Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Jilted user "No Characters were found"

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by adastra, May 4, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 2351

1. adastra

adastra IncGamers Member

Jilted user "No Characters were found"

You know, I'm glad this forum exists. I have felt unsung through the entire beta process for D3.

Why?

Diablo is the ONLY game i play. That's right ... I said it. I never played WOW or startcraft. I'm just not interested at all.

I've been playing since D1 and logged more hours into those games over the last 15 years than i care to admit. Yet, I never got the beta invite. WTF?!

And, then, I had to sit and watch people on the Battle.net forums talking about it and I couldn't even chime in or discuss it. because why?

"No characters found" at the top right corner of their forum web page..

Yet, I had registered D2 with Battle.net. Why weren't diablo players good enough for the battle.net forums?

Are there any others here that only play Diablo and sat by watching people celebrate;talking about the beta for the last few months waiting for an invite that never came?

One would think that Battle.net would go through their account holders looking for those who ONLY have a diablo 2 registered(not a wow or sc) and make sure that those people get the beta first. but, no ... nothing. What a D slap in the face.
  2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Re: Jilted user "No Characters were found"

Beta tests are for testing games not rewarding fans.
  3. fnwc

fnwc IncGamers Member

You're taking this way too personally.

Chill out, the game is out in 2 weeks! You should be ecstatic, like me. :cloud9:
  4. Tryzx

Tryzx IncGamers Member

I've done exactly the same thing as you. Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 (I still sometimes play D2) were the only games I played (except good old Nintendo games). I've spent so much time on those, and still no beta invite. But I don't really care because I still played in the open beta weekend and the game is coming soon. And now I even think that I shouldn't have played the beta that weekend, because the wait is so much longer now.
  5. qOcOp

qOcOp IncGamers Member

1st problem is u dont have sc2 or wow. so blizz knows u havent invested as much money to them.
  6. kazyn

kazyn IncGamers Member

lol, you think you're important cause you played a game or two? Buzz off *****.
  7. KrullKitty

KrullKitty IncGamers Member

Adastra, I understand your feelings, I am in the same boat. Played D2 for many years, own other Blizzard titles, did not get a Beta Invite and can not post on the D3 forum either.

Luckily this excellent forum exists and the folks here are just as dedicated to the game as those on the Blizzard owned forum.

I simply focus on other things while I wait for D3 to go live. There are so many other distractions like SecondLife,
    and Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX), among other things, that I can do to keep me occupied while I wait.

My logic tells me that there were many others who did not get into the Beta either so I don't think the choices
    made by Blizzard were intentional. I agree that they could have applied a better methodology for choosing
    beta testers but with just over a week left I think it's safe to say that you will be happy when you can finally
    play to your hearts content like myself.

I can relate to how you feel, but take heart, you will soon be playing for hours and hours :)
    The folks in Beta were also getting knocked with frustrations that I don't think I would have
    enjoyed myself, like server outages and updates etc...

I am sending waves of happiness in your direction, don't feel bad, please feel happy that we
    will all be in game very soon and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I and all the other folks
    on this forum will!

This frustration serves to demonstrate how dedicated and excited you are about this game,
    like so many of us are!

Be happy friend, be happy :)
  8. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Site Pal

Its just luck sadly, not personal. Doesnt matter how many games your account is registered for
  9. Blackstream

Blackstream IncGamers Member

I had sc2 so I was able to post, but also I preordered d3 which gave me a second way to post. Either method should have worked.
  10. Darkmere

Darkmere IncGamers Member

Spoiler alert: Not everything in life is the way you want it.

I have every blizz game except WC3, no invite. Friend of mine has never touched anything but wow. Got beta invite, wouldn't install it.

Awesome, right?
  11. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

the beta's over
    you've had 7 months to complain
    why complain now
  12. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

I know how you feel. I've been playing starcraft, diablo, and wow for years. I didn't get a beta invite, BUT that open beta was AMAZING. It's like all the packed feelings got to explode in 3 days of super fun that everyone (assuming your not busy) could do.
  13. Eagle

Eagle IncGamers Member

WoW + SC2 didn't help with getting in the beta either.

D2 users can't post because the whole B.Net 2.0 forum system is tied to B.Net 2.0 games. D2 just isn't part of that system.
  14. adastra

adastra IncGamers Member

Well guys, Thanks to all those who were cool enough to co-misserate with me. I do feel better just being able to write back and forth with a bunch of other Diablo heads. So, I'm glad this forum exists. To be honest ... I haven't checked this site for a long time and got frustrated a week ago and thought I would look to see how good ole diabloii.net was doing. And look what happened. I found a forum that's pretty cool.

I can't wait for D3. I am literally trapped in the house day and night anyway ... So, it'll be perfect for me when it finally arrives. I pre-ordered a copy through game stop and I'm hoping for a midnight pick-up on the day it's released.
  15. nailertn

nailertn IncGamers Member

Beta invite I can understand. But battle net forum access? Five minutes spent there and I suddenly feel like moving to a desert island as far away from humanity as possible.
  16. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

If that's the case, I would highly recommend trying some other computer games ;) Since you say you've never played anything else. There are some excellent games out there in a wide variety of genres, and I am sure something would tickle your fancy!

17. adastra

adastra IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice. My friends keep trying to get me to play other games; I lose interest in seconds. Also, I get sea sick from playing 'first person shooters.' So, they've never been an option for me.

I saw a commercial for a game coming out called R.A.W. (Realms of Ancient War) It's looking like the only thing I might be interested in playing but ... it does look like a rip on Diablo. So, how good could it be? It'll most likely feel like an afterthought by comparison.

18. KrullKitty

KrullKitty IncGamers Member

Give Secondlife.com a try, there is tons to discover, it's not a game per se, it's more of a virtual social environment, but very interesting none the less :)
  19. GetMerked

GetMerked IncGamers Member

Ya... I've played the following Blizzard games (in this order):

Warcraft
    Diablo
    Warcraft 2: The Tides of Darkness
    Diablo II
    Starcraft
    Diablo II Lord of Destruction
    Warcraft III Reign of Chaos
    Warcraft III The Frozen Throne
    World of Warcraft
    World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade
    World of Warcraft The Lich King
    Starcraft II
    World of Warcraft Cataclysm

....and I didn't get a BETA invite either.
  20. nailertn

nailertn IncGamers Member

No Lost Vikings, Battle Chess or Blackthorne? Well there is your problem then.

For actual beta TESTING, your gaming history is irrelevant. If you consider the beta a promotional tool, it is pretty obvious they got you hooked good already.