Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Israel and its neightbors are at it again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dirty_Zulu, Dec 30, 2008. | Replies: 167 | Views: 8169

1. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

Israel and its neightbors are at it again

This is a test for Obama. They might as well get one last shot in before Bush's terms is over and let Obama inherit this mess.

The news on the Arab channels are showing more carnage than we're getting here in US.
  2. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Re: Israel and its neightbors are at it again

Leave them alone. Let them duke it out and we can start diplomatic relations with whoever is left.
  3. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

One single fact that is important to me when the topic is Israel vs Arabs is this letter.

In the year of 1917 less then 1% of the population that lived in Palestine (Israel and the Palestinian territories) were Jews. That state is built on crime (ethnic cleansing). Crime committed by the Anglo-Israeli Zionists. Everything else is irrelevant to me and is just pure propaganda by this crime syndicate.
  4. moo-cow

moo-cow IncGamers Member

US presidents can try to play peacemaker as much as they want as long as they stop being two-faced about the violence and demanding that Israel unilaterally adhere to "cease-fires."

edit: yes, the Balfour declaration. The Palestinian Mandate area was already split. The Palestinians got Jordan and the Jews were offered half the remaining land. If you want to use 1917 as the date then I want the Jewish homes in Hebron back, the ones that the Arabs of Hebron stole after their pogrom in 1929.

vdzele, tell me: is crime a result of poverty or is poverty an excuse for crime?
  5. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

It's a bit more than 1% before 1917. You can call it a home coming.

6. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Hamas attacks Israel = almost no widespread news coverage.

Israel fights back = it's the leading story all over the place. :scratchchin:

It's a sad situation all the way around though.

How so?

At least he has already voiced his support of Israel over Hamas.
  7. BRKO

BRKO IncGamers Member

Every nation has the right to establish a state.
    It just cannot be that all are ok with this.
    And thats the way it goes.

Only this region has rougher solutions.
  8. Johnny

Johnny Banned

You can't blame Palestine for wanting their stolen lands back. At the same tiem you can't blame Israel for wanting to keep the aquired ground.

However as Israel took the areas with force they lose their right to complain about people wanting to take it back with force aswell.
  9. BRKO

BRKO IncGamers Member

There is certainly no living man to blame on either side.
    All the democratic states have aquired some part of its land by force, there is alway some sort of hideous crime. And what?
    Do I get the feeling normal people in that region are just tired of all this and we see some sort of fight supporting campaing in the media?

I have heard a rumor that Israeli plans on releasing Zohan Dvir into Gaza :)
  10. moo-cow

moo-cow IncGamers Member

I wasn't aware Sderot, Ashdod, Ashkelon, Kiryat Malachi, Netivot and Rahat were given special status that allowed Hamas to fire rockets on them with impunity. Which towns and cities do the rockets need to hit before the Europeans stop screaming bloody murder when we strike back at launch points and Hamas members? Of course they want a return to the status quo of rockets fired at Sderot and Israelis doing nothing, Israeli lives aren't rated highly in European newspapers.
  11. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Oh come on. Europeans feelings of guilt gave you a 40 year "kill whoever you want free card" for the middle east. Only now are people starting to question your actions that they should have been questioning the last century.

12. BRKO

BRKO IncGamers Member

Go tell this to the people from those rocket attacked towns...

And theoreticaly speaking - if this "free card" was to be officially granted whom else than Israel should it be granted to?

13. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Yes yes yes alot of people suffer in the world.

No one should get it. But you got it and you used it up. Just like dthe united states used up their 9/11 sympathy card and now the world will judge you for your actions.

14. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

There is enough hate in the Middle East to fill all the voids in the world.
  15. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

It's not really a homecoming when you haven't lived there for two thousand years.

16. The Sandcat

The Sandcat IncGamers Member

Yeah maybe. But in determining what belongs to whom,and who is to blame for what,how far do you you go back in time? 10,100, 1000,3000 years??All through history people and nations have fought each other over land and wealth. So why should it be any different today? If you go back 2000 years, the Romans owned half the world. Does that mean Italy is the rightful owner of Europe, North Africa and the middle East?
    When China annexed Tibet, there was little noise up to this day.So why can't Israel annex "Palestine" ?.Why can Britain, the US etc still own half the islands in the Pacific, the Falklands etc??
    Because it is winner takes all, loser takes a fall. And this will never change.
    As so many countries have "intrests" in the Middle East,there will always be problems there.Sooner or later, the whole thing is going to blow up in our faces.Just a matter of time.
  17. Supox

Supox IncGamers Member

The one thing that's missing in this conversation is the numbers... Palestine rockets have killed what, 2 people in Israel? And how many people have died in Gaza.. hundreds.

This is a situation that can't be solved with violence, unless there is some major "clensing". I have always wondered, that if all that money spent for weapons and killing would go to humanitarian aide, what would happen?
  18. The Sandcat

The Sandcat IncGamers Member

Nothing! There is a thread on this subject in this forum. Check it out!:wave:

19. BRKO

BRKO IncGamers Member

Also you can ask why those rockets are launched mostly from inhabited areas?
    To do such a thing one would probably find a lonely place so that my people dont get hurt by the obviously coming immediate counter-attack.
    Ergo we might assume that guys launching the rockets know very well where there is going to be a strike back and they count on it and its consequences.
    On the other hand we might not so easily assume that Israelis are waiting (or even supporting as I have read somewhere lol!) for those rocket attacks so that they can kill as much people as possible in return.

I am so happy I live where I live.
  20. MagisterMan

MagisterMan IncGamers Member

Still if Sweden sent rockets each day at Finland, the people living in Finland wouldn't want the government to be passive for such attacks.