Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is there any honor left?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Senshiki, Aug 12, 2007. | Replies: 40 | Views: 2511

1. Senshiki

Senshiki IncGamers Member

Is there any honor left?

Pardon me, but I am personally frustrated at how many people are completely dishonorable in games. Too often do I see things that others do as if it were as natural at breathing that not only takes away fun from the game, but also screws people over in the process. I don't know about you guys or how you feel, but this is my personal pledge to my fellow D2 players on how I will ensure the best gaming experience.

If you are even in a game with me:

No, I won't take your gold if you get killed.

No, I won't call you a noob when you ask what something means when you have only been playing for a week.

No, I won't hostile you while your baaling/cowing and then come agter you, and take your gold.

No, I won't kill your naked character as you come back for your body after a duel.

Yes, I will pick up your gold when you die, only to hand it directly to you when you get there to ensure no one else takes it.

No I will not swipe your items from you if you need to transfer something real quick, no matter how godly the items may be. In fact, I'll be happy to hold them while you x fer so no one else takes it, and add you so I may return your items should you be hit with a realm down.

Yes, I will let you have a drop if I have no use for it.

No I won't ask you to enter my trade window only to show you some godly item I have and rub it in your face.

Yes, I will open a portal near your body should you be slain.

Yes, I will give you mana pots if you run out. I carry a stock of them for that purpose in every cow game and chaos run.

And no, I will not run around aimlessly in town with a large text box over my head with something obscure inside of it.

That's my rant, it had to come out. I wish people in the realms would actually work as a team more, because when you are in a party of people, you're a team. I guess I get into the game more than others do, but still, there is no reason for anything listed above to make the experience a bad one for anyone or any reason. Just a though.
  2. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Everyone has there code of honor in diablo and it varys player to player but in some it is non-existent such as 1337 talking & calling people noobs for asking questions , scamming etc all that is complete and utter idiocy to me.

But no matter how you look at it the beauty of D2 is there is no set rule that dictates what you can and cant do except to the extent of cheating with hacks.

If i kill someone ill yoink the gold , you just gotta build up a hefty tolerance for players like me on certain things. Like for example i like raiding chaos & baal runs for gold.
  3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Yeah, I personally like calling people noobs because it makes me feel so much more superior to them and makes my day a lot better.
    And killing while they're naked is just funny because I can't help it, I duel with an Auradin, it's not my fault.
  4. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

You & Tri have also been my partner in crime when doing some of those chaos & baal runs from awhile ago.:cloud9:

5. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

...I put on my robe and wizard hat...
  6. Ilikestarcraft

Ilikestarcraft IncGamers Member

Op which gateway/server do you play? Want to do some chaos/baal runs haha if you're eastnlsc.

The community sort of annoys you but you just have to ignore. When i see the pvp section in jsp and here and how people go talking about 5-0 ezpk no re i really dont get it. You're bragging at your skill in a video game? Its like people these days have nothing else better to do than to care about their e-pride. Okay im not perfect i might steal gold,nk accidently, but i apologize its just something you should ignore. Dont let them ruin your experience.
  7. prion

prion IncGamers Member

i'm really frustrated by people going and fetching the cows and bringing them back to the portal. I can't die vs cows when playing a frostmaiden but it annoys me when i have to res my merc, just because people are being retards. I don't understand what they get out of it b/c i see these same people in chaos, and both places they just tend to get themselves killed :shocked: you can't grief good players because we either slaughter the monsters regardless or recognize a losing battle and leave. It mostly annoys me not for the fact that it annoys me but because I don't get it. what does anyone get out of getting themselves killed? oh yeah, and when i do stay in the game, I take their money, if they have any left. It's against the code but those people deserve it and I'll do it even when I'm playing a paladin.
  8. donnchadh

donnchadh IncGamers Member

9. Sasuke42

Sasuke42 IncGamers Member

Play HC. You won't complain about SC, and you wouldn't have to worry about NK/gold stealing... just dieing. oh, and cows on portal means no more character if you can't survive them lol.
  10. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Man, do I ever hear you today - Check out my latest rant ^_^
  11. Floral

Floral IncGamers Member

i feel a rush hour moment coming on....

What it is good for?
    absolutely nrrr ting!
    say it again!
    What is it good for?
    absolutely nothing
    hon.. ur good god!
  12. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

To the OP.... *THUMBS UP*!!!! People like you (and me of course) seem to be awful rare.
  13. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

Of course there is no honor. The vast majority of Bnet in my opinion are nothing more than friendless little losers who need to act out their anger, express their failings, and otherwise live their lives vicariously through a computer. And there never will be honor as long as people need to live their lives through a fake world. Consider how many people think they are actually cool when their char who is 20 levels higher PKs you? Personally I have seen that the vast majority of Pkers are basically complete losers.

Or how about the people that feel the need to call others "noobs" to make themselves feel big. These losers in life are that low they have to resort to childish name calling to build self esteem? Hey, fact of life is once they are offline, surprise they are still losers.

Personally, I have never see a worse much of morons in any community than D2. Enough so that it is the single biggest reason I continuously stop playing this game. I will say their is one bonus to the anonymity of Bnet, most of these morons I would not want to meet in real life.
  14. scarhand

scarhand IncGamers Member

today i dropped a wirts leg to someone who said they could make a cow portal.

they just took the wirts leg and left the game. like honestly what the hell is the point?
  15. drconfused

drconfused IncGamers Member

Personally I am with the op.. and I just love it when in a baal/chaos game and someone comes in thinking there gonna own us only to be slain by the team or an individual in the team.
  16. prion

prion IncGamers Member

re: scarhands post
    that is stupid, if I was going to grief a whole game full of ppl like that, I would just go afk and come back in half an hour and see what people wrote....
    well somebody's probably going to do it now, i guess i'll stay out of cow games for a while...
  17. BOILED IN BLOOD

BOILED IN BLOOD IncGamers Member

Screw honor!

I WILL take your gold if you die.
    I WILL kill you when you come back for your corpse, hopefully your body pops too and I'll take/sell/keep all of your items.
    I WILL hostile you any chance I get.

I like being treacherous and evil, but I do it without the use of hacks. I never act like an *** and call people "noob", that's just lame. I only wish the hostility/PKing was more freeform and with fewer rules like in the days of the original Diablo. I never laughed so hard when I put a TP right beside Diablo and told my friend to come down and help me out, all's clear. Like a fool he took the TP, saw Diablo and nearly soiled his pants. I returned to town and patiently waited and after about 30 seconds I hear his dying wail! Man I laughed until there were tears in my eyes, he lost all of his gear hahaha... he was 100% pissed. :afro:

Also I used to cast TPs in the midst of Black Death so that his health would be permanently depleted, character ruined! So funny...
  18. drconfused

I'm just glad that I continue to play this game with a handful of honorable people... Boiled in blood would not last long on my flist or anyone like him.. I prefer real friends that still see it as a good thing to do as the op does, I am glad I xfer with friends that I can handle over 5 or more hr's and get everyone of them back when I go back into the game.. I am glad that I have friends that will lend me an enigma if I didnt have one and know that I will return it.
  19. BOILED IN BLOOD

BOILED IN BLOOD IncGamers Member

Honestly, ever since I've started playing again it has been exclusively hardcore. This has forced me to share items and help each other out and I actually enjoy it. But when it comes to softcore it's no holds barred. Everyone knows what a dick I can be and we all laugh about it, softcore is strictly PvP with my circle.

20. drconfused

Well if within the circle of friends it has been agreed upon that such tactic is fine than I have nothing against that, but I know I certainly wouldnt be agreeing to be in a hc group that will plop a portal at d and let me die.