Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is it just me or is it sorceresses?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Cabalist, Jun 27, 2006. | Replies: 7 | Views: 419

1. Cabalist

Cabalist IncGamers Member

Is it just me or is it sorceresses?

It may just be me being paranoid, as can be characteristic, but I feel as though, during the current period of everyone hating b.net because of lag and interruptions etc., that it is more difficult to join a game and more likely to get a connection interruption if you're trying to do it with a sorceress...

It does seem wholly preposterous, but it's certainly a trend I have noticed with my characters. With my paladin, for example, though lag can be present, it takes quite a bit to get a connection interruption (for some sort of mis-use that makes you seem like a bot, as opposed to the random extra-annoying ones) - yet all I have to do with my sorceress is choose it from the list of my characters and already my access to games seems denied.

For one, I certainly do think that you get a few more (perhaps not making it particularly obvious, but still...) connection interruptions for teleporting. I think I read somewhere that one of the things that makes you appear as a bot is repeatedly doing the same skill - which I assume only applies to 'utility' skills, as opposed to attack skills (otherwise the situation would be a lot more annoying than it is now) - which would imply that using the teleport skill in order to get somewhere like Andariel or Mephisto (quel surprise) would make you likely to get an interruption. Perhaps b.net have decided that there is an excess of sorceresses being made for the purposes of magic-finding, which contradicts the point of implementation yet nevertheless doesn't seem like an impossible conclusion for the employees to make.

Anyway, enough of my rambling and the off-topicness of magic finding, and for all I know I could be absolutely right, yet it was successfully pointed out eons ago. If not, then what's your opinion. Me or the sorceresses?
  2. strikeamatch

strikeamatch IncGamers Member

i dont ever get C/I on my sorc... i play her pretty much every day now and while i do get a lot of "fail to joins" i dont ever get dropped once i'm in a game... unless the server crashes... or my wireless bounces... or some other diagnosable problem... plus maybe 1 freak CI per week.

and i use 120 fcr teleporting all the time. to eldritch, to shenk, to meph, to whatever keypopper i'm going after... i only teleport, then walk maybe 2 steps to get behind the merc ;)

cheers
  3. k/t

k/t Banned

Quelle.

10 chars
  4. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

Quell

10chars
  5. Cabalist

Cabalist IncGamers Member

Erm... exactly what are k/t and sokar talking about? I understand the correction of 'quel' as surprise is in fact feminine and not masculine as I assumed, hence k/t's "quelle" though I doubt the word "quell" exists..

But 10chars? Don't really understand what's going on...
  6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Posts must be at least 10 characters long. Sometimes a person's answer/post doesn't meet that requirement, so they add the phrase "10 chars" in order to make the post longer.
  7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

it's you

i play frequently solo in hell with physical damage builds only (i despise all caster builds) like zons/barbs/shift druids and i get constant lag spikes, freeze/speed-up lag, CI, pick-up lag, *insert BS here* this season
  8. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

I was just being a smartarse, I'm not in the habit of making posts to correct spelling. Quell is the English spelling of the word.