn playing too. it was because of spam bots and other bots, lags, rerolls etc. and when i though it over and wanted to play again i decided not to start because i haven't too much time now (as previously had) . so if ldr reset happens, few days later i will be in a1- a3 normal and rest of bn players will be exping in hell brs :( it is connected with lazy players which are asking for rush few days after reset, just cheating and easy playing. nothing for me. i like game and i like playing. i like change but not the same chars, the same builds, similar gear, reset after reset. and trading, trading, trading and then little bit of playing. i like to play, drop something, use it and build up builds in accordance with drops. and in middle time of ldr maybe some trading for improving gear and start with favourite or unusual build. but i didn't mention the biggest realm playing killer: horrible short ladder. i can't accept it for many reasons. and if blizz piss me off so i piss on bn. and because nl is usualy empty i prefer sp. but unfortunately i don't like lonely playing, so i play this "best of best" game very rarely :(
    edit: but i feel warm enough to start again after quite long break :yes:

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  18. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

I am beginning to think I know the answer -

Duriel just dropped a "Twisted Essence of Suffering". Does the same apply to that as with that key of hate business?

19. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

20. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

Ok, that link told me what respecing is. Golly. But with Akara already offering me to relocate my skillpoints, what can I do with this essence? It didn't come with a manual.