Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Item Fund for Necro Forum Members

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by gvandale, Mar 18, 2004. | Replies: 1433 | Views: 208849

1. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Item Fund for Necro Forum Members

I remember the druid forum had this back in 1.09, and it was rad. Now the sorcy forum has one, and it's helpful to newcomers.

So I say we do one here, because I hate hearing how poor some people can be, and I remember how crappy it was when I first started ladder.

So we should have some rules huh?

-No begging for uber leet gear (enigma / high runes / shako's / etc...)
    -No flaming should someone not fullfill a request exactly (like perfect magi or something)

Let's try to keep this helpful, and useful to all. This is not reserved for low post count people, nor is it reserved for high post count people.

I know my list is a little high end, don't be intimidated if your giving can't match. Give what you can, ask for something when you 'NEED'.

I'll start my little giving list with the following:
    US EAST SC LADDER
    Bonehew's (I have like 5 sitting on mules, i know 1 is dirty, but i can give a hel rune)
    2x trangs belts
    hel runes
    wizardspike (s)
    ss trek (s)
    undead crown
    tarnhelm

I'll post more later. I hope dk stickies this.

g
  2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight IncGamers Member

I will see how it goes for a while. :shhh:
  3. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

I play in USWest, when I can play online. As I recall, I can change realms though. If so I wouldn't mind getting one of those bonehews for my merc.
  4. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

I have a few boneshades and some nightsmokes for poor guys.

Sorry I gave away my trang armors for a song...

I have other odds and ends that work for other chars as well.

Course sounds like we want to focus on necro gears
  5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

i'd be open to helping anyone for any character needs with all the miscellaneous odds 'n ends I have.

So if you post what you could use (within reason) and possibly the odds 'n ends you could donate, that would be pretty rad.

g
  6. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Good initiative gvan.:thumbsup:

I personally don't have too much to give, I've just never really mfed very much. I could spare a Vipermagi perhaps.:cool:

Maybe fatty, HoS or any other westies, might be feeling genorous at some time or another. :)

I guess we'll see who needs what and if people end up postin'. :drink:
  7. k/t

k/t Banned

Item fund

An excellent idea. I have so much low to mid level stuff lying around I never use, thinking at some point I'll actually go through every mule and combine full Sigon's. I'd be glad to donate some stuff - free up space, you don't feel like you've wasted the items (i.e. selling), and you feel that you helped someone. (By the way, a Bonehew... :clap: ). I'll keep reading this thread to find out how things are going with the fund.

Just one question: How will this fund be managed, and how will items be dispensed?
  8. BleedBlack

BleedBlack Banned

I would love to get in on this behind the scences. I'd love to be a "moderator" or co-runner of, or something along those lines with this. There used to be a scholarship fund on the newbie boards that I helped run with Chang_Wufei (who is now banned) and it went extremely well.

One thing we did make the person asking for an item do tho was to kinda state a reason on why they needed it (not even a full paragraph is required) so that it was kinda neat because you knew where the items were going and just HOW exactly they were helping the people. (Its fun to hear about other people's experiences :D)

Anyhow.

I can apply the following on:

USEAST LADDER
    ----------------
    Trangs Armor
    Blackhand Key
    Umes Lament

Sadly thats the extent of my richness on Ladder.

USEAST NON-LADDER
    -----------------------
    I don't know exactly what low-mid lvl nec stuffs I have but I'm sure its quite a bit and if not I'm extemely rich on nonladder and can purchase some stuff if need be.

As for the idea, its a great one. I always love being invloved with these scholarships.
  9. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

This thread has given me the motivation finally to inventory my mules. I'll be back with a full list later tonight.
  10. Growlor

Growlor IncGamers Member

If you are interested in US West non-ladder

low-mid level trinkets (I never got into mf so no great stuff- but none of it is duped-its all legit) I have lots. The guild I used to play with has disbanded and almost none of them play anymore, so I have no need for my mules. Some of this stuff goes back to D2C but most is post 1.07. I also have TONS of low lvl runes (up to about io and ko) and p.gems plus lots of real oddball stuff. Just let me know who is going to manage it and I'll start dumping.
    Unfortunetly, on ladder I'm dirt poor so can't help there though.
    Growlor
  11. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

The following are all US EAST LADDER items. Most are low or middle, but some will probably be desirable. One thing I learned is that I have a lot more stuff in my mules than I originally thought. I wasn't sure what to include and what not to include, so I erred on the side of inclusion, since you never know what could useful for a necro at different points in development (especially the experimental builds). Not all of the items are great, but all of them I have used for some purposes or another. Many of the polearms were early and middle game merc weapons. Stealth is great until Hell b/c it lacks good resistances. I have some early bows for people who want to use rogues instead of act2 mercs. Most of the rest are pretty self-explanatory.

I should note that a part of me is apprehensive to post all of this because I don't want a bunch of PM's begging for loot. Perhaps I should state here that PMs automatically disqualify one from receiving the item. These problems should probably be addressed relatively soon, since they are bound to emerge. Another purpose for posting this list, aside from offering the items up, is to get this thread going and make a serious attempt to begin distribution. I think gvandale has a fantastic idea here, since I know I've needed a few good items to get started. I just don't want gvandale and the 2 or 3 others of us to be the only people trying. This should be a forum-wide effort, since then we could do the most good for the most number, even those in Europe ;). I'm not sure, but East has strong representation here already, and I know West has a lot of well-off players. All those who have recently posted about your 1337 builds should be especially eager to contribute, since you obviously have a great capacity to MF, so much so that you need to tell us about! :uhhuh: .

2x The Face of Horror
    Stealth (Mage Plate)
    IK Belt
    2x Magnus Skin
    Hellcast
    Demon's Arch
    Venom Ward
    Endlesshail
    Blastbark
    All Heaven's Brethren but shield
    Spineripper
    Peasant Crown
    2x Aldur's Rhythm
    Tancred helm + ammy
    Milabrega's armor + shield
    Disciple Set
    Sander's Gloves and Boots
    Bonehew (clean)
    Mavina's Tenet
    2x Spirit Shroud
    Darksight Helm
    Pgems, including topaz, ruby, and amethyst
    Extra Dol and Amn runes
    1 37% ED jewel (no other mods)
    Tarnhelm
    Nat's Boots and Helm
    2x Culwen's Point
    Rare Circlet with Prismatic mod and teleport charges
    Wormskull
    Duskdeep
    4 socket Boneweave
    2x Rockfleece
    Pus Spitter
    Heavenly Garb
    Sazabi Helm
    The Ward
    Meat Scraper
    Trang Gloves
    Ali Baba's
    Steelgoad
    Head Hunter's Glory (clean)
    2x Pestilent LARGE charms
    4 socket wire fleece
    3 socket boneweave
    Blackleech Blade
    Kuko

These are the items I'm willing to give away, but I want to see some rules and some others willing to contribute. Some other items are on developing characters, so I'm less willing to part with them.

Finally, I like the idea of people needing to make a case for acquiring the items. Also, we should keep a master list of the items we have in the item fund. Just some thoughts. I'm excited to see if this takes off!

A brew on me gvandale for such a great idea: :drink:
  12. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I lost all my necro gear in a tragic blimp accident over the rose bowl on new years day
  13. BleedBlack

BleedBlack Banned

This is obviously the best excuse eva...give ash all the items! pwned. :D

Anyway...

I can start with an account. But I'll have to level some ladder mules that won't disappear on us.

Anyone got any clever names on a account. Or should I just name it *necroforumfund or something along those lines. (east btw)

Come on Westies where are all the generous westeners.

Also, I'll start going through my non ladder chars to see what I can donate.
  14. BleedBlack

BleedBlack Banned

Hello again.

UsEast Non-Ladder Items
    ----------------------------

Najs Light Plate
    Dark Adherent
    Rhyme Trolls Nest
    Hwanins Refuge
    Iron Pelt
    Guardian Angel
    Corpsemourn
    Que Hegans
    Griswolds Heart (3x 15% ias jewels)
    Gladiators Bane
    Ondals Almighty
    Hwanins Splendor
    Guillaumes Face
    Lavagouts
    Crown of Theives
    Chance Guards
    Tals Mask x2
    Laying of the Hands
    Sanders Boots
    Goreriders
    Sigons Boots
    Sigons Gloves x2
    Goldstrike
    Tals Orb
    Najs Puzzler
    Rouges Bow
    Kelpie Snare
    Aldurs Rhythm
    Civerbs Cudgel
    Suicide Branch x2
    Umes Lament x2
    Wizardspike
    String of Ears x3
    Dwarfstar x5
    Nagel Rings x4
    Rising Sun Ammy
    Wilhelms Pride
    Tals Belt
    Razortail x2
    Whole bunch of low-mid lvl runes (eth, ith, amn, ral, ort, ko, hel, ect)

*note*

I know alot of these aren't really directly used by necromancers but alot can be and others are useful to be traded off, used on a merc, or even used on a non-cookiecutter necro I guess.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and make an account called *necroforumfund if nobody cares...

*EDIT*

Managed to dump 3 mules onto an account called *necroforumfund will try to do the others later on...
  15. urkel181

urkel181 IncGamers Member

well i'm just starting on USEAST ladder after my password just didn't work one day on my old account (not funny) and i wouldnt mind some free stuff to get me started. Please post here when u can contact me.
  16. the_tree

the_tree IncGamers Member

Spineripper
    Gravenspine x 2
    Trang-Oul's Claws

That's all I really have of necro specific stuff that I can part with. I have some other stuff that could be used perhaps on a merc. I will gladly donate that as well. Can't wait to see how this works out.
  17. Einlanzer

Einlanzer IncGamers Member

Ahoy

hey guys i just started playing again (all my other chars were deleted :(
    ...all that work gone) well anyone i decided i would make a necro so ive been playing about 3-4 days and im around 45. I would gladly appreciate anything!
    Thanks guys...and if you wanna message me my account is *CosmicRooster23

Thanks again ~Einlanzer
  18. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I like this idea. Alot of the time I find decent things that don't trade for things I want, and that I have no use for. I'll have to not throw them away, and maybe make a new account to mule them in...hmmm...

I have no problem in helping people, but I don't like just giving help to random newbs because I get called "noob" when they don't like my free items (which aren't bad free items, but they aren't SOJS.)

This will be an outlet where I know that the items will go to use.

As I said before:

I like this idea :thumbsup:

(i'm an eastie ladder player btw)

OH, Kbob does alot of mfing on east ladder and he might want to help this fund.
  19. GordusMxus

GordusMxus IncGamers Member

US West?

I would participate here on the West Realm. I don't have a lot of extras, a few unique wands, a Wormskull, a few heads, some armor, misc. mid level unique parts.
    I'm still not clear on how this would be arranged- how do you set up game times, etc?
  20. JettJagwar

JettJagwar IncGamers Member

can we flame those who beg for marrowalks?