Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is the Nova Sorc (still) powerful in 1.13?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by TheAnyKey, Jul 23, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2871

1. TheAnyKey

TheAnyKey IncGamers Member

Hi,

The Nova Sorc with Energy Shield was one of the most played builds in 1.09, before the introduction of the synergies, but it is rarely seen now. I have also read Blizzard nerfed Energy Shield, so that resistances don't reduce the damage Mana takes anymore. Is Nova still playable in 1.13? I mainly want it for mf and rune runs, solely pvm, no pvp. It seems desirable because it has no synergies that you need to spend skill points on.

So can a nova sorc still be good in Hell, up to Baal, maybe even without ES/TK?

Thanks.

2. TheAnyKey

TheAnyKey IncGamers Member

*bump* Any opinions to nova and energy shield in 1.13? Thanks.

3. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Sorry for delay,
    I like frozen nova, its funny. And has backup from its big brothers orb and blizz when things get hairy :)

4. Ghoulz

Ghoulz IncGamers Member

If you slap infinity on yourself nova wrecks. Slap insight on your merc, your mana is kept up and your free to take hits and spam the hell out of nova. Anything that has it's immunity broken or isn't immune is going to get wrecked, except bosses could go by faster. You're going to want to max TK and get ES at 85%+ sadly. Nova is sorta a suicidal spell.