Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Jab vs. Fend. vs. Charged Strike?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Dazliare, Dec 31, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 3636

1. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

Hey all!

This is my first post in the amazon forum, as I'm usually hanging out in the spf. A long time ago, my best character was my javzon, so I made another one on SP, now that I have the gear I want.

Gear isn't an issue, and I think I'm going to have a spear on switch for LI's. I know jab + titan's + infinity works fine, but the spear I have is kind of absurd, and I want to abuse it if I can. So that said, with a war pike, would CS, jab, or fend be more effective? I'm mostly going to be using the character at baal, and I'm thinking the spear will be used to kill baal himself. I have infinity, but my overall -elr% is low. Also, I have the 95% IAS bp if that's relevant :)

I don't use D/A/E, and have extra points in pierce so I can use Tgods, so maxing CS and all its synergies will take awhile, but I'll take that path if you guys think it's worth it?

Thanks!
  2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

CS is the most powerful boss killing skill, why bother with using anything else?
  3. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

That's basically it. Charge strike owns bosses the end.
    If you're making a physical damage centred zon though, then it would be jab. Impale is a lil slow but it could theoretically work.
  4. Whitering

Whitering IncGamers Member

Fend is something I do as kind of a personal dare at the end of a ladder season with the best gear I have available I make a Spearazon. It is a pretty useless skill for any other type of zone.

If this is your first javazon, and you have titan's well...Just do 1 jab, seriously it's still on the list of one point wonders, 20 Lightning Fury, 20 Charged Strike, 20 Lightning Strike (you get a nice bonus to LF and LS from Thundergods), and the rest into passives, have a nice valk.

But a physical one, take the points I put into LS and put them into Jab and whatever other skills you might need more of, like penetrate (LF and CS are basically auto lightning hit).