Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it too late for starting to sell on the RMAH?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by InteNuIgen, Jan 3, 2013. | Replies: 16 | Views: 16087

1. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

As a selffound player, i have never dabbled with the AH at all.

Now i have amassed some neat gear and have alot of stuff that would potentially sell on the RMAH.

I have some questions for you AH experts :)

Is the activity on the RMAH what (i presume) it was 6 months ago?

Or am i "too late"?

My thinking was along the lines of possibly making a few bucks which i could use for the expansion :)
  2. SWalker

SWalker IncGamers Member

It's pretty dead now tbh, but you can still sell stuff occasionally. No idea how good your self-found gear is though.
  3. gakky

gakky IncGamers Member

I sell stuff on RMAH every day. It's still pretty active but not as big as it once was.
    What sells well is cookie cutter gear - good legendaries, crap legendaries with reduced level req, crit amulets, big weapons with no crit. Anything with big numbers on it even if rubbish items can sell for $2. The buyers are not as sophisticated as GAH.
    And sometimes you can find cheap items when buying gear.
  4. InteNuIgen

Thanks for the input, i will probably put up a few items and see how it goes
  5. zaxmazr

zaxmazr IncGamers Member

I still sell some items for 10-12 bucks sometimes. Items take longer to sell on the RMAH, but who knows, little jimmy could easily stroll on and buy your gear without looking/comparing other items like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
  6. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Yea, the market is still there for sure, I sell a few items a day on average. It's a very slow moving market though.
  7. InteNuIgen

What do you mean with this?

(Sorry, english is not my first language)
  8. kestegs

Just means that things don't sell very fast.

I often have the best item up at the cheapest price and it will still take a week to sell.

You should also be aware that there is a bug where items don't show up in the search results. It's related to certain durability amounts on items. So you might want to search for your item after you've listed it to make sure it shows up. If it doesn't just put it on a character and die to drop the durability.
  9. InteNuIgen

Thanks kestegs for the input. I did check and found the items when searching for them.

I just got 36 hours as auction duration, where do you change that?
  10. kestegs

You can't, it's the duration of every addiction no matter what. You just have to relist it if it doesn't sell.
  11. InteNuIgen

Ok, thanks :)
  12. betazoid

betazoid IncGamers Member

Just started using EU RMAH and have sold cain boots (31int) 1.47 EUR, Innas pants and tal rasha chest 1.75 EUR pc with random mods so total 1.97 EUR profit which equal about 8 million gold. It is better than I would get from gold action house if you calculate 1 million gold is 25 cents. So if no profit from gold house use RMAH with low prices.
  13. Thattly

Thattly IncGamers Member

I am not sure if you already know about it but isnt it blizzard are planning to remove the RMAH? I saw the article at joystiq
  14. ADJMan

ADJMan IncGamers Site Pal

They said they would turn it off if they could, but it is not as easy a solution or as black and white as what you read on the internet. There are still many players who use it (judging by my weekly sales of around $10), but the demographics are just not released to public. If absolutely no one was using the RMAH, then I believe they would remove it outright, but there must be enough players that are using it, my best guess is 10%, that they cannot remove it without thinking of those players as well as the other 90%.
  15. Thattly

Thattly IncGamers Member

Indeed they would be having a hard time in removing the RMAH. But then I thought of even if they remove it those people who uses the RMAH will switch to other third party sites. And as far as I know those people who uses the third party sites are much has cheaper offers than in RMAH.
  16. ADJMan

ADJMan IncGamers Site Pal

personally I like the RMAH cause it doesn't runt he risk of an account ban. I do believe that the RMAH would worka bit better if they had a lower floor on certain things, like essences and tomes.
  17. ryuuhei

ryuuhei IncGamers Member

Tbh you are right! I am both using the RMAH and other third party sites, but only when it comes to gold purchasing. There are a lot of active forums for RMT, I do go to those site to buy the cheapest gold and I can even resell or buy the items that i need in the auction house. Most of the time I always prefer to transact via trading platform like the well known playerauction site. Its very reliable for me and if RMAH is gone or whatnot, I can always prefer PA as a very well secured place to trade.