Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

items with value but trading is soooo slow lately

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by danpal, Jul 7, 2013. | Replies: 12 | Views: 1781

1. danpal

danpal IncGamers Member

find items that are listed as um or mal in trade values, but trying to trade nowadays for so many things is so slow and painful, start up games listing the trade and most of the time nobody at all comes..... sad, but I think I will just charsi a lot more stuff as it is annoying to have a full inventory when trading is hard other than a very narrow category of items
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I rarely sell things on bnet for less than ist, just because it takes so much time! Time that could be spent actually playing the game! ;)

Thats why Ive got my own thread here on this forum, where I sell all the lower valued items. But still no crap items.
  3. jacksonLonghorn

jacksonLonghorn IncGamers Member

Why would you even bother trading when it's all dupes? I understand and support trading/sharing loot with friends privately but to try and hold on to a part of the Diablo 2 community that just isn't there anymore I won't empathize with. Instead here's what you do: when you find items that you consider have value. Mule them, open up a new thread and share your loot with others. If no one wants the loot just use it yourself whenever you find yourself making a new character.
  4. danpal

danpal IncGamers Member

I didn't think there was possible duping anymore? are you saying that the Lo I found through hard work and many mf runs that I recently traded to someone for a Ber that the Ber might have been a dupe???
  5. Locohead

Locohead IncGamers Member

99%+ chance the HR you traded for was created from dupes. But if you trade on bnet all, you are already in the midst of a bot- and dupe-flooded economy, affecting the entire market. I've given up trying to be "legit" on bnet. I just play it to goof around with torches and cheap powerful gear. SP is a much better place to be legit.
  6. jacksonLonghorn

jacksonLonghorn IncGamers Member

I commend you to play legit even on Bnat, however, any and all competition in form of ladders/public accomplishments is all for nothing. I am 100% against any form of cheating in any game. So if you do play bnet, play it only because you have friends playing it. Otherwise trying to be a decent sport will only turn you bitter.
  7. danpal

danpal IncGamers Member

it kind of sucks because that used to be a fun part of playing, was being able to trade your half decent stuff that you find and get some runes you could maybe save up and cube up for something better.... now I find myself Charsi'ing lots of things because the trading is so slow and painful, couldn't even get lem for a thundergods vigor, sold it to charsi.... charsi'd a lidless and trang armor and bow gc just now too, no sense keeping inventory filled up when you can't get anything for this kind of stuff anyways
  8. Tigro

Tigro IncGamers Member

I find killing bots pretty satisfactory (not speaking about 910 000 gold which they usually drop) as an answer for all those cheaters.
    Playing legit on Bnet is possible as well, however, it is really hard to get good stuff with legit runes only, doing CS and Baal runs manually may seem like pain in the ***, however, I really enjoy running CS, it is much bigger fun, when Zod drops, I remember how happy I was. :)
  9. danpal

danpal IncGamers Member

starting to wonder and re-evaluate what items are even worth picking up and holding onto nowadays
  10. mackscynox

mackscynox IncGamers Member

botters bot for uniques/sets/runes but they do not pick white items to make runewords. this brings a demand to economy. best trade deals are made with white items i think, at least on europe ladder i built my wealth depending upon white/socketed items.

killing bots do not prevent them re-creating their games unfortunately. there was a trick to crash the bot software, that does good :)

without a solid solution to bots, just learn to live with them or isolate your gameplay experience from them (items found with bots etc...)
  11. DHK

DHK IncGamers Member

I might be in the minority here but having played both before bots way back around launch and over the past3 or 4 years with the bots I have to say I rather like the advent of botting. I think diablo 2 would die completely without bots at this point.

What I really love about the game is not the gear grind its making all kinds of different toons, trying out new builds and gear combos and that is a lot easier now then it was before botting.

I do miss the trading scene though, used to be a lot of fun back when low-midlevel items still have value to people. I also miss the dueling, now every duel game is full of people with maxed out gear and or duel bots.

Overall though I think bots are kind of holding this game together, yes they can be annoying but im not sure id want to play if they dissapeared completely.
  12. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

That alone will kill the game. Personally, Ive done all but 3-4 builds now. Thats a total of 40-50 different builds overall.
  13. DHK

DHK IncGamers Member

Well I only play ladder so my toons get deleted once a year :) Then I recreate them, but I dont play religously like some people do, I play from ladder reset until I get bored then wait until the next reset. Within a year I dont think I have ever been able to make every kind of toon I wanted to.

IDK I can see it both ways, but I do think the game as a whole would lose a lost of players if Bnet was as aggressive about bots today as they were 10 years ago.