Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

JELLY'S PRO FOH BUILD- using griswalds set!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Jelly, Mar 15, 2006. | Replies: 18 | Views: 1573

1. Jelly

Jelly IncGamers Member

JELLY'S PRO FOH BUILD- using griswalds set!

hi im Jelly, My account on Useast softcore ladder is Just_Jelly I am going to tell you my idea for a great foh paladin.

First this paladin is going to be using griswalds set, this set gives some nice all out bonuses for this type of a build.

First of all in the complete griswalds set you get 12 sockets to put whatever you want in. For this foh build i recommend putting all light facets in the armor/helm/weapon- maximum 45%light/-45% resist, i recommend putting all ums in the shield so you can get around 100+ resists in the shield, torch, anni, and anyas, +maras for the ammy should get you to max resists for stacked.

also, in this "BM" build i also recommend using hotspurs for fire sorcs, and tgods for light characters, for rings use 2x stones of jordan or 2x ravens, for gloves probably bloodfists for fhr or frostburns for extra mana- you will be charging and fohing alot so you need alot of mana,

another thing i would like to talk about is max block, this is very good for a paladin and very easy to get for this build, you get some +dex as part of the set bonuses in griswalds, and holy shield plus the +20% increased chance of blocking on griswalds shield helps you get this with ease, tank bowzons get them in chargelock and foh them like no tommorrow with max block! you also get the +65% faster block rate on griz shield!

for skills you want to max FOH, HOLY SHOCK, HOLY SHIELD, AND CONVICTION, i recommend putting one point into salvation and putting the rest into smite or charge.

Well this is all i have to say about this build, have fun making it, people may call you cheap but just say to them "lol its just a game" the only problems you have with this build are probably druids, or if people can stack light res enough, but it will be tougher because all of those light facets ^.^,

o yea for charms if you can get pcombats or just get small resists or life charms, have fun making this build, leave me feedback on how you think this build is!

o yea i also forgot to talk about stats, put as much into str to use gear, enough into dex for max block- which you probably wont need too, and put all into vita, and for energy keep it base, also griswalds isnt bad for smiting if they have stacked you since the weapon has 60% ias.

o yea! you could also get an act 3 glitch merc and charge around and foh, youd be the biggest bm around LOL

*I NEED TO READ THE FORUM RULES*
  2. godofgods

godofgods IncGamers Member

right i have me pala ready and gonna stat him like u said, i have griz set too so i'm flying and its all socked with 5/5 light facets, i have sc's with res to max me
    1 question m8
    whats an act 3 glitch merc?
  3. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

a3 glitch is when he has 2x offensive auras on such as dream helm / shield / dragon armor / hoj.
    take off hoj and reequip it and his aura stacks, keep doing this for a while and he'll be pretty damn powerful. very nasty with conviction on.
  4. kingdryland

kingdryland IncGamers Member

Is this pvp? While it can have success in pubbies, vs serious absorbers you'll be left without teleport and damage reduction... And you can edit your posts until one hours after you first issued them,you don't have to bump one post after the other.
  5. MegaFlame

MegaFlame Banned

But no many people have mass absorb.
  6. Jelly

Jelly IncGamers Member

feedback anyone?
  7. Jelly

Jelly IncGamers Member

this is basically to own pubbys, really no pubbys have stacked res and sorb and its pretty hard to sorb -195% resists
  8. MegaFlame

MegaFlame Banned

Griz FOH'er won't do that well due to the inablility to teleport. Really, if you're pure foh then enigma is the armor to use.
  9. Jelly

Jelly IncGamers Member

you wont need teleport you have charge, lol and you should kill them in a few fohers anyways so it doesnt matter, and you have the sorb anyways...
  10. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Not really. Even with enigma, most fohers have HORRIBLE Fcr for tele to work. Charge + desync works the best.

your build might not be the best or top but it will be funny killing people with grisworld set.
  11. Jelly

Jelly IncGamers Member

it should do fine as long as people dont stack lol then all fohers die that way.
  12. kingdryland

kingdryland IncGamers Member

It all comes down to the purpose of this build and whether someone is willing to burn a number of nice lightning facets for fun. I can see the odd sorc that spams fireballs in pubbies getting cremated...But any half decent windy,bone,v/t, etc will totally obliterate you,even in pubbies.
  13. Jelly

Jelly IncGamers Member

uh obviously windies will own you, but pubby necros are easy with foh, unless they summon, and you never see v/ts anyways o_O
  14. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

so basically it kills noobs good.
    add it to the list of random builds that can kill noobs and think about a build which can kill anyone half decent.
  15. Jelly

Jelly IncGamers Member

lol it doesnt necessarily "kill noobs good" anyone can sorb and put on a 160 monarch and tgods, it doesnt mean that they are half decent against anyone else lol.
  16. MegaFlame

MegaFlame Banned

But against some people with huge life or tricks up their sleeves they just get really hard to beat. So being able to tele will help for sure. But since you like griz set I have nothing against it. It'll work.
  17. Jelly

Jelly IncGamers Member

mega like another person in this thread said, "you wont have enough fcr for tele to effect anything" i know this might not be the best build but its cheaper than a 25/-25 foh stick and p griffs keke which the "godly" pallys seem to use, you can probably out convict them with griz set easy plus pal off charms,
  18. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

you only need lvl 25 conviction aura for the maximum -150% resist. any more pts into it is a waste so use combat gcs instead.

this does not apply to convic vs. convic duels since higher convic overrides the lower one. so the higher convic will work. though i doubt a grisworld foher will stand a chance in normal pub fohers anyway.
  19. MegaFlame

MegaFlame Banned

Still, it's his choice, and I think a griz foh will be quite unique and there's nothing wrong with that. So it's his decision really, and we shouldn't say too much to discourage him.