Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

I've never really liked the amazon...

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Feonn, Jan 25, 2007. | Replies: 11 | Views: 846

1. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

I've never really liked the amazon...

I know it doesn't really belong here, but I just never liked the amazon...
    And I don't know why actually...
    can anyone tell me why the amazon ís a fun character to play...?
    Coz I still don't bother making an amazon...:undecided: :undecided:
  2. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Hi again :smiley:

I was skeptical about Amazons too, but they are pretty fun to play and have a range of builds to suit a range of PvM playstyles and can be very powerful.

I'm currently making a Lightning Fury Zon - I initally thought it looked like a rubbish skill, but it is a real screen clearer. This build is very good if you like an aggressive playstyle - which with 50% dodge/avoid/evade combined with Max Block is very viable. With an added bonus that the more enemies on the screen the more damage you do.

Strafe is great fun too - your Zon is basically carrying a machine gun. This is a more defensive style of play than a Light Zon, but is great for clearing areas.

Multishot - IMO this is slightly more aggressive than Strafe and is great for clearing entire screens in a couple of volleys. You'll even wipe out monsters off screen with this beaut.

Ice Arrow - Tired of cookie-cutter builds? Like the idea of doing massive cold damage, immobilizing your foes with cold explosions from arrows that pierce and explode on the monster behind - hitting them both again? Give this one a try.

Poison Jav - Send vast clouds of toxic gas over entire screens killing everything in sight in a few seconds. Less aggressive than Light fury IMO but still great fun.

3. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

Thanks again...
    I'm sure I'm gonna try her out soon :)
    Thanks for all the info :) :)
  4. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

For you first one I reccomend a Lightning Fury Zon - you go about hoping to come across entire screens filled with monsters.

When you walk into a room filled with critters charging at you rather than "Oh ****!!" it's more like "COME TO ME!!! Bhha ha hha!!"

5. RazCotton

RazCotton IncGamers Member

Lol yep, good ol' javazon...recently made a knew one, 5k light fury & 13k CS...nothing funner than rounding up those little doggies and pwning them with hundreds of bolts of electricity. :D

Pk is also pretty fun considering you kill most things in 1 hit with charged strike, unless they are absorbing of course.
  6. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

agreed, start with java. clears rooms fast and takes bosses down faster than any other character.
  7. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

I love the Javazons. They are my favorite character to play. . .BUT. . .I have been experimenting with the FA Bowazon builds and truthfully I am starting to like them as much as the Javazon builds.

There's just something about 1 arrow freezing (if not killing) 30 cows all at the same time that really, really appeals to me. Throw in some poison damage from a charm or two (or in a bow socket :wink2: ) so it's working while they're frozen and your all set. Sometimes the damage from the poison causes the frozen bodies to bust into ice cubes without you having to do a thing.

If you've never tried the Amazon builds. . .you should. They are LOADS of fun. Be sure to let us know how it goes for you, too.
  8. Hector

Hector IncGamers Member

Amazon is the best class of Diablo II. Period. :prop: (my opinion, haha)

Well, why the Amazon is fun to play? She's the master of ranged attacks, it's pretty fun to watch monsters having a really hard time trying to hit you while you own them from afar, sometimes offscreen. But you can build her melee as well if you get bored of going ranged, and it can be viable with some good gear. Most people who don't play Amazons are the ones who really like melee so they take barbs, druids or paladins.

Whenever I'm playing a melee char, such as a zealot, and see a screen full of monsters (like Flayer Jungle), I get lazy and think "dang... I'll have to break that crowd somehow...". With an Amazon, you think "YUMMY". And take them out all at once, lol. :laugh:

Try a Javazon first. Lightning Fury is one of the best skills in the game. A Bowazon is harder to build and requires more experience as a zon but is a lot of fun as well.

Good luck. :)
  9. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

I never really liked the Amazon class either... I always got pwnd when I didn't know anything about char building, etc..

I'm going w/ an LF/FA zon first to see if I like the zon.. Hopefully I will and will be able to make a good Bowazon next :thumbsup:

GL w/ your zon!!!

Aerwynd
  10. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

How did you get 5k lightning fury, mine is more like 2200?

11. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

How many facets did you burn? 5k damage? Let me guess, 20/20 armor, 20/20 shield, perf griff with 5/5, and a whole load of skillers.
  12. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

D/A/E, Decoy, Valk, Pierce, Freezing Arrow, and Lightning Fury are all the reasons you'll ever need to love an Amazon. :cool: