Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Installation issues -- Error Codes

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by Dacar92, May 14, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 11168

1. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

Please add error codes here if you have a solution for them.

Error 108 - I believe this is due to an incomplete file having been downloaded. Check the download directory to see if there is a .prt file in there. If so, restart the downloader and allow it to finish.

Error 37
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5338015/Launch_Day_Preparation_Guide-5_14_2012
    Launch Night Login

As we’ve unlocked the Diablo III installer early, many people will be ready to log in right when the servers go live at midnight, so we’re going to be closely monitoring the impact on the service. It’s possible we’ll need to adjust the rate at which we’re logging people in to ensure a stable experience, and if we do you may see a delay when attempting to login. Please be aware that a delay of up to 40 seconds is possible while the game attempts to connect you. If your connection doesn’t succeed in 40 seconds, you’ll be presented with an Error 37 message and asked to try again. If you see this error it does in fact mean that you should try again.

Error 12
    "This Battle.net account does not have a Diablo III license attached to it. (Error 12)"

Error 33
    "Battle.net is down for maintenance. Please try again later. (Error 33)"

As we find new error codes and find solutions post them here. Then I will copy and paste your post into this one and delete all other posts in here to keep it clean.
  2. Dacar92

3. Dacar92

4. Dacar92

5. SCFreelancer

SCFreelancer IncGamers Member

6. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

I had an error 12.

Cause: My account region is America's but in the option page my game had been set to Asia.

Solution: Adjusted my Diablo 3 region to the same as my account region.

Result: My error code changed from 12 to 33. Which is correct since the servers aren't ready.

Summary: I wasn't so savy to the difference between having a region set to my account and having a game that was open region. Having an open region game doesn't mean you can connect to any region you want to unless your account is set for those regions too. I don't know the correct wordage that properly describes if we are 'set', 'enabled', 'licenced', to a particular region by our battle.net accounts. However, it is going to be a very gray area for some gamers to have to get their heads around when their 'open region' games come preset to the incorrect region of which their account is enabled to.