Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Issue with my javazon....

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by moop, Aug 28, 2007. | Replies: 14 | Views: 1139

1. moop

moop IncGamers Member

Issue with my javazon....

I'm currently playing a level 54 LF Javazon. The problem is, I can never use more than about 8 LFs before my mana bulb runs dry. I have 10 ML, twice what the guides reccommend and I still never have enough mana to throw more.

I've asked people if AR matters and they've all told me no.

Wtf am I doing wrong
  2. tinncann25

tinncann25 IncGamers Member

the problem may lie in the low physical damage of ur weapon. the higher the damage the more the leech

also try to get pheonix for the aura. will help a lot.

if you cant afford go for +mana per kill items, they help tons as well
  3. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Phoenix shield might be a little expensive unless you are very rich. I would recommend insight merc stick.
  4. moop

moop IncGamers Member

I'm using titans lol
  5. AnimeCraze

Non upgraded titans will probably not leech enough. I strongly suggest insight and silkweave.
  6. moop

moop IncGamers Member

I guess I'll upgrade my titans o_O
  7. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

Insight on your merc. . .hmm. . .Would it help- yes- as long as he stays alive.

You effectively change your merc from a helpful killing tool (one that can provide you with WAY more valuable auras) into a Mana generator. When he dies. . .like he so often does when holding an Insight stick. . .you're dead in the water.

The solution to your problem is rather simple actually, and you don't need any fancy runewords on your merc, and you don't need to upgrade your Titans (although both solutions would help).

1. You need items that give you + mana for each kill. You might not think that this would help too much, but it does- significantly. Especially with the killing power of LF. Even at +5 mana per kill. . .If you throw ONE Jav and Kill 4 things (not uncommon at all) you will get 20 Mana back. There are many common items that give +mana after each kill, so no super duped runes are needed, and you don't have to trade the farm for some exotic Elite/Exceptional Unique piece of equipment that you would have to pump Str or Dex through the roof to equip. Simply have a ring or maybe an ammulet that has maybe +5 or so each and that should help alot. There is also the Tir Rune -very common and provides +2 mana after each kill. Won't cure you, but it will help.

2. You need Items that increase your mana bulb. A bigger mana pool to draw from has benefits other than # of consecutive times you can cast your spells. Try to get items that increase your Mana. Again- this won't cure you, but it will help alot.

3. Mana regeneration rate- You can't have enough of this. There are many items that increase it. Try to find some.

4. Leech. The last piece of the puzzle is leech. I say last because in my mind it is much easier to come by, and I believe there is more to be gained by using the other methods. Leeching only happens off of the physical portion of your attack. Much of the damage from LF happens from the Lightning and therefore is not used in the leech calculations. Shoot for 20% and see if your bulb stays a little more full.

Hope this helps. . .:thumbsup:
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  8. SirBeetle

SirBeetle IncGamers Member

assuming this zon is not for pvp, then get some sojs if you can afford.

Making a good javazon is not cheap, if you can't afford good equip, I wouldn't make one.
  9. tinncann25

tinncann25 IncGamers Member

not too expensive

weapon - titans
    helm - valk wing the 2-4+ mana per kill, skills, frw, socket it with a tir if u want
    shield - spirit ~100 in to mana 2 skills and resists, o and 55fhr
    Armor - vipermagi/skulders/que heagans plenty of options for resis/mf/mana
    belt - tgods/razortail/glooms trap
    gloves - 2/20 rares 3/20 magical gloves arnt too hard to come by
    boots - silkweaves for mana
    rare rings and cats eye ammy

all of this should cost you 40 pgems?

10. chileno

chileno Banned

Cresent moon ammy works wonders.
  11. AnimeCraze

Unless you are using something really sick like infinity, I don't see too much problem with insight, especially when it is made in a good polearm. If you are, you can probably afford phoenix, so go for that.

12. SirBeetle

SirBeetle IncGamers Member

I meant that pvp java's are expensive... Then again, so is nearly every pvp character nowadays. I used to do full chaos runs with my java rather quickly and I had to have her pretty pimped out to do it.

13. CoyoteKid

CoyoteKid IncGamers Member

Beetle,

What did your pimped out Java. wear?
  14. Chorro

Chorro IncGamers Member

my pimped out solo ANYTHING javazon used to have:

-griffons socketed with facet

-fortitude armor

-eth titans

-eth treks

-spirit shield

-t-gods

-crafted gloves with 20 ias 2 javs, knockback, reists and 12 str

-rare dual leech ring

-raven

-highlords/cats eye

eth infinity merc

this was a strictly pvm only build, pvp would have to switch the spirit for a JmoD with 4 facets (ridiculously expensive).
  15. Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum IncGamers Member

I had this same problem. I had quite a bit of mana leech % from gear and such but I still found that I wasn't leaching enough mana. Then I knew the problem. It hit me so hard I couldn't believe I missed it! :banghead: I was chucking my Javas so fast (I'm into overkill) that the ML couldn't keep up. So, now I chuck one, wait 1-2 seconds, then chuck another and repeat. My bulb only goes down about 3/4s now and I am still killing the enemy almost as fast as before.