Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just started HC should I skip crafting for now?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by liquid_mage, May 22, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 788

1. liquid_mage

liquid_mage IncGamers Member

Hello All,

I just started HC and had a question about crafting. Should I skip crafting until i get a bit more established? It takes a decent amount of gold to level crafting. Am I better off vendoring my blues for now to buy weapons, a socketed helm, and the best ruby I can afford from the AH. Then level crafting after I hit 60? What do you guys think?

First HC barb died at level 15 on MP3, two poison dropping trees and a bunch of goat men trapped me in a corner. Started the second barb right after.
  2. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

Definitely yes in my opinion. crafting other than the new recipes suck. When you hit 60 you might want to accumulate a little gold before trying it as you can spend millions without making something remotely decent. I have spent more than 20m crafting and only have around 5 pieces of gear that are upgrades. Shoulders of Vitality were the first thing i crafted.
  3. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

It is usually cheaper to forgo leveling anything the 1st time through HC unless you are going self found/iron born. At 60 you can sell tomes, gems, and find more than enough gold to level your blacksmith & jeweler. Vendor blues unless they are high tri stat rings or ammies and sell any yellow with main stat & vit and weapons if they have those and sockets. The nice thing about HC is the leveling market is ripe with buyers so with a bit of luck and Auction House FU you should be sitting on a couple mill by the time you hit 60 and be ready for inferno.
  4. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

Since you indicated you are using the Ah then the answer is yes, Skip crafting for now.
  5. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

When i level my characters i usually stop at some areas to run them a few times. like crypt of the ancients. increase the MP as you feel secure and you can easily go from 8 to 15 there and progress from there with socketed items. A2 i just run through til i get to vault of the assassins and to the same there until level 25 when i usually get laze and have a friend kill diablo so i can go to NM. :)

I would not recommend this the first time around though. When i first started i played the first 2-3 toons all the way through and from time to time glimpsed at the benchmarks in the sticky.
  6. Artemis

Artemis IncGamers Site Pal

If using the auction house, salvaging and selling the mats (at least in Normal) will yield more gold.