Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Installation Problem?!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SoopaMIDGET, Feb 26, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 812

1. SoopaMIDGET

SoopaMIDGET IncGamers Member

So im trying to install Diablo II and the game installs but when i go to update to the expansion (LOD) it says that Diablo II isnt installed. I have no idea what the problem is. I also tried to run Diablo II without the expansion being installed and it took forever to start up and when i got in the colors were distorted. Please help.
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Where did you install it? What OS are you using?

My first suggestion would be to uninstall and install it directly into the C: folder, not the program files. D2 and program files really don't get along very well.

The starting problem are likely a video setting issue. Try running the vid test in the D2 folder and see if that helps.
  3. SoopaMIDGET

Yeah the video test worked, the colors are fine now, but LOD is still not loading up. I installed it in Program Files (x86) and im using Windows 7
  4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Did the disks come together, or did you buy them separate? If you got them separate it is possible that the installer is a different version for each one. If that is the case then you will need to go to http://us.battle.net/en/ and register your CD keys and download the game client.
  5. SoopaMIDGET

Thanks a lot man, that was the problem lol. *facepalm*
  6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The game from the CDs is 10 years old and it will only work when being started as admin. After applying the latest patch, it will work fine.