Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Introduction

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SunsetVista, Aug 20, 2012. | Replies: 11 | Views: 534

1. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

Hello!
    *puts on holy shinguards of swords*
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm not sure why I waited so long to post, but I'm finally getting around to it. =)

Diablo 2 is one of those games you can never quit; I just keep coming back to it. I started playing single player back in 2009 and that's when I found this forum. I've found the info here to be very helpful, so I hope that I am able to help others out too.

I recently got back into the game with an untwinked, single-pass softcore base vita ES/Nova sorc. Part of the reason I am posting this is so that I can post her Mat thread and people will know what I'm talking about, unlike in real life. Lots of the people I hang out with play StarCraft, but not so many Diablo 2 anymore....

Having finished that Nova sorc, I plan to continue running AT for xp and items with my lvl 92 blizzsorc Ravenfrost. I also plan to mat/pat a character of each class. So far I still have to do druid, assassin, and barb, having already matted/patted a fishymancer named Yevon, a couple sorcs, a wsk fishyzon named Azula, and a tesladin named Corak. I typically play self-found with RWM and GoMule/Atma as extended stash. Many of my characters were started back in 1.12 or earlier, but I play the latest 1.13 patch now. I can't believe how easy the game has gotten with the removal of iron maiden and the increased rune drops, although it's ok because then I can try out more melee builds and try to get some insane runewords.

I will be following the various MF challenges and tournaments with interest; I might even try entering a tournament myself, although I'm still a bit nervous about hardcore.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

Welcome!

*steals pants*

Drop by the bar :) and definately do a tourney!!!
  3. SunsetVista

Ack, sorry for the wall of text! Embarrassed Question: How do I format my posts so that they are more readable? It looked alright before I submitted it... Oops, should've put on a belt to guard against those pant thieves.... Good thing my wallet was in my other pants.
  4. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

Welcome to the SPF!

Homemade shinguards don't work, sorry. They have to be handed to you.

*hands over shinguards of the squid*

Oh, and watch your wallet. It will likely be stolen as well. ;)

Can't do anything about the pants though. Hope you have another pair handy...

Edit: Paragraphs are your answer. Hit enter/return now and then twice and come to the bar and have a paragraph and a dew on Durf. ;)
  5. SunsetVista

Hmm, I did have paragraphs when I submitted it. Just messed around in the settings tab and maybe this will work now.

Did it work this time?
  6. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

It worked!

Welcome! You're being too active, we have to beg the other new kids to do stuff! :p jk

I look forward to reading about your chars and progress.
  7. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

Welcome!

*steals wallet.

First newcomer I don't have to invite to the bar...

*hands out a new wallet
  8. spearv

spearv IncGamers Member

Hola! Welcome to the forum
  9. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Howdy. Welcome to the SPF!
  10. SunsetVista

Thanks for the welcomes and the Dews! =)

edit: oh, and the shiny new wallet, too!
  11. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

A Sept was my first long-term goal as well - not a bad way to go. I very much like the 1.13 rune drop rate, as I'm trying to decide what previously-considered-expensive runewords to make just on self-found runes (for instance, Enigma, but I'm not sold that I would really like that).

If high runes, lack of IM, and crazy runewords ever get old, you could try out some 1.09.

12. SunsetVista

@RobbyD - I've read some of your threads on 1.09, and it does look interesting. I really like when you compare builds in the different versions. I actually probably will try it out after I complete some of my 1.13 goals. I'm not sure how long it'll take though.